Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Helena Shaw vs. Lori Quaid
MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Match 19737 T. Hawk vs. Thunderbird (John Proudstar)

JohnnyChany

image.jpeg.16596f88115c87f4d4607644f2c4ad84.jpeg

Professor Xavier removed Cerebro from his bald head and gently placed it down when suddenly Scott Summers, Cyclops, barged into the room followed by Beast, Hank Mccoy.

“Hank, I don’t think this is a good idea,” said Cyclops.

“Let’s ask the Professor what he thinks,” Hank countered.

“What do I think about what?” Charles wondered.

“A unique opportunity and challenge has been presented to us,” Hank announced.

The three men were then joined by Ororo Munroe and a large muscular man Charles did not recognize.

“This is Thunder Hawk,” stated Storm. “He approached us after our mission in Mexico.”

“A pleasure to meet you,” said Charles. Professor Xavier extended his hand and shook the hand of T. Hawk. “What can the X-Men help you with?”

“I want to destroy Shadoloo,” T. Hawk responded. “Bison kidnapped and brainwashed my beloved Juli and I don’t want to let him get away with it.”

“I sympathize with your feelings. Shadoloo certainly has been responsible for much suffering in the world,” said Charles.

“Which is why the U.S. military has been sending in covert units to Thailand to take them out,” Scott interjected. “If we got involved it would be another battle front to take our focus away from Magneto, Sinister, and Apocalypse. Not to mention a potential political landmine.”

“Any potential assistance from the X-Men would be kept secret,” T. Hawk insisted.

“He has proposed a deal with us,” said Ororo.

“I would like to join the X-Men on a short term basis in exchange for you helping take on Shadoloo and freeing all the dolls,” T. Hawk explained.

“Are you a mutant?” Professor X asked.

Cyclops stepped forward. “No. he isn’t. Which would mean even if we agreed to help him he couldn’t be an X-Man.”

Beast disagreed. “I would say more like it’s unclear at this point without proper testing. I saw him jump into the air holding a man with one hand and rotate his arms 720 degrees before slamming that man on the ground. I certainly have never come across a normal human able to perform such a feat.”

“Perhaps there is some magic involved,” Storm opined.

“I would not join as myself because I don’t want to tip off M. Bison tp our deal, otherwise you all would most likely become a target,” T. Hawk explained.

“I’m not sure I understand,” Professor X admitted.

“I would like to join as Thunderbird III,” T. Hawk declared.

“That is quite the legacy,” replied Charles. “Even if we agreed to this arrangement we would have to talk to James first before bestowing that moniker upon you.”

“I already have,” said Storm. 

She walked over to a nearby screen and pushed a button revealing the mutant James Proudstar, Warpath, younger brother of the original Thunderbird, John Proudstar. 

“Good day, Charles.”

“Always a pleasure, James. What is your opinion on this matter?” Charles inquired.

“I initially had some reservations. Thunderhawk is not Apache, however he is a proud and capable warrior with a noble cause and I like the idea of my brother’s legacy of being a hero living on if only for a short while. After Ororo introduced us, I told him of my one condition for him to be called Thunderbird,” stated Warpath.

“Which is?”

“To defeat the simulation of my brother in the Danger Room. I assume he is still in the program?”

“He is,” Charles confirmed.

Cyclops spoke out again. “Don’t tell me you are seriously considering this?”

Professor X considered the situation for a moment. “Shadoloo may not be targeting mutants at the moment, but it doesn’t mean that time won’t come. Humanity’s issues are our issues. We protect the innocent, and many innocent people will be spared Bison’s wrath if we take down Shadoloo.” He turned his attention to T. Hawk. “If you are strong enough and skilled enough to defeat John Proudstar then you would make a valuable addition to the team, no matter how long that time may be.”

“I will get the preparations started in the Danger Room,” announced Hank as he left the room.

Storm placed a supportive hand on T. Hawk’s shoulder. “Good luck my friend. We will talk once it is over.”

T. Hawk nodded at Storm and then nodded respectfully at Professor X and Warpath.

Cyclops relented. “Alright it’s decided then. Let’s see what you got, Thunder Hawk.”

I think the fight would be very close and intense, but I would give a slight edge to Thunderbird. He has more experience in fighting against different types of opponents, and his superdense body mass should give him more durability and resilience than T. Hawk. T. Hawk would put up a good fight, but he should be overwhelmed by Thunderbird’s speed and aggression.

Good set-up, Johnny. Xavier may actually be willing to let T-Hawk go undercover in this circumstance. Fun fact: John Proudstar has actually been resurrected in the comics recently. 

As for the match, though, I don't see T-Hawk beating Thunderhawk's simulation. John is stronger, more durable, and quicker. Looks like the older Proudstar should win his apparent one-on-one debut on CBUB. 

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - patrickthekid
4.70 - DSkillz
4.80 - Boratz
5.00 - Macklemore
4.00 - Pizzaguy2995

FPA Calculation:
5 Total Votes cast
23.50 Total Combined Score
23.50 / 5 = 4.70 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE