Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Helena Shaw vs. Lori Quaid
MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Contest Entry Nancy Drew vs. Ghostface

Mercenaryblade

Terror and mystery were in the air of the small California town of Woodsboro. There had been a double murder of two high school students, both had been gutted. It was not the first time tragedy had struck the town, but the sheer brutality of the act had rocked the town to the core. 

Nancy Drew was a girl that was drawn to mystery, a new student she had left behind her familiar haunts, and friends, and found herself suffering from a bit of culture shock. Woodsboro was far different than her hometown of River Heights Illinois. For one thing the weather was different, far warmer, but also the populace. 

Despite being the new girl Nancy had fallen into her old habits of solving mysteries, earlier in the year she had actually blown the lid off of a group of counterfeiters. The case had gained her some notoriety, while the local news had praised her as a hero, the sheriff’s department had sternly called her a meddler, and her classmates had labeled her a snitch. 

Nancy sighed as she moved through the halls of Woodsboro high, principal Himbry was making another of his far too cheerful announcements. Nancy rolled her eyes, despite the gruesome nature of the events she found herself intrigued. 

A murder. A murder very close to the anniversary of the infamous slaying a year prior. Nancy wasn’t living in Woodsboro at the time, but she had heard the tale. The closeness of the slayings dates struck a chord with the young sleuth, it had to be relevant. 

The thoughts stayed with the girl detective, and reaffirmed itself the next day when she heard the news. Sidney Prescott had been attacked in her own home by a man in a Halloween costume. Nancy didn’t fund it coincidence that Sidney was targetted, she was the daughter of Maureen Prescott; the woman who had been murdered last year. 

Nancy made her decision, she was going to talk with Sidney; even if the girl was a bit intense. As the young investigator trudged through the halls she scowled at students dressed in the same costume as the killer, running around and screaming. That was in poor taste. 

Nancy’s eyes lit up as she spotted Sidney having a heated discussion with her boyfriend. It ended with Sidney storming off, headed to the girl’s room. Nancy drew in her breath. It may not have been the ideal time, but she might not get another chance. 

“Sidney!” Nancy called as she jogged to catch up with the brunette girl. 

Sidney turned and fixed her with an intense stare. 

“What?” 

Nancy tried a disarming smile. “I just wanted to say I’m glad you’re safe. That must have been pretty scary.” 

Sidney huffed, “Yeah? Thanks.” 

“Might we talk a bit? Girl to girl?” 

Sidney frowned, “Why? We’re not friends.” 

Nancy cringed, “We’re not enemies either, right?” 

Sidney leaned against the wall and folded her arms, silently giving Nancy permission. 

The teen detective took in her breath, “I’m sorry to bring things up, but have you considered maybe this is connected to your mother’s murder?” 

Sidney’s eyes flashed, “Cotton’s in prison about to get executed.” 

Nancy frowned, “But are we sure he was the actual killer, or maybe someone connected to him might….” 

Sidney cut her off, “I think we’re done here. I’m the one that got him convicted, I’m pretty damn sure of things! How about you mind your own business?” 

Sidney stormed away and Nancy blinked.

Maybe she was right. Maybe she should mind her own business. But if there was one thing Nancy hated, it was an unsolved mystery. Things grew more intense as school was cancelled for the rest of the day. Sidney had been attacked again, this time in the girl’s restroom. 

“If only I had been there!” Nancy cursed to herself as she made her way home, a town wide curfew had been declared. All citizens were to be in their homes by nine. That was definitely going to make her investigation harder. 

Nancy settled onto the couch and turned the television on, it was time for NYPD Blue, one of her favorite shows. Her lawyer father wasn’t home yet, and Nancy was already pondering what to do for dinner when the phone rang. 

“Hello?” she asked.

A cold voice replied to her sending shivers down her spine. 

“Hello, Nancy.” 

The girl furrowed her brow. Did this caller know her? “May I ask who’s calling?” 

“Guess.” 

“I really don’t have time for this, just tell me your name.” 

The voice seemed amused, “Don’t you like mysteries?” 

Nancy twirled the phone cord around her finger. “Alright, I need more information then. Give me a clue.” 

“You’ve been looking for me.” The voice said calmly before shifting into a threatening tone. “But I’ve found you first you nosy bitch!”  

Nancy stood straight up; this couldn’t be happening! The murderer was calling her. Worse, he said he’d found her. There was a crash as a window shattered. Nancy gasped as she heard the sound of footsteps in her home. 

The killer had found her first, probably because of her reputation. If she wanted to solve this case she had to survive. 

19 minutes ago, Twogunkid said:

Don't see Nancy making it out of this one. I do like the phone call though.

Thanks, this set up was a bit of a rush job, but I tried my best. Took me a long time to figure out what characters to use

Good challenge entry, Merc.  It gives off the vibe of a horror story pretty well, and you've also captured the spirit of Nancy Drew.  :) 

As for the match, I'm a lot more familiar with Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys stories than Scream, so I'm not sure I have the best feel for Ghostface. From the bits I've seen of the films, though, Ghostface seems to bumble things around 1/2 as much as he(they?) make(s?) successful kills. IIRC, Nancy's not really the physical type like I think Sidney could be at times, but she's definitely smart, and if Ghostface bumbles around, she just might have a chance to survive. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Good challenge entry, Merc.  It gives off the vibe of a horror story pretty well, and you've also captured the spirit of Nancy Drew.  :) 

As for the match, I'm a lot more familiar with Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys stories than Scream, so I'm not sure I have the best feel for Ghostface. From the bits I've seen of the films, though, Ghostface seems to bumble things around 1/2 as much as he(they?) make(s?) successful kills. IIRC, Nancy's not really the physical type like I think Sidney could be at times, but she's definitely smart, and if Ghostface bumbles around, she just might have a chance to survive. 

Thanks DS! I'm glad I captured that essence. 

I'm going with the first Scream here, where Ghostface is actually two people. You are right though, they do get bashed around a lot in the film from getting hit by beer bottles, phone receivers, and doors.  

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.50 - DSkillz
4.30 - Twogunkid
4.80 - Boratz
5.00 - StormChaser
4.00 - broadwaybeyonder

FPA Calculation:
5 Total Votes cast
22.60 Total Combined Score
22.60 / 5 = 4.52 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE