Rumble 20546 Killjoy vs. The Leprechaun
MATCH SCORE
Killjoy: 2
The Leprechaun: 0

Rumble 20545 Team Fortress 2 vs. Inhumanoids
MATCH SCORE
Team Fortress 2: 0
Inhumanoids: 3

Match 18073 Sophitia Alexandra vs. Rachel (Ninja Gaiden)

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART 187

Soulcalibur-VI_2017_12-08-17_014.jpg.9897aa100230774f71274316e8ee1b6a.jpg

Ryu Hayabusa, Yoshimitsu, Sophitia Alexandra, and Seong Mi-Na stood around the reawakened Soul Edge sword not sure of their next move. (REF: MOMIJI VS. ZASALAMEL)

“Obviously we can no longer carry it around safely,” Yoshimitsu remarked as he reflected upon the sad fate of his former apprentice.

Seong Mi-Na was confused. “We just leave it here?”

“At the moment we don’t have much of a choice,” Sophitia answered.

Ryu Hayabusa suddenly grabbed his forehead. “What are these whispers in my head?”

“It is Soul Edge trying to lure you in,” Sophitia explained. She then regarded his Dragon Sword. “Do you have an affinity for cursed weapons, Ryu Hayabusa?”

“Only when they are necessary to wipe out evil,” Ryu responded. He then grabbed his head again. “You all hear this as well?”

“Yes,” answered Seong Mi-Na. “Although we have the advantage of building up a resistance to it over many, many….many years.”

“Although it has been fully restored it is not too late to weaken the sword while it still does not have a host,” said Yoshimitsu.

Sophitia nodded her head. “Agreed.”

“So what do we do?” asked Seong Mi-Na.

“What we were already doing, cutting off its power supply,” stated Yoshimitsu. “If we can do that before a new Nightmare is chosen and created we should be able to make it docile again.”

“We should go after the strongest threat first, to make the biggest impact,” Ryu suggested.

“I am inline with your way of thinking,” said Yoshimitsu. “May I suggest that you be the one to take on the threat. You and your allies have proven to be stronger fighters than our coalition (REF: CHIZURU KAGURA VS. KAZUMI MISHIMA), but you are also the most susceptible to Soul Edge in its current form. I believe our best course of action is for us to guard the sword while you destroy the evil that has brought it new life.”

Ryu Hayabusa did not immediately respond.

“You have already sent your friends to achieve these goals (REF: GUY VS. RYO SAKAZAKI), and it is clear they will need your help,” Yoshimitsu added.

Although Ryu had previously defeated Yoshimitsu in battle for the right to guard Soul Edge (REF: YOSHIMITSU VS. RYU HAYABUSA), he could not find any fault with the peculiar swordsman’s logic.

“Very well. I will do what needs to be done.” Ryu addressed Yoshimitsu specifically “Who do you believe is the biggest threat to be the next Nightmare?”

“Jin Kazama,” Yoshimitsu answered without hesitation.

The choice caught Ryu slightly off guard. “You truly believe he is a greater risk than his father or his grandfather?”

“He is not as twisted as the other two, however he is the strongest of the three,” answered Yoshimitsu. “There is goodness inside Jin, but he struggles with the darkness inside of him handed down by his lineage. I very much doubt he will win the struggle once you add in Soul Edge’s influence. A Jin Kazama corrupted by Soul Edge is the scariest outcome I can imagine.” The other warriors listened intently as Yoshimitsu continued. “There are other formidable villains out there like M. Bison and Shadoloo, Victor Donovan and MIST,  but I have never seen Jin lose. So to me, that makes him the most frightening prospect.”

“I will ensure that he does not make it to the sword,” Ryu Hayabusa promised. 

“I know Sogetsu and Kanzuki Kazama already went to confront him, so he may no longer be a danger,” Sophitia guessed. (REF: SOGETSU KAZAMA VS. JIN KAZAMA)

“Need to make sure,” stated Ryu. 

The Dragon Ninja then made a hasty exit to begin his search for the Mishima Zaibatsu CEO.

Yoshimitsu turned his attention to Seong Mi-Na. “Tell Z.W.E.I. and Talim the time has come to guard this position with their lives. If you or Viola know how to get in contact with any of the others we must hurriedly do so. I will convene with the rest of the Manji Clan so that we can fortify the area.” Yoshimitsu then looked over to Sophitia. “You are the purest of us all. I would trust no other to stay with the sword in its current form.”

Sophitia bowed in appreciation of Yoshimitsu’s kind words. 

A short time later, Sophitia was alone with the wicked sword staring at her. It was at this time that Sophitia started thinking and worrying about everyone else. Everything had happened so fast. She wondered where her sister was now (REF: GUILE VS. CASSANDRA ALEXANDRA) and how long it had been since they spoke. She thought about Helena Douglas and the new allies she had made aboard the Freedom Survivor.  (REF: NiCO VS. SOGETSU KAZAMA) She intended to tell Yoshimitsu to find a way to contact Helena once he returned so that she could inform her about everything that had happened and find out if she had heard from Sogetsu and Kazuki. Yoshimitsu’s words made Sophitia afraid for her friends. (REF: AYANE VS. SHIKI)

Sophitia’s thought process was interrupted by the sight of a woman she did not know, who was walking casually toward her wielding a large war hammer.

“Stop! Who goes there?” Sophitia exclaimed.

“My name is Rachel, I am a find hunter. I have come to see the Soul Edge sword and help my friend, Ryu Hayabusa,” the woman answered.

“Ryu is no longer here, he went on a mission a little while ago,” Sophiita informed.

“Then I will see him once he returns. In the meantime I need to use Soul Edge,” stated Rachel.

Sophitia’s eyes bulged. “Use Soul Edge? That is impossible. No one just uses Soul Edge unless you desire to be its new champion.”

“Absolutely not. You don’t have to worry about me. I’m strong willed,” Rachel insisted. “I just need it to help me be rid of an unwanted guest.” (REF: NYOTENGU VS. ELIZA)

“No,” Sophitia repeated. “I cannot allow what you are asking. The risk is too great. How did you even find us?”

“The fortune teller guided me here as requested by the Dragon Shrine Maiden, Momiji,” Rachel replied. (REF: HONOKA VS. IBUKI) The wandering eye of Soul Edge locked onto Rachel as she glanced over to it. Her tone slightly changed. “Also, I wasn’t asking for permission, just stating my intention. I did not travel all this way to not complete my mission.”

Rachel walked toward Soul Edge and Sophitia stood in her way. Sophitia could feel the malevolent presence inside Rachel. Rachel frowned.

“I don’t want to have to fight you, that isn’t why I’m here,” said Rachel. “I have fiend blood inside me, but I am not what you fear I am. Did Ryu not talk about me?”

“Our time together was brief,” answered Sophitia.

“Well. don’t you know that you can use a weapon crafted by evil without being evil yourself. Did you not sense the sword that Hayabusa is carrying around?” Rachel inquired.

“I did, and I know others that have used cursed weapons. Ivy Valentine has. Kilik has. Yoshimitsu has. Sogetsu and Kanzuki’s swords have demons trapped within….”

“Then you understand.”

“Soul Edge is different from all those weapons,” Sophitia declared. “And I didn’t sense the darkness within any of those wielders the way I do you.”

“I have been possessed by a demon,” Rachel informed. “It is why I need Soul Edge so that I can set myself free.”

“You need to find another way.”

“There is no other way.”

Rachel again walked toward Soul Edge and again Sophitia impeded her path.

“You may believe that you can resist the Evil Seed, but given your genetic makeup and that thing inside you, you cannot.” Sophitia warned.  "And I can’t afford to let you try. This may have been Soul Edge's plan all along.”

Rachel groaned in frustration as she lifted her war hammer. “You need to know that you are bringing this on yourself.”

A Tournament Summary for the two warrior women

Sophitia defeated Charlotte (Samurai Shodown) in Round 1, Unknown (Tekken) in Round 2, and Baiken (Guilty Gear) in Round 3

Rachel defeated Shura (Soul Calibur) in Round 1, Chun-Li (Street Fighter) in Round 2, and Zafina (Tekken) in Round 3

I'm going to go with Rachel here, on account of her superhuman physicality granted to her by her Fiend heritage and the fact that she's likely fought more dangerous things than Sophitia numerous more times. Also, considering that she took out someone like Chun-Li, the first lady of fighting... Yeah, that's a big feat in my book.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.60 - leroypowell3
5.00 - patrickthekid

FPA Calculation:
2 Total Votes cast
9.60 Total Combined Score
9.60 / 2 = 4.80 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Sophitia Alexandra: 3
Rachel (Ninja Gaiden): 2