Ken Masters: 6

Helena Shaw vs. Lori Quaid
MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Match 18577 Coldstone vs. Frankenstein

Boratz

Ending of Chapter I

The sinister creature threw one of his shurikens at the gargoyle. With a quick movement, Coldstone blew the shuriken out of the air with one of his blasts. He glared back to where the Creeper was originally standing, and saw that it was nowhere in sight. Coldstone looked in all directions as he steadily moved forward. He could hear movement in the air above. This foe was nefarious and armed with deadly weapons, but he has faced countless enemies in the past. As he moved closer to the vehicle that the Creeper had stood upon, he heard a shift in the air. The experienced warrior turned his head and saw the beast flying toward him. Coldstone leapt out of the way as the Creeper crashed into the vehicle. The sound of the crushing vehicle filled the night sky as the Creeper pushed himself off the wreckage.

The Creeper turned his dark eyes to face his adversary. He hissed while his sharp teeth reflected off the moonlight. Coldstone scowled as he glared upon the monster. The Creeper lifted an axe high over his head as he swung it through the air. Before the sharp head of the axe could reach the gargoyle, Coldstone broke through the axe's haft with ease. The skilled warrior kicked the Creeper back into the wreckage of the vehicle. Gasoline started to drip out of the fuel lines while the Creeper started to push himself off the ground once again. Coldstone unleashed another blast from his cannon. The blast knocked the demonic creature back into the vehicle and an explosion shook the world around. 

With the force of the explosion, Coldstone was knocked back against the ground. He quickly pushed himself to his feet and glared at what was left of the vehicle. The crackle of the fire could be heard from the house while the smoke started rising to the stars in the sky. Coldstone gazed over the debris and gritted his teeth as he saw the beast push himself out of the burning rubble. The Creeper growled as he leapt at the gargoyle with all of his fury. Coldstone jumped forward and both enemies collided with one another in midair. The strength of the mighty gargoyle overcame that of the Creeper. Coldstone slammed the monster against the ground. 

The gargoyle unleashed blow after blow against the Creeper's face and then threw the Creeper against the base of a tree. The Creeper's wings extended in an attempt to flee into the night, but Coldstone grabbed the Creeper before he could escape. A loud screech came from the winged beast as Coldstone threw the Creeper against ground. Coldstone stomped the demon's knee caps with his crushing feet. The beast cried out as it tried to crawl away from the gargoyle. Coldstone smashed his bone breaking fist against the Creeper's face. Coldstone then pounded the Creeper's head into the ground below. The gargoyle let out a rage filled roar as he unleashed blow after blow against this insidious foe.

The winged demon took out a dagger from his torn jacket. In attempt to slice through his enemy, the creature swung the blade through the air. Coldstone saw the sharp dagger with the corner of his eye. He grabbed the Creeper's arm that carried the dagger. With a snap, Coldstone broke the Creeper's arm like a twig. The Creeper cried out in pain as it struggled to move away from the powerful warrior. Coldstone glared at the beast and growled as it crawled across the ground. Coldstone glanced back at Des' house and then glared at the monster. 

The Creeper gritted its sharp teeth with a horrifying shriek. Coldstone unleashed the full extent of his cannon's firepower upon the Creeper. The grounds started to quake as a crater started to form in the Earth. He then heard a faint cry from behind. Coldstone glanced back and saw Des standing on the porch. There were tears running down her face while she watched in horror what had just taken place. Coldstone stepped back from the burning ashes. There was nothing left of the demon that had plagued humanity for so many years. The anger and rage that filled Coldstone's veins had started to subside. He glanced back at Des once and sighed. 

Chapter II - Identity Lost (Part 2 of 2)

With morning came the opportunity for a new beginning. Des spent the night crying in Coldstone's arms. She had reached out to family that lived in Mississippi and they were supposed to arrive mid-morning. Des assured the gargoyle that this family would be good to her. She saw the concern in his eyes and continued to try to reassure him that everything was going to be okay. She told him that he saved her and protected her from the evil that had come for her. The gargoyle reflected on his life before, all those centuries ago. He remembered the many battles that he had been a part of and the people that he helped protect. 

Des hugged the rugged warrior and Coldstone eventually embraced his young friend. Coldstone let out a sigh of a relief while he closed his eyes. It seemed as if Des gave him a purpose for his life once again. As Des went to leave with her new family, Coldstone watched from afar. Within his heart, Coldstone hoped that he would be able to see his friend again one day. Until then, he had a promise to fulfill. He was going to return to New York City and join Goliath's Clan. Coldstone was going to fight for people in need. While watching Des disappear in the distance, he could hear her last words to him. 

"I know who you are, Coldstone. You are my friend." The warm words of Des flowed through him.

Coldstone closed his eyes and he took a deep breath. He knew that he was built from the parts of multiple gargoyles and cybernetics. Since his awakening, he struggled with his identity. Now that he has found his purpose, he wanted to find his identity. He wanted to know who he was in this world that was far different than the one that he left behind. Before he was going to start his journey, he decided that it was time to say goodbye to his beloved.

Gazing down upon the site where Coldfire sacrificed her life, Coldstone could still feel the grief within him. He knew that the grief would never truly leave him, but perhaps he can honor her memory by continuing his journey. He had made a promise to Goliath that he would return once they had stopped his treacherous brother. With Coldsteel defeated, Coldstone would see that promise through. He closed his eyes and reflected on the life that he had before. While there was pain and heartache, he would always enjoy the good times that were had. In his battle to protect Des, he found a sense of purpose. He protected a friend from a devilish being that had tormented countless innocents for centuries. Coldstone became a friend and protector to the young Des. In turn, she rescued him from the pain that he had carried with him day and night. Coldstone gazed down upon the site where Coldfire had sacrificed herself in stopping Coldsteel. While he still very much grieved for his love, he found himself ready to continue on.

The path that was now set for Coldstone would be returning to Manhattan, so that he may join Goliath's Clan. Along his journey back, he hoped that perhaps he could find who he was in this ever-changing world. He flew high in the sky and over this strange land. While flying over the world and seeing the lands below, there was a sense of calm that came over Coldstone. The warrior knew that he was strange for not being fully gargoyle and not being fully machine. As he gazed over everything, he realized he was a strange creature in a strange world. The warrior thought it was funny when he thought about it that way. Deep down, he knew that this strange world would send another test his way before he returned to Goliath's Clan. He knew that this was a journey that would have him looking inside his heart.

On this fateful journey, the gargoyle was approaching a darkness ahead. A storm was looming in the distance and Coldstone felt it would be best to wait out this storm. He descended upon a quiet town that had braced itself for the storm that was preparing to arrive. The warrior searched for a shelter that would hide him from the outside world. While he developed a bond and friendship with Des, he knew that many humans would be frightened of him. As darkness from the raging storm descended upon the small town, Coldstone found what appeared to be a centuries old church. Judging from the shattered windows and the piles of dust, it seemed as if this church had been abandoned for quite some time. Coldstone closed his eyes and meditated while the storm press against the world around.

The pounding rains and the howling winds seemed overwhelming. In his life, Coldstone remembered much more devastating storms but this was one of the worst he had seen since his resurrection. While he waited for the storm to pass, he heard a faint noise from within the walls of this abounded church. The warrior's eyes slowly opened as he heard what appeared to be quiet footsteps. He let out a sigh while rising to his feet. Coldstone started walking through the halls of this church until he heard a whimpering sound. The warrior searched through the many dusty rooms until he came across a young child. The child fell on his rear at the sight of the massive cybernetic gargoyle. At first the young boy was panting but he quickly started gaining his composure. The boy was shivering in the cold dark room, and dripping with water from the storm.

"You are not afraid?" Coldstone hissed while looking over the young boy.

"You... You are a gargoyle. I've heard about you on the TV. Everyone at school has been talking about the gargoyles." The boy muttered while still shivering.

"I used to be." Coldstone replied.

"What does that mean that you used to be?" The boy asked with curiously.

"I do not know what I am anymore, but I see that you are cold. We will need to get you somewhere warm. What is your name?" Coldstone asked.

"Isaiah, my name is Isaiah." The boy responded while gazing up at the gargoyle. "You still look like one of the gargoyles that I saw on TV."

Coldstone shook his head while putting out his hand for Isaiah to follow him. "Where are your parents?"

The young boy followed the warrior through the old abandoned church. He felt a sense of protection with the gargoyle. "My dad died when I was a baby and my mom... My mom has not come home in several days. I've been looking for her."

A confused look fell over Coldstone's face. "Are there not others that are looking for your mother?" The gargoyle asked while leading the boy to a fireplace.

"No one has found her!" Isaiah exclaimed.

"We will get you warm and wait out the storm. We will find your mother when the storm passes." Coldstone responded.

"I heard the gargoyles are heroes!" The young Isaiah said with a smile.

"The gargoyles are protectors of their lands. They fight for those that typically cannot fight for themselves." Coldstone responded.

The two walked into a large room. The warrior had put some boards in the fireplace and shot a small laser at the dried wood. A small fire ignited and warmth started to fill the entire room.

"You sure seem like a gargoyle to me." The young Isaiah said while walking closer to the heat.

Coldstone smiled and spoke with his new friend. While the storm had weakened, he noticed his friend falling asleep. The gargoyle was going to watch over the young boy until he awoke. 

With the early morning sun, the boy yawned and stretched out his arms. Coldstone went out into the world to help search for Isaiah's mother. He took the young boy in his arms and flew high over the world. While flying, the young boy had said that her car was last spotted not far from there. Coldstone flew over the area and circled around it multiple times to see if he could find any signs of Isaiah's mother. There was something that caught the warrior's attention.

There was a cemetery close by and Coldstone felt as if he should search through it. As the gargoyle walked past the tombs and head stones, he found that there were some graves that appeared to have been disturbed. Coldstone felt it was unusual. He noticed that there were bodies missing from these disturbed graves and tombs. The warrior let out a sigh as he heard a faint noise from behind. Coldstone glanced back and saw Isaiah running toward him. 

"Why did you fly here? It's creepy here!" Isaiah exclaimed.

"Something is not right here, my little friend. I will continue my search for your mother." Coldstone replied. 

Dark clouds had formed overhead while Colstone continued his search. He instructed his young friend to take shelter while he searched for the boy's mother. 

Meanwhile,

At a nearby estate, a woman struggled with tears running down her cheeks. Her eyes were swollen from the nights of dried tears. She prayed and begged to be released, but her pleas were met with deaf ears. She was horrified by the beast that had taken her all those nights ago. Since that horrific night, she prayed that she would be able to see her son one last time. In horror, she watched as the wretched creature brought body after body of different deceased women. She believed that they were victims of this horrifying fiend. 

Through a dim light in this wet and moldy building, she could see glimpses of the monster. The creature appeared to have wrinkled skin that seemed as if it barely covered the blood vessels within its body. The monster appeared to have pale yellowish eyes that have experienced lifetimes of suffering. There were traces of black hair upon the creature's scalp that was missing patches on different spots of its head, and dark lips that went across its face. The monster had what appeared to be scars from stitches that were done centuries ago with different variations of skin and facial features.

At times, the massive creature mumbled under his breath. Isaiah's mom could not make out the words that were being said, but she tried to speak to it. She pleaded with the creature and spoke of her son. She begged that the creature would release her so that she can return home to her son. Despite the cries and the pleas, the creature continued to keep her restrained. In the mind of the monster, he felt as if he were close to being able to have what he always yearned for. After the death of his creator all those years ago in that frozen wasteland, the monster of Victor Frankenstein sought to find his identity in this world. He hated being alone and he despised the fact that his own creator loathed him. He wanted another in the world just like him so that he would not have to be alone. The monster of Frankenstein felt that if he created a female version of himself, he would finally know who he was in this world and he would no longer have to be cursed with loneliness.

After centuries of researching and studying his creator's work, the monster felt as if he found the key in creating a bride. He needed a live specimen to bring this bride to life. With the storms that had taken hold of this town, he knew that the time was near. The monster heard the cries and the pleas of the woman that he had taken. The monster remembered the words that he had spoken all those years ago, "I have love in me the likes in which you can scarcely imagine, and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other."

With the return of this raging storm, the monster spoke these words to the fearful mother. He then told Isaiah's mother, "For so long, I have indulged the rage. I have been alone without love since my creation. My identity has been that of my rage. No longer will I be alone. My indulgence will be in the love that I have and share with my bride to be. You are the sacrifice that will spark the life in my bride. I am terribly sorry for the life that I will take from you but thank you for the life that you are giving me." Isaiah's mom screamed as she heard these words. She felt her hope draining away as the monster prepared to create his bride.

She screamed in horror...

With the chaotic storm overhead, Isaiah knew he could not wait for Coldstone's return. He braved the storm and ran through the pouring rain. There were stories of a haunted mansion that was told by many in the town. He thought that perhaps there was chance that his mom might be there. He could rescue her from whatever it was that had taken her. 

The door squeaked as he squeezed through. There was a strong smell in the air that was almost overwhelming for the young boy. He steadily walked through the hallways calling out for his mother. Water dripped off him while he searched the many room. With the thunder and lightning of the raging storm, the boy started to tremble. The further he went, the smell grew worse. His legs shook for fear of what he may find. He then heard the cries of his mother. There was a spark of courage that shot through the boy. Isaiah ran up the dust covered steps that led to the highest tower of this mansion. With all of his courage, he ran through the door and found himself in a nightmare.

The fiend that was created so many years ago by Victor Frankenstein quickly scooped the boy from the ground. He locked the child in an iron cage. 

"I cannot have any interference with my bride to come!" The monster roared with rage. 

While the monster prepared for the final stage to bring his bride to life, something else had entered this mansion. The gargoyle heard the screams of Isaiah and his mother. He entered the room and stood before the beast.

"This is of no concern to you, demon!" The Monster of Frankenstein shouted.

"Let the boy and his mother go!" Coldstone commanded.

"I need her heart! She will bring life to my bride! Without a bride, I am nothing more than an abomination in this world!" The creature roared.

Coldstone gazed upon the fiend. He could see that this beast was neither man nor fully monster. He was constructed through science and alchemy. There was a tragedy in this being that Coldstone felt that he could relate to. The warrior sighed as he stepped closer toward the creature.

"You do not have to be a monster. This will not make you complete." Coldstone pleaded.

"You know nothing, demon! You are nothing more than an abomination!" The Frankenstein monster shouted as he picked up an axe.

Coldstone glanced at Isaiah and then turned his attention back to Frankenstein's monster. Coldstone remembered his own bride and the love that they had. He felt a peace within as he realized, "I am not an abomination... I AM A GARGOYLE!"

Another great set-up, Boratz. You're coming with the Halloween-themed stories lately. :) Hopefully, you'll be able to put something together for this month's Challenge. 

You're definitely capturing the mindset of Coldstone here and how it mirrors that of Frankenstein's Monster. As for the match, at eight feet tall, the Monster has the size advantage. He's also smarter than he seems. I think Coldstone has every other advantage, though, with his gargoyle and cybernetic build and weaponry. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Another great set-up, Boratz. You're coming with the Halloween-themed stories lately. :) Hopefully, you'll be able to put something together for this month's Challenge. 

You're definitely capturing the mindset of Coldstone here and how it mirrors that of Frankenstein's Monster. As for the match, at eight feet tall, the Monster has the size advantage. He's also smarter than he seems. I think Coldstone has every other advantage, though, with his gargoyle and cybernetic build and weaponry. 

Thanks DS, I appreciate that!

While I do have an idea for the Challenge, I really do not have much of a desire to put out an entry for it. I'm more interested in seeing what other people come up with and write 

18 minutes ago, leroypowell3 said:

I've been wanting to use Coldstone but never found way to work him in. Glad you got him some play. He wins this one just like the last one but it's still a good matchup especially by such a good writer.

Thank you so much, leroy! That is very encouraging!

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.80 - DSkillz
5.00 - StormChaser
4.70 - leroypowell3

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
14.50 Total Combined Score
14.50 / 3 = 4.83 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Coldstone: 5
Frankenstein's Monster: 0

3 minutes ago, Boratz said:

I thought Frankenstein would have at least got a vote or 2 with how well known he was

Eh, everyone probably thinks of him like the other popular version, the Abbott and Costello, Herman Munster type.

Solely based on the books though, Frankenstein could probably give Coldstone a somewhat decent fight.

52 minutes ago, Z451 said:

Eh, everyone probably thinks of him like the other popular version, the Abbott and Costello, Herman Munster type.

Solely based on the books though, Frankenstein could probably give Coldstone a somewhat decent fight.

That is true and I tried to get closer to the book version of the character