Maui (Moana): 4
Skar King: 1

Rumble 20547 UNSC Pillar Of Autumn vs. Re Verse vs. Lotta Litter
MATCH SCORE
UNSC Pillar Of Autumn: 1
Re Verse: 3
Lotta Litter: 0

Match 18563 Michael Jordan vs. LeBron James

*THE FOLLOWING BROADCAST IS BEING PRESENTED BY THE TRANSDIMENSIONAL COMBAT COMMISSION THROUGH THE BENEVOLENCE OF THE 9.  ALL COMBATANTS MUST AGREE TO FOLLOW TCC GUIDELINES AT ALL TIMES.  VIOLATION OF GUIDELINES WILL RESULT IN PUNISHMENT, DEATH, AND SUSPENSION.  SAFETY OF ATENDEES IS NOT GUARANTEED.* 

Ernie Johnson: Hello, everyone!  From Studio J presented by the TCC, welcome to Inside the NBA.  Ernie Johnson, alongside Shaq, Kenny, and Charles as we prepare to answer a question that for years now has only resulted in constant internet debate. 

Charles Barkley: What?  Shaq’s acting career? 

Shaquille O’Neal: Don’t start, Chuck. 

Ernie Johnson: I’m referring of course to the question of who is the GOAT of basketball: Michael Jordan or LeBron James?  From players to fans to pundits everyone seems to have an opinion, but it seemed we would never have an answer of who would win head-to-head.  Tonight, Kenny, we’re getting that answer with the assistance of the TCC. 

Kenny Smith: Yeah, Ernie, it’s crazy to think that we are finally going to see two of the best ever, in their primes, playing 1 on 1.  Though there has been some controversy going into this, people talking about how this TCC only set up the game because of bad press they got from recent bad business decisions.  But I think the fans are going to see a show tonight and it’s gonna be worth it. 

Ernie Johnson: Yes, and we’d like to welcome any TCC fans who are watching us for the first time tonight. 

Charles Barkley: Yeah, shout out to all you geeks out there. 

Kenny Smith: Oh, come on, Chuck!  Why you have to do them like that? 

Charles Barkley: Like what? 

Ernie Johnson: Calling the viewers geeks? 

Charles Barkley: Cuz they are!  What would you call a bunch of people watching some French girl dressed up like a bumblebee? 

Kenny Smith: Oh my God. 

Ernie Johnson: Before you dig yourself too deep again, Charles, you should know that there is another TCC licensed fighter in the studio right now. 

Charles Barkley: Well, it isn’t you, you never fought nobody. 

Shaquille O’Neal: It’s me, bum! 

Charles Barkley: You?! 

Kenny Smith: That’s right.  That acting career coming through! 

Charles Barkley: You fighting against Power Rangers and Wonder Woman? 

Ernie Johnson: Just who have you fought, Shaq? 

Shaquille O’Neal: Nobody yet, they’re all scared of me. 

Kenny Smith: Oh, of course they are. 

Charles Barkley: You’ve got to be kidding!  Why is Mr. Sensitive in this thing? 

Ernie Johnson: One of those ‘geeks’ you were talking about nominated him. 

Charles Barkley: Seriously? 

Kenny Smith: Yeah, Chuck, you need to be nicer to those guys. 

Charles Barkley: Hey!  One of you nice geeks nominate me!  I’ll get in that TCC and whoop Shaq’s…

Ernie Johnson: Anyway, Kenny, how about you go to the board and go over the rules for this game? 

Kenny Smith: Sure thing.  We’ve already said that the TCC has selected Michael and LeBron in their primes.  This is a full-length game, four 15-minute quarters with 7 timeouts per half.  Another difference is how the game will be officiated.  One of the big points people keep bringing up is how fouls are called nowadays compared to Jordan’s era.  For this game, the first quarter will be called under modern NBA rules, and the second quarter will be called under 90s NBA rules.  So, expect a lot of physicality there.  But in the second half, this is where it could get crazy.  Because for the second half, the foul calling and rules will be dependent on whoever is in the lead at the time.  So, if Michael is leading LeBron, the game will be called by 90s rules and vice versa. 

Shaquille O’Neal: You get all that, Chuck?  What you on your phone for? 

Charles Barkley: I’m trying to get this guy to nominate me!  He won’t until I apologize for insulting Chloe… Bougie? 

Kenny Smith: I think it’s Bourgeois. 

Ernie Johnson: Real quick, fellas, who you got for this game? 

Kenny Smith: Gotta go with Michael.  With these rules he could run away with this. 

Shaquille O’Neal: Kenny, you were saying it could get physical.  LeBron has the size advantage, and he has something to prove.  He’s been having to deal with people comparing him to Jordan all his life.  I think he powers through, and LeBron takes it. 

Ernie Johnson: And what do you say, Chuck? 

Shaquille O’Neal: He’s saying nothing! This dummy is too busy trying to apologize to get in the TCC. 

Charles Barkley: Oh, I’ll be there.  And when I do you better watch your back, that’s all I’m saying. 

Ernie Johnson: Well, it’s just about time for the tip off!  Let’s send it to Madison Square Garden and Kevin Harlan to call the action!  Kevin? 

Kevin Harlan: Thanks, Ernie, thanks, guys, and welcome to MSG, ladies and gentlemen!  The crowd is buzzing with anticipation.  Jordan and James have been warming up and are now we are ready to begin.  Both men are at center court!  Bruce Buffer with the introductions. 

Bruce Buffer: Ladies and gentlemen!  Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiits TIME! 

To my left, representing the Cleveland Cavaliers, from St. Vincent-St. Mary High School and Akron, Ohio, number 23: LeBROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMES! 

And to my right, representing the Chicago Bulls, from North Carolina, at guard, 6’6”: MichAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEL JOOOOOOOOOOOORDAAAAAAAAAAN! 

Kevin Harlan: We are about to witness history, ladies and gentlemen!  The two men nod at each other and the official moves in between them with the ball.  They crouch down, ready for the tip off.  The ball is in the air!  We are underway! 

OK:

Jordan and James are both in their primes. 

Full length game with 7 timeouts per half. 

1st quarter: modern NBA rules. 

2nd quarter: 90s NBA rules. 

2nd half: Whoever is in the lead determines which set of rules will be applied. 

Game On! 

• Haha 1

Oh wow, the question that seems to be the biggest one in basketball sports world! Nicely done and awesome match up. I'm not into sports all that much. I like MJ because of Space Jam and his commercials. I don't know much about LeBron and still haven't gotten around to watching the new space jam

• Like 1

I was hoping this would be a legit basketball game match. You guys trying to promote the site on other mediums make sure this one shown.

LeBron is bigger so assumedly stronger. Jordan has that killer instinct and refuse to lose mentality.  I think Jordan wins this because of his winner mindset. Especially against such a strong opponent.

• Like 1

Very nice, broadway. and I'm not just saying that because MJ and 'Bron are my adds. :D You've got the Inside the NBA crew very in-character. An essentially regulation-length game for the two, though? A game or two of 21 and/or Horse would probably do here. 

As for the match, the debate has been there for some years now. I'm not a big follower of analytics, but the plus/minuses of both players are very close. James has the edge in about every individual career stat but steals, while Jordan has more accolades and a much better NBA Finals record.

Their vertical leaps are about even; LeBron has the edge in size and strength, while Michael was quicker and (surprise!) actually had more moves in the post; 'Bron has the better 3-point shot while Jordan had the superior jumper within the arc; Jordan has bigger hands than LeBron (!) and therefore could pull off more acrobatic moves, but LeBron might have better handles; Jordan was the better defender and thief, but again, James has size on him to bump him around and get more blocks ...

Etc. etc. I could go on. 

This might be an even closer match-up than Jordan vs. Kobe, but what this might ultimately determine this is competitive spirit and killer instinct, and to that I'd give MJ the slight edge. In the end, 'Bron's size may start to wear on Jordan, but MJ's competitive edge and slightly-more diverse moveset would probably win this in a very close game.  

• Like 1

I'm going with Jordan here!

Sometimes I dream, that he is me! You've got to see that's how I dream to be! Bum bum bum ba dum! I dream I move, I dream I groove, like Mike! If I could be like Mike!

• Like 1

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - StormChaser
5.00 - patrickthekid
4.80 - DSkillz
4.30 - Boratz

FPA Calculation:
4 Total Votes cast
19.10 Total Combined Score
19.10 / 4 = 4.78 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Michael Jordan: 4
LeBron James: 0

On 10/6/2022 at 1:15 PM, Callisto said:

MATCH SCORE
Michael Jordan: 4
LeBron James: 0

Huh, no votes for King James? As hotly debated as who is basketball's G.O.A.T. has been the past few years, I would've thought that LeBron would've gotten at least a vote or two here. 

Aw well, at least plenty might've been given for inspiration on the recap.

• Like 1

THE BOTTOM LINE

Ernie Johnson: Hello, everyone, and welcome back to our post game coverage of Michael Jordan vs LeBron James, presented by the Transdimensional Combat Commission.  It’s a rare thing for Shaq, Chuck, Kenny, and myself to agree on something, but, fellas, I think we can all agree that we’ve witnessed history.  MJ stands victorious in his one-on-one match up with King James.  

Shaquille O’Neal: I don’t want to take anything away from LeBron, he stayed with Michael for the whole first half.  He was able to handle the physicality of the 90s rules in 2nd quarter.  It was 30-27 Michael, and LeBron was right there. 

Kenny Smith: Yeah, Shaq, but Mike had more in the tank.  In that 3rd quarter, Michael started to play even more aggressive, while LeBron started to lose steam.  He managed to rally in the 4th, but by that point it was too little too late.  And Jordan wins over James by a score of 75 to 66. 

Ernie Johnson: How about you, Chuckster?  Any thoughts? 

Shaquille O’Neal: Why you asking him if he has any thoughts?  How can you have thoughts if you don’t think? 

Charles Barkley: Okay, take it easy, Karen.  It was a great game.   But I bet that LeBron can still beat Michael if it wasn’t for these overcomplicated rules.  Seriously, what’s with these TLC guys? 

Kenny Smith: TCC, Chuck.  Not TLC. 

Charles Barkley: Whatever!  Any group of people that let’s Mr. Sensitive over here in as a fighter, doesn’t have a clue what they’re doing! 

Miss America: Are you speaking against the Nine? 

Kenny Smith: Uh oh. 

Ernie Johnson: Err, ladies and gentlemen, we are joined in the studio by the TCC’s… um, representative, Miss America. 

Miss America: Answer the question.  Are you speaking against the Nine? 

Charles Barkley: You better believe I am!  What kind of idiots come up with rules like this for a game between two all time great basketball players?! 

Kenny Smith: Um, Chuck, you better calm it down a little. 

Charles Barkley: Aw quiet, Kenny!  And you, Miss America?  What state are you from?  Texas?  Cuz you look like some of these San Antonio women, and they’rrrrrrrrrrrr….

Ernie Johnson: Uh… ladies and gentlemen, Charles Barkley has seemingly been encased in ice by Miss America.  

Miss America: Are any of you speaking against the Nine? 

Kenny Smith: Oh no!  Not at all! 

Shaquille O’Neal: Chuck’s never looked better! 

Ernie Johnson: I think that about wraps it up for us, folks.  Be sure to stay tuned for more TCC action, brought to you by the Nine.  For Shaq, Kenny, Chuck, and Miss America, this is Ernie Johnson saying good night. 

Shaquille O’Neal: If Chuck doesn’t thaw out, can I have his dressing room? 

• Haha 1