Inhumanoids: 3

Tournament - Juggernaut vs. Mr. Incredible
MATCH SCORE
Juggernaut: 10
Mr. Incredible: 0

Match 18885 Scarlett vs. Skarlet

JohnnyChany

image.jpeg.7efa4f0fb9221c2c07824faf38600d08.jpeg

The blood mage, Skarlet, entered Shao Kahn’s throne room and knelt in front of her master and adopted father.

“You summoned me, my lord?” she said respectfully.

“Yes!” he hissed. “My spies in Earthrealm tell me that Raiden may be looking for some new champions due to Liu Kang’s continued entanglement with Kitana.”

“We can use that to our advantage,” suggested Skarlet.

“I will. But for you, I want you to eliminate some potential candidates,” Shao Kahn commanded.

“Of course,” said Skarlet. “Where do I even begin?”

“Special Forces,” replied Shao Kahn. “Raiden has gone to that resource often with the likes of Sonya Blade and her daughter. I’d expect him to tap that well again.”

Skarlet rose to her feet. “I understand.”

“There is one Special Forces Unit that I have my eye on. Eliminating as many of their ranks as possible will not only limit Raiden’s recruiting possibilities but also cripple Earthrealm’s defense against my eventual conquest,” Shao Kahn explained. “You must infiltrate their headquarters and devour as many of their soldiers as you can while staying under the radar from Raiden.”

“Give me a name,” said Skarlet.

“G.I. Joe.”

image.jpeg.76b8955a2cb421e1f290ac4f17048542.jpeg

A few days later, Duke and Scarlett walked through some surprisingly empty hallways at G.I. Joe headquarters.

“I can’t remember the last time it was this empty,” remarked Scarlett.

“Even Joes deserve their holidays and vacations,” stated Duke. “Cobra is in disarray and has been quiet. Now is the perfect time.”

“You’re right. I’m just not used to it being this quiet around here,” Scarlett observed.

“If you really want to know what I think, I bet a bunch of the guys are using this time off to train for the obstacle course competition against General Blade and her OIA unit next month,” Duke theorized.

“What’s the record now?” asked Scarlett.

“I believe they are up 8 wins to 5 on us.”

“That’s only because they’ve got the younger legs coming in. There is a whole second generation there with Cassie Cage and Jacqui Briggs,” noted Scarlett. “We can’t compete with that.”

“Not unless Flint and Lady Jaye start popping out kids,” said Duke.

“I’m not going anywhere near that,” Scarlett said with a chuckle.

The two Joes laughed together until their combined laughter was stopped by the sounds of screams and shouts in a nearby corridor.

The joy left Scarlett’s face. “Are we under attack?”

“Let’s go check it out.” Duke motioned for the two of them to stealthily enter the door to their right as he pulled out a pistol and Scarlett pulled out her crossbow.

Once in the doorway, they immediately spotted the intruder. An exotic looking woman in red leather hovered menacingly over a group of G.I. Joe infantry men covered in blood.

“End of the line lady!” Duke declared as he pointed his gun at Skarlet’s back.

Skarlet stood straight up and lifted her hands in the air without facing him. “You must be Duke. I was looking for you.”

“There’s better ways of getting my attention than attacking my men.”

“But this was the moment I was looking for…” In one quick motion, Skarlet formed a dagger on her right hand with her blood magic and struck back at Duke, stabbing him in the chest. “I am just dying for your blood.”

Duke fell backward in immense pain. Skarlet stood over him ready to strike again when her eyes noticed a crossbow aimed at her from a different direction.

“I don’t know what kind of sick vampiric voodoo you’re into, but you are going to drop that weapon right now!” Scarlett demanded.

“It doesn’t exactly work that way,” Skarlet retorted.

“I don’t care what way works, stand down unless you want a bolt between your eyes,” Scarlett threatened.

Skarlet scoffed. “You really think you can frighten me with that little crossbow and those throwing stars on your bracers? You are delusional, Earthrealmer.”

“These weapons are being wielded by over 30 years of combat experience and a fighter who got her first black belt at 15,” Scarlett announced.

“I am not impressed,” stated Skarlet.

“I am not trying to impress you, wench. Just letting you know about the Joe that is about to kick your ass!”

Nice.

Scarlett bites it though.

I wouldn't be outraged if she turns out to win though. She could.

And for the story Flint and Lady Jaye's daughter is Marrissa Fairborne from the later seasons of the original Transformers cartoon. So technically the Joes do have some young legs.

Another good set-up, Johnny. Netherrealm characters could actually make good G.I. Joe opponents. 

As for the match, I'm not that familiar with many of the later MK characters, but MK fighters in general tend to have higher physicals than most normal humans along with some supernatural attacks. Scarlett's very good, but this Skarlet chick is likely physically on another level and that's not even getting into the fact that Scarlett sounds like she's around middle-aged and therefore probably not quite in her physical prime. 

I think Scarlett gives a good fight, but eventually gets overwhelmed by Skarlet. 

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - patrickthekid
5.00 - StormChaser
4.80 - Boratz
4.40 - broadwaybeyonder
4.50 - leroypowell3
4.70 - DSkillz

FPA Calculation:
6 Total Votes cast
28.40 Total Combined Score
28.40 / 6 = 4.73 Final Rating on the match