Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Match 18642 The Loonatics vs. Evil Warriors

broadwaybeyonder

Project: Rehab.  Case #3 Session #2

*Click here to see what happened in the Loonatics last Rehab match up. 

Match 18458 The Loonatics vs. Hexxus - CBUB Rated Matches - The Magnetic Ferret Message Boards

Zadavia stood at the table in the briefing room in Loonatics Tower.  She looked down on the metallic cylinder that housed the consciousness of Hexxus.  The pollution that had made up his body had been purified, and all that remained of the destructive being now resided in a prison the size of a pop bottle.  Zadavia had chosen a barren planet for the Loonatics to dispose of Hexxus, and ensure that he would never escape to wreak havoc again.  A shame that her team’s powers didn’t include punctuality. 

“Hello, sister.”  Zadavia spun around to see the ghostly image of a muscular, scowling man with purple hair and beard.  His one eye stared at her as the cybernetic implant narrowed it’s gaze. 

“Optimatus,” said Zadavia coldly.  She clenched her fists and summoned technicolor energy, ready to blast. 

“Now, now, sister,” sneered Optimatus.  “No need for you to exert yourself on my account.  You’ve already done more than enough, trapping me in the depths of space!” 

“It was your own doing, brother,” said Zadavia.  “Your mad scheme would have destroyed the Earth!”  Optimatus shrugged.  “A necessary step in by plan for universal domination.  And believe me, sister.  I have much more planned for you, the Earth, and your accursed Loonatics!” 

Zadavia looked over Optimatus’ transparent form.  “You must be burning through a great deal of power to project this image of yourself.  Even if you were to escape, the Loonatics will stop you.  And I will make certain that you won’t threaten the Earth again!” 

Optimatus chuckled, his image rippling.  “Brave words, Zadavia.  But who’s to say that I need to escape?  I’ve already found my own kind of freedom.  By projecting myself this way, I have been able to find new allies.  One’s that will crush your pathetic team for me.  Starting with you!” 

A blast of energy struck Zadavia in the back.  She cried out in pain and collapsed to the floor.  She looked up to see a women dressed in strange purple clothes smirking at her.  “So, this is your sister, Optimatus?  She’s even less impressive than you described.” 

“Just follow the plan, Evil-Lyn!” barked Optimatus.  “Confine her!  Quickly!”  Evil-Lyn raised her hands and cage of glowing purple light surrounded Zadavia.  She fired her technicolor light, but it was quickly absorbed by the cage.  “Don’t bother resisting, wretch!” said Evil-Lyn.  “Even now, that prison is draining you of your power, and transferring it to me!” 

“And while you are being rendered completely helpless,” said Optimatus.  “My new friends will take care of your Loonatics for good!” 

“Ehhh, don’t be so sure, doc!” 

Evil-Lyn and Optimatus turned to see the Loonatics had gotten out of the elevator and stood ready to attack.  “Why don’t you tell Miss Purple People Eater over there to let Zadavia go?” said Ace, readying the Strike Sword.  Evil-Lyn grinned wickedly and extended her arm to the darkened shadows of the briefing room.  “Oh, I’m afraid you furry fools will be much too busy to stop me!”  The darkness faded away to reveal six monstrous figures.  “What are your orders, Evil-Lyn?” intoned Tri-Klops. 

Evil-Lyn pointed at the heroes.  “Destroy the Loonatics!” 

OK:

The Evil Warriors: Tri-Klops, Trap Jaw, Beast Man, Mer-Man, Stinkor, and Scare Glow. 

Evil-Lyn will be draining Zadavia’s energy and will not be taking part in the battle. 

All are at full strength. 

Fight takes place in and around Loonatics Tower. 

Game On! 

Another good set-up, broadway. This arc is almost, kinda making me wish I knew when Loonatics Unleashed aired back in the day. :) 

As for the match, from what I've looked up on the Loonatics, this group of Evil Warriors may be a tough match for them. Still, if they have a bit of toon force along with their abilities, the Loonatics might just pull this one out. If Evli-Lyn weren't occupied with containing this Zadavia chick, though, the battle probably would tip the other way. 

• Like 1

Okay so I looked at the Loonitacs powers. They can win this. But... Scare Glow scares me. I don't think he was in the old 80's cartoon but in Revelations he was quite powerful with his horror psychic powers. They don't have a real answer for him beyond taking him out right away. 

The same problem with Stinkor. He had his best showings in the 2002 cartoon and can really incapacitate the Loonatics with his 'funk'. I think I saw Merman controlling water in the DC published comics like ten years ago.

It's for these factors I'm going to vote for the evil warriors.

• Like 1

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.50 - leroypowell3
4.00 - patrickthekid
4.70 - DSkillz
4.50 - Boratz
5.00 - StormChaser

FPA Calculation:
5 Total Votes cast
22.70 Total Combined Score
22.70 / 5 = 4.54 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
The Loonatics: 2
Evil Warriors: 3

THE BOTTOM LINE

Stinkor expelled a cloud of his odor into the room.  The Loonatics fell back and groaned in disgust.  “Sheesh,” muttered Danger Duck.  “Haven’t these guys ever heard of a bath?”

“Power through, guys!” shouted Ace.  “Slam!  Take the furball!” 

“Hm!  OK!” Slam grunted.  He went into a spin and charged toward Beast Man, only for Scare Glow to extend his hand.  “Let’s see what you fear, creature!”  A blast of green light shot from Scare Glow’s fingertips and struck into the heart of Slam’s tornado.  The wind faded away and Slam fell in a whimpering heap to the floor. 

“Stay away from him!” cried Lexi.  She fired a brain blast at the Warriors who ran for cover.  Rev raced to Slam’s side.  “Hey, buddy!  Snap out of it!” he chattered.  “We’re gonna need all the muscle we can GARGH!”  Beast Man clamped his fist around Rev’s throat and lifted him off his feet.  He growled in the road runner’s face.  “You talk to much, little bird.”  Beat Man hurled Rev towards the approaching Loonatics, knocking over Danger Duck before colliding with the wall. 

Trap Jaw raised his weaponized arm and converted it into a laser.  “You’d better give up, if ya know what’s good for ya!”  Tech activated his jet pack and launched himself above Trap Jaw.  “Impressive cybernetic weapon you have there!  Unfortunately, since magnetism happens to be one of my specialties…”   A green glow surrounded Trap Jaw and lifted him arm first into the air.  As much as the cyborg flailed, his laser arm was eventually jammed into the ceiling. 

“Nice chandelier there, Tech!” said Ace as he crossed blades with Tri-Klops.  “Your defeat is inevitable,” Tri-Klops intoned.  “Eh, don’t be so sure of that, doc!”

Ace fired his laser vision, only to have it blocked by Tri-Klops optic blast.  Lexi readied herself to fire another brain blast, only Mer-Man to strike her with the hilt of his sword.  Distracted, Ace turned to see Lexi go down.  “Lexi!  Ugh!”  Tri-Klops’ optic blast finally found it’s mark, and Ace fell, groaning in pain. 

Danger Duck looked nervously back and forth from Tech to the Warriors.  They had already managed to free Trap Jaw and were advancing on them.  “What’s the big idea here?  We’re the superheroes in this town!  We should be able to handle these weirdos!” 

“Just stay focused!” said Tech.  “I just need time to think of a ARGH!”  The combined power of Tri-Klops’ optic blast and Trap Jaw’s laser hit Tech square in the chest.  Danger Duck gulped as the Warriors surrounded him and the fallen Tech.  “Mother?” he whimpered.  Duck turned around straight into Stinkor, he sprayed a small puff of gas into his face.  Duck gasped for breath for a second, moaned, then fell unconscious. 

“Excellent!” laughed Optimatus.  “Your Warriors are perfect, Evil-Lyn!”  Evil-Lyn looked confident standing over the encaged Zadavia.  “And this is only the beginning!  Once I’ve finished draining Zadavia of her energy, I’ll be able to take over this backwards planet, and then Eternia itself!”  Optimatus’ image looked annoyed.  “What do you mean ‘you’ll’ take over?  Earth is mine to destroy!”  Evil-Lynn chuckled sinisterly.  “You poor fool!  You are trapped in your wrecked ship lightyears away!  I will soon be the ruler of two worlds!  And none will be able to stop me!” 

Seizing on Evil-Lynn’s distraction, Zadavia’s eyes began to glow.  She channeled an explosion of technicolor light that shattered Evil-Lynn’s prison.  The Warrior’s shielded their eyes and fell back as Zadavia hovered in front of them.  “The power you have taken is not yours to command, witch!” Zadavia said.  Energy shot out from Evil-Lynn, causing to fall to her knees and screaming in agony.  The light flowed back into Zadavia, who stared down at the cowed Warriors.  “Do any of you wish to threaten this world?” 

Weakly, Evil-Lynn pointed at a wall and summoned a portal.  “Retreat!  Return to Snake Mountain!  Now!”  Optimatus fumed as the Warriors hurried for the portal to escape.  “Traitors!  Cowards!  Come back here!”  But Evil-Lyn and her followers didn’t listen, and in an instant they had ran through the portal and disappeared.  Optimatus spun to face Zadavia.  “Well played, sister.  But I swear to you I shall return!  And when I do, I…!” 

“Enough!” boomed Zadavia.  A blast of light struck Optimatus’ image and caused it to disappear.  Zadavia dropped to a knee, and tried to catch her breath.  Optimatus’ words were not idle threats.  The Loonatics would need to be ready for anything. 

Danger Duck struggle to his feet groaning.  He looked around the wrecked briefing room then at Zadavia.  “Did… did we win?”  Zadavia rolled her eyes as Duck fell unconscious again. 

LOONATICS REHAB: SESSION #2: FAILED. 

PROJECT: REHAB CONTINUES. 

• Like 1