Ogra: 3

Rumble 20532 Shark Boy and Lava Girl vs. Freddy Krueger
MATCH SCORE
Shark Boy and Lava Girl: 4
Freddy Krueger: 3

Match 18833 Doctor Strange vs. Shang Tsung

JohnnyChany

image.jpeg.b4edede43704da17916f91b9bf32bd4f.jpeg

As Dr. Strange trimmed his goatee, he noticed from his mirror Wong giving him a bemused look.

“What is it?” asked Strange.

“I think you spend just as much, if not more, time prepping yourself in the mirror as you do your study of the mystic arts,” remarked Wong.

“Proper grooming habits are very important,” Strange insisted. “You never know who and when someone will drop by the Sanctum Santorum.”

As if on cue, a white portal appeared next to the two sorcerers and out stepped a regal looking woman in blue armor and a blue headband. 

“You see,” said Strange.

The woman didn’t have a menacing aura about her and if anything, she appeared confused.

“Miss, can we help you?” asked Wong.

“This doesn’t look right, something is wrong,” replied the woman as she glanced from left to right.

“We have redecorated a little but the only thing out of place here is you madam,” stated Strange.

The woman then turned her attention specifically to Dr. Strange. “My name is Kitana, I am Empress of Outworld. I am looking for Dr. Fate. Where is he?”

“Dr. Fate?” Wong repeated.

Dr. Strange was incredulous at the sound of that name. “My apologies, your highness. If you are looking for Dr. Fate, you are not only in the wrong building. You are in the wrong universe.”

Kitana was taken aback. “How can that be? That gateway has remained untouched since its creation,” She clenched her fist in frustration. “Shang Tsung must already be altering the timeline and his meddling has altered the gateway.”

“Hold on a second,” said Strange. “Who is Shang Tsung and what gateway are you talking about?”

“Shang Tsung is an evil shape shifting sorcerer who resides in Outworld. The gateway was created by the elder god, Raiden, and Dr. Fate, after our two universes collided in such a way that almost annihilated both of our realities.” Kitana explained. “Raiden told us we should use it in case of emergency should he be unable to help us. That time is now.”

Dr. Strange rubbed his chin. “Intriguing. Still doesn’t explain how you arrived here.” Strange turned to Wong. “Do we have any information on an Outworld?”

“It is a realm of existence in my universe, like Edenia, the Netherrealm or Earthrealm,” Kitana informed impatiently. “But I don’t have time to give you a history of my home. You clearly know Dr. Fate. How can I get to him?”

Dr. Strange tilted his head back and forth.  "Know is a strong word. We have crossed paths on a couple of occasions, never intentionally, and unfortunately I lack a convenient gateway to reach him.”

“This is infuriating. Very well, then as Empress of Outworld I require you to loan me one of this world’s champions to help me save my universe,” Kitana declared.

“That is a strong request from someone who barged into my Sanctum uninvited, but you have my curiosity. Tell me more about what is going on in your universe.”

“To sum up, the Earthrealm’s Chosen One, Liu Kang, defeated the Titan and Keeper of Time, Kronika, before she could reset the timeline from the very beginning, erasing us and ensuring that the Thunder God, Raiden, would not exist. Liu Kang accomplished this by merging his current and past selves along with Raiden himself, becoming a Fire God. He defeated and destroyed Kronika. Consequently, he also destroyed her crown which is a supremely powerful object and necessary to control the hourglass Kronika used to shape timelines and prevent it from shattering.” 

The huge information dump made Wong grab his head as he tried to wrap his mind around it all. “Man, that is a lot of titles.”

“Liu Kang saw in the hourglass that utilizing the duplicitous Shang Tsung was the only way to produce a good outcome by going back in time, defeating Kronika again, but preserving the crown so that it could be used in tandem with the hourglass.”

“Your presence here must mean that this Liu Kang’s plan didn’t work,” Dr. Strange surmised.

“He came to me before going off to confront Shang Tsung. His plan required Shang Tsung to amass a lot of power and wield the crown himself. Liu Kang was confident that with new Fire God abilities he could still defeat Shang Tsung, but he told me to use the gateway to get Dr. Fate’s help if he didn’t immediately return.  He said that the fruition of his plan would mean the defeat of all of Earthrealm’s protectors and the mighty armies of Outworld. No one in our universe would be around for backup,” Kitana informed.

“I gotta say that sounds like a really horrible plan,” Strange opined.

“Do not mock our plight,” scolded Kitana.

“I meant no offense. Let me make it up to you by offering my services. I am Sorcerer Supreme and protector of this Earth’s reality,” Strange boasted.

“Like a different universe version of Dr. Fate?” Kitana wondered.

“If you want to be reductive, sure,” said Strange.

Wong grabbed Dr. Strange’s arm. “Do you really think it wise to get involved in another universe’s war?”

“I do,” replied Strange. “In fact I think I am being very practical. Think about it. Dr. Fate’s world seems to be linked to ours in some bizzare way. His world is also linked to that of our Empress Kitana here. If her world falls it’s only a matter of time before that affects his universe and then our own. Better to put it down now.” He turned his focus to Kitana. “Lead the way.”

“I guess I shall keep the Sanctum protected until your return,” said Wong.

“Splendid.”

Once they used the gateway into Kitana’s universe, Kitana explained to Dr. Strange where Shang Tsung and Liu Kang would be located on Kronika’s isle.

image.jpeg.4223ff7e6ea62d709574ec491413ae11.jpeg

Inside Kronika’s Keep, a youthful looking Shang Tsung wearing Kronika’s crown, imbued by her temporal power, squared off against Fire God, Liu Kang. He was so close to realizing his goal of absolute power that he could taste it. He had bested Nightwolf. He had defeated Raiden and his brother, the God of Wind, Fujin and fed off their godly essence. He had put down Shao Kahn and Sindel and devoured their souls. Shang Tsung had even destroyed Kronika herself, the all powerful Titan who previously had casted him into the void. Still, there was no victory he was looking forward to more than the one staring him in the face at that moment.

“I have dreamed about this moment, Chosen One,” Shang Tsung taunted.

The two super powered beings clashed and struck out at each other. Suddenly, an unexpected sight caught Liu Kang off guard as he noticed Kitana and a man he did recognize step out of a sling ring portal nearby.

“Kitana?”

Shang Tsung capitalized on Liu Kang’s momentary lapse of concentration and landed a crushing blow on the one-time member of the White Lotus Society. He then choked Liu Kang.

“Your soul is mine!”

A blast from Dr. Strange separated the two and the Sorcerer Supreme stood in front of Liu Kang.

“If you want his soul you are going to have to get through me,” Strange announced.

Shang Tsung scoffed. “And who are you? You can’t possibly be Edenian. Are you some Earthrealm champion that Raiden has been hiding all this time?”

Dr. Strange smirked. “Something like that.”

Kitana rushed over to the fallen Liu Kang.

“I could have had him. I just needed more time,” Liu Kang insisted. “Who did you bring? That isn’t Dr. Fate.”

"His name is Strange."

"All of the names I have come across since the day I met Raiden, I'm sure it can't be that weird," stated Liu Kang.

Kitana did not respond and simply shook her head.

Learn More About
Doctor Strange
Read more about Doctor Strange at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Comics Links: Wikipedia: Dr. Strange Marvel Database: Dr. Strange Marvel.com: Dr. Strange

Shang Tsung
Read more about Shang Tsung at Wikipedia
Official Site: Midway Games Links: Wikipedia Biography of Shang Tsung Deadly Alliance: Shang Tsung

On 1/25/2023 at 7:55 PM, leroypowell3 said:

I guess that explains whey you never had Mortal Kombat characters in you story.

That was definitely a big reason, but also I just don't think the majority of the Mortal Kombat cast mix well with the other games I was pulling from. I think a fighting game crossover with Mortal Kombat would instead include Killer Instinct, Darkstalkers, Eternal Champions, and maybe Bloody Roar.

4 hours ago, JohnnyChany said:

That was definitely a big reason, but also I just don't think the majority of the Mortal Kombat cast mix well with the other games I was pulling from. I think a fighting game crossover with Mortal Kombat would instead include Killer Instinct, Darkstalkers, Eternal Champions, and maybe Bloody Roar.

Yeah, those kinds of game are more on MKs level.

Another good set-up, Johnny. On the Mortal Kombat side of things, it almost seems to be part of the Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe game's storyline.

As for the match, since Kitana was looking for Dr. Fate, she was pretty lucky to stumble upon Dr. Strange instead. Given that, Strange shouldn't have too much trouble at the very least holding off an extra-empowered Shang Tsung long enough for Liu Kang to finish him off.