Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Helena Shaw vs. Lori Quaid
MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Match 18519 Jane Porter vs. Dalmatian Puppies

broadwaybeyonder

*This match up will be featuring a plot device I used in Snow White vs Cinderella.  If you want to see that, click here!  Match 16928 Snow White vs. Cinderella - CBUB Rated Matches - The Electric Ferret Message Boards If you want to see what’s in store, read on!* 

Once upon a time, the wielders of magic looked across the expanse of time and space between their kingdoms.  They were Yen Sid, Merlin, the Genies, the Fairies, and the other great magicians, wizards, and witches.  By combing their powers, they set about establishing several smaller realms between the kingdoms.  They were a collection of castles and lands that would allow people from different kingdoms to gather and explore together.  One castle in particular became known as the retreat for the princesses, a place where could get away from the stress of ruling their kingdoms.  For many years, the princesses would come to relax and enjoy their fellowship, and all was well.  Until one day… 

Jane Porter peeked her head through the entrance to the castle.  She looked around at the tapestries that hung along the walls and the grand stairway that led to the upper floors.  The grand hall appeared to be deserted. 

“Hello?  Anybody here?”  Jane’s voice echoed back to her as she walked in and closed the oak door behind her.  She took a few tentative steps across the marble floor, turning around to gaze up at the stain glass windows above her.  The way the light reflected against them reminded her of the way the sun illuminated the foliage of the jungle that she had made her home with Tarzan. 

“Why hello, Jane!”  The sudden voice interrupting her thoughts caused Jane to jump slightly.  She gave a nervous laugh as she turned to see Cinderella, accompanied by two adult Dalmatians.  “Oh!  Hello there!  I mean, um, greetings, your majesty.  Your highness?”  Cinderella chuckled and shook her head.  “It’s alright, Jane.   You don’t have to stand on ceremony with me.  You can call me by name.”  Jane adjusted her gown and brushed away a strand of hair from her face.  “Right.  Of course.  Sorry, your highness…  I mean, Cinderella.  I was grateful for the invitation, I guess I just feel a little out of sorts here.  I don’t have much experience with um…” 

“Royalty?” Cinderella asked.  Jane sighed and nodded.  Cinderella offered her hand to Jane and she accepted.  “Now, don’t you worry about that.  Everyone is welcome here in the castle.  I’m sure the others will be very happy to meet you!”  Jane looked around the empty hall.  “About that, where um, are the others?” 

“Oh, they’re out and about,” Cinderella explained.  “Ariel, Belle, and Jasmine went down to the seashore, Merida and Rapunzel are exploring the forest, and Raya was taking Mulan and Moana on a tour of Kumandra.”  The male Dalmatian gave a friendly sounding bark.  Cinderella looked down and grinned.  “That’s right!  Pardon me.  There is someone here who wants to say hello.  Jane Porter, this is Pongo and Perdita.  Pongo and Perdita, this is Jane.”  The two dogs both bowed their heads and barked softly.  Jane raised her hand awkwardly and waved.  “Hello.  I’m sorry, I’m better at speaking gorilla than dog.”  Pongo and Perdita yipped and gently nuzzled Jane’s hand.  “Don’t worry,” smiled Cinderella.  “They understand people just fine.”  Jane gently petted Pongo and Perdita’s heads as Cinderella went on.  “Their humans, Roger and Anita are having a holiday in the country, and they allowed Pongo, Perdita, and their puppies to visit us for the afternoon.  Pongo and Perdita wanted to explore the grounds, so we were looking for some people to keep an eye on the puppies.  I would stay myself, but Charming is taking me for a ride before he goes to Arendelle for the week, and…” 

“Well, how about me?” asked Jane.  She knelt down in front of Pongo and Perdita.  “I love animals, especially dogs.  I’d take good care of them.  I promise.”  Pongo shared a look with Perdita.  They gave a questioning whine to Cinderella.  “What is it?” asked Jane.  “Did I say something wrong?” 

“Not at all, Jane,” assured Cinderella.  “They appreciate you offering to help them, but… this is a rather big job for just one person.  You see…” 

There was a sudden crash from down the hall.  Pongo and Perdita’s ears perked up and they bolted towards the noise, Cinderella and Jane hurrying to keep up.  Pongo stopped at an ornate, white door and pawed at the doorknob.  There was the sound of excited barking on the other side.  “What’s going on in there?”  asked Jane.  Cinderella stepped to the door and opened it, revealing the pandemonium inside. 

It was a drawing room filled to the brim with small, Dalmatian puppies.  They were jumping on furniture, climbing up posed suits of armor, and wrestling each other on the floor.  A couple yipped angrily at each other over the remains of what was a porcelain vase.  Pongo gave a loud bark, and gradually all the puppies fell quiet.  They sheepishly gathered on the floor in front of their parents.  Jane looked dumbfounded at the sight.  “Just... how many of them are there?” 

“99,” replied Cinderella.  Jane looked openmouthed at Pongo and Perdita as they woofed and growled to restore order to their children.  “And I thought gorillas had large families.”  Cinderella patted Jane on the shoulder.  “You understand what I meant now, Jane.  It’s too much to ask of one person to look after all of these little ones.  We’ll find some others to take care of them.” 

“But you said yourself everyone else is out,” said Jane.  “I know can do it.  Please?  I want to help.”  Cinderella sighed and looked to Pongo and Perdita.  “Well?  What do you two think?”  Perdita gazed up at Jane then nodded to Pongo who barked at Cinderella.  She turned back to Jane.  “They say if you are sure that you are up for it, they would be grateful for your help.”  Pongo lifted up a paw to Jane, who accepted and shook it.  “Sure I’m sure.  Don’t you worry.  Everything will be just fine.  The little dears and I will have a wonderful time.  Now you two enjoy your afternoon.  And you, Cinderella, better get going.  Wouldn’t want to keep the prince waiting.”  Cinderella, Pongo, and Perdita headed for the door as Cinderella gave some last-minute instructions.  “Cook is preparing their meals.  Give them a chance to play but not too long before lunch.  Wouldn’t want to spoil their supper.  Pongo and Perdita will be back at half past 6 to get them back to London.” 

“Got it!” Jane saluted.  “Have fun!  See you at half past 6!”  She closed the door behind her only to hear the sound of another vase smashing to the floor.  Jane leaned against the doorframe as the puppies started barking and playing again.  “Right.  This may be trickier than I thought.” 

OK:

Jane has been entrusted with the 99 Dalmatian puppies for the afternoon.  She needs to keep them under control, and all accounted for until Pongo and Perdita come back. 

If she fails to keep the puppies in line and behaving themselves, the puppies win. 

Game On! 

I like the match up and it was definitely entertaining

I'm thinking the pups have this one. Just because Jane has experience in the forest with those different types of animals. Puppies, especially younger ones and with 99 of them would be hard for anyone to manage alone. 

• Like 1

Another good set-up, broadway, and good debut for the Dalmatian Puppies. The Puppies are another case of a profile I added without actually watching the film the subject matter is from, but I think I've seen enough trailers from both the animated and live action films to get the gist of what they're about. 

I've seen enough of Tarzan to know about Jane, too (as well as played KH I), so I think Jane will give this a pretty good try with her experience with animals. I seriously doubt she'd be able to control 99 pups, though, and the recap would be all the better for it.

• Like 1

I'm gonna go with Jane considering that she's had to deal with someone like Tarzan and get him to be at least a little bit caught up to date with whatever was going on in the world, plus she's dealt with animals in the jungle-- so domesticated dogs shouldn't be too much of an issue with her in terms of keeping well behaved.

• Like 1

I am always a fan of the creativity in your matches, and this is no exception. In classic Disney fashion, I believe Jane will struggle initially and have some family friendly pratfalls before devising a clever way to get the puppies on her side and behaved just in time before Pongo and Perdita return.

• Like 1

THE BOTTOM LINE

Cinderella peeked inside the room where Ariel, Belle, and Jasmine sat chatting with each other.  They still had the umbrella and beach towels they had from their outing.  “Hello, everyone!” said Cinderella.  “Did you all have a nice time?” 

“Oh, the seashore was beautiful today!” said Belle.  “You should have come with us, Cindy.  It was so much fun!”  Jasmine gave a side eye look to Ariel.  “Apart from someone forgetting she still had her fins on when she challenged us to a race to the shore.”  Ariel gave a wide eyed, innocent look.  “I meant to change them back to my legs.  It just slipped my mind, honest.” 

“Sure you did,” Jasmine smirked.  “Just promise that the next time we have a swimming race, no fins.”  Ariel grinned cheekily.  “Not even at the fin-ish line?”  Belle gave a good-natured groan and Ariel ducked as Jasmine tossed a towel at her.  Cinderella smiled and shook her head.  “Have any of you seen Jane?  I’ve wanted to check to see how she was doing.” 

“We came straight here to get changed, and we didn’t see her,” said Jasmine.  “Why?  Is she alright?” 

“I hope so.  She offered to look after Pongo and Perdita’s puppies, and I was worried that…”  Cinderella stopped herself when she noticed Belle staring at the pile of towels.  “Belle?  What is it?” 

“I don’t know.  Is… is there something under those towels?”  The princesses looked on in surprise as the pile began to move, as if something underneath was trying to poke out.  Jasmine slowly walked towards the pile.  “Maybe it’s just a crab from the beach.” 

“I don’t remember seeing crabs that big,” said Ariel quietly.  Jasmine grabbed the edge of a towel, and swiftly pulled it aside to reveal a small Dalmatian puppy with a black patch of fur over one eye.  The pup whined softly as Belle picked him up.  “Aww, hello there, little one,” she chuckled.  “Did you want to go to the seashore too?” 

The door to room swung open and Jane burst in.  Her hair was disheveled, and her yellow dress was covered with paw marks.  She hurriedly tried to pull herself together once she saw the princesses.  “Oh!  Pardon me, your majesties!  Er, your highnesses!  I mean, um hello.  Heh.  Have any of you seen a little Dalmatian with a red collar and…”  Belle offered the puppy to Jane, who gave a sigh of relief as she took him into her arms.  “Now, Patch, I know I don’t understand your barking but I know you understand me!  You can’t be wandering around the castle like that!  Now come along, it’s about time for your nap.”  Jane hurried towards the door, but paused to look over her shoulder at the princesses.  “Sorry to interrupt, everyone!  Don’t worry!  Everything is under control!”  Jane closed the door behind her and Ariel laughed.  “Well, that’s good to hear.” 

Cinderella headed for the door.  “Come on.  Jane looks like she could use some help.”  The princesses followed after Jane.  As they drew closer to the room where Cinderella had left her, they could see the puppies milling around the halls, barking and chasing each other.  In the room Jane was frantically moving from one gathering of Dalmatians to another: offering food, breaking up rough housing, and plucking them from off of shelves.  Cinderella and the others watched as Jane struggled to attach a leash on a fussy girl Dalmatian.  “Umm, Jane?” asked Cinderella.  “Could you use a hand?”  Jane looked up at the princesses.  “Oh no!  Not at all!  The dears and I are having a wonderful time!  I have everything under control!”  There was a creaking of metal as a puppy began to slide off the helmet of a suit of armor.  Jane gasped and dived down to catch the puppy.  The puppy licked Jane’s nose as she looked sheepishly up at the princesses.  “But a little help would be nice.” 

The princesses helped Jane up as Cinderella placed the Dalmatian she caught on the couch.  “You shouldn’t have to do this on your own, Jane.  Tell us what we can do.”  Jane took a deep breath then nodded.  She pointed at a group of puppies who had their leashes on.  “Well… I was about to take some of them on a walk around the courtyard.”  Cinderella picked up the leashes and handed them to Ariel.  “Alright then.  Ariel, you can take them on their walk.”  Ariel looked hesitantly at the Dalmatians.  “It might take a while.” 

“Maybe you’ll get it done faster if you used your fins,” snarked Jasmine. 

“Ha ha,” Ariel said humorlessly as she led the Dalmatians out of the room.    “I suppose I need someone to help me play with them here so they don’t go wandering around the castle,” Jane went on. 

“I volunteer for that job!” said Belle.  “I love dogs!” 

“And someone should probably start getting all these food and water bowls back to the kitchen.” 

Jasmine sighed and glanced at Cinderella.  “I guess that’s us?” 

“Come on,” Cinderella said as she started picking up bowls.  “There’s only a few more hours before Pongo and Perdita get back!” 

When the clock reached half past 6, Pongo and Perdita entered the room to find all of their puppies accounted for.  They all barked and yipped excitedly to their parents as the princesses and Jane looked on, tired but happy.  “They’re saying that you did a fantastic job looking after them,” Cinderella translated for Jane.  “Oh, I couldn’t have done it without you, your maje… Er, sorry.  Cindy.”  Pongo and Perdita walked over to the women and barked to Cinderella.  “They say thank you for doing such a good job looking after their puppies,” said Cinderella.  “And thank you for letting me take care of them,” said Jane.  Pongo gave another series of short barks, and Cinderella looked surprised.  “Oh!  I see.” 

“What?  What is it?” asked Jane.  Cinderella bit her lip as she explained.  “Well, Pongo says that since you did such a good job, that he was wondering if you could look after the puppies the next time they come visit the castle.”  Jane looked stunned for a moment, gave a short, nervous laugh, then fainted on the couch, puppies leaping out of the way.  Pongo and Perdita looked confused as the princesses looked to Jane and Cinderella grinned.  “Then again, maybe not.” 

• Like 2