Slot: The Team's Athlete
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Conan the Barbarian at this Wiki
Official Site: Conan Properties International

Battle Terrain
Team Athlete Challenge: Triathlon

I assume Conan can swim and run faster, but can he even ride a bike? I legitimately think that Angel might win just because he's fit and knows how to ride a bike. Even if Conan knows how, Angel still has a good shot. He's a very fit modern man and I honestly wouldn't be surprised to learn that he was a Triathlete already

Oh man, I don't doubt that Conan could learn how to ride a bike but I do think trying to ride a bike for the first time ever takes some adjustments. He would have this fight any other day, but unfortunately for him he has to use an item he has no experience with.

Recently Conan has spent time in the modern world during his time with the Savage Avengers. So he probably has some idea of what a bike is.

We know in other stories where he time traveled to modern times. He quickly figured out cars, guns etc.

Also if biking comes last Conan is going to be so far ahead he'll have time to learn. How to ride a bike.

46 minutes ago, RiotGear said:

Recently Conan has spent time in the modern world during his time with the Savage Avengers. So he probably has some idea of what a bike is.

We know in other stories where he time traveled to modern times. He quickly figured out cars, guns etc.

Also if biking comes last Conan is going to be so far ahead he'll have time to learn. How to ride a bike.

Sgt Angel has the record on the 100 meter dash, and top of his class in swimming and biking. He was built for this challenge. 

I have to agree that Conan is disadvantaged in the bicycle stretch.  While I would assume that he would pick-up a good head start in other areas, there just isn't enough margin to learn the bicycle skill.

That said, I know Conan has visited the modern era in comics, and I went looking for the comic panel that shows him riding a bicycle. Alas, it does not exist.

19 hours ago, IKA said:

Sgt Angel has the record on the 100 meter dash, and top of his class in swimming and biking. He was built for this challenge. 

Conan has kept pace with, outran, or ran down. Grey hounds, wolves, and horses. All which have speed well above even top tier human athletes.

Note to self: must watch Hot Fuzz and the Conan films soon. 

From what I've heard about them both, Conan should have the physical edge, but Angel, being more adept with modern times, would know more about riding bikes. It may depend on if Angel can stay close enough to Conan to where he could possibly make up the difference in the cycling portion, where Conan may initially struggle with a learning curve.  

15 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Note to self: must watch Hot Fuzz and the Conan films soon. 

From what I've heard about them both, Conan should have the physical edge, but Angel, being more adept with modern times, would know more about riding bikes. It may depend on if Angel can stay close enough to Conan to where he could possibly make up the difference in the cycling portion, where Conan may initially struggle with a learning curve.  

Sgt. Angel was such a great officer that he made the rest of the force look so bad by comparison that they sent him to another village.

On 11/27/2023 at 4:15 PM, UMPIRE said:

SEASON 13, ROUND 1

Sgt. Angel
http://www.electricferret.com/static/images/cbub/cbub_contender_image/8/2060/2060.jpg
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Sgt. Angel at this Wiki
Official Site: Rogue pictures.

Conan the Barbarian
http://www.electricferret.com/static/images/cbub/cbub_contender_image/6/7/7.jpg
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Conan the Barbarian at this Wiki
Official Site: Conan Properties International

Battle Terrain
Team Athlete Challenge: Triathlon
http://www.electricferret.com/fplstatic/images/fpl/web_images/terrain/S13/Slot_6/Challenge_2_Triathlon.png

This scale is only based on the uk measurement of officer and is not based on a global scale, therefor Mr. Angel cannot truly say he is the best in the land. 2nd.....

ITS CONAN COMEON. HE IS A PEAK SPECIMEN HUMAN. 

this is point I expect the loss of votes because I cannot come up with a better argument.  

21 hours ago, IKA said:

Sgt. Angel was such a great officer that he made the rest of the force look so bad by comparison that they sent him to another village.

Yeah, from seeing some clips and reading up a little on Angel, I figured that he might fit that "The Ace" trope. 

21 hours ago, RiotGear said:

I did some looking. It turns out if you're bike breaks down during a triathlon, you are allowed to "walk the bike" to the next transition point. Which means Conan can avoid the whole problem by simply breaking his bike.

Okay, now I just got an image of Conan raging out and breaking his bike, then picking it up over his head and running with it. Hilarious. 😆 

Good point, though. They're both aces to an extent, so this should be close.