MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Match 18067 Kasumi vs. Kazuya Mishima

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART 186

d7b2dff4e930e4049cb70c679ee92f51.jpg.30b7f84611771e5a0741e7047609368f.jpg

In the hospital courtyard, Shiki dashed at Ayane with her twin swords and performed an overhead slash. Ayane ducked under the attack and used her great speed to hop between slash attempts from Shiki.  (REF: AYANE VS. SHIKI) Ayane took out her butterfly kunai and twirled rapidly like a small purple tornado, disarming Shiki in the process. Ayane attempted a slash of her own as Shiki reached down to regain her swords. Shiki sidestepped the offensive thrust and pushed Ayane away. She then jumped and wrapped her legs around Ayane’s head and performed a Tartarus Drop hurricanrana. Shiki stomped on Ayane’s face before the kunoichi could return to her feet.  Shiki teleported over to her dropped swords and grabbed the handle of one of the blades. She was unable to get a good grip on the other one before Ayane knocked it away with a swift back kick. Shiki jabbed forward with the sword in her right hand. Ayane jumped in the air and performed a backward roll over Shiki’s head. When she landed, she executed a jumping corkscrew kick that hit Shiki in the back. Shiki fell forward and tried her best not to lose hold of her one remaining weapon. Ayane extended her right foot high in the air and brought it down hard across the back of Shiki’s head. Shiki gutted through the pain of the kick and swiped her sword at Ayane’s legs. Ayane again somersaulted into the air and landed with a thunderous kick on Shiki’s head. Shiki stumbled backward as the successive blows started to affect her. Without hesitation, Ayane stepped on Shiki’s shoulders and violently twisted Shiki’s head with her thighs, she then stood on Shiki’s shoulders, repositioned herself, and punted Shiki in the back of the head. Shiki’s sword flew out of her hands and landed several feet away. The quiet assassin, herself, face planted on the ground. Shiki attempted a quick recovery, but Ayane was waiting with an overhead back handed hit comboed into an uplifting strike that knocked Shiki backward. Ayane spun elegantly like a top, her hands glowing with purple ninpo energy, and landed several strikes on the defenseless Shiki. She then stopped and held up two fingers on each hand, summoned her ki and hit Shiki with a powerful ninpo blast that sent her sprawling into a tree trunk. Shiki’s body slid slowly down the tree trunk. Wanting to ensure the fight was over, Ayane tossed two butterfly kunai into Shiki’s chest to put the assassin down for good.

Ayane heard a wail and a shout and tilted her head to the right to see Zack rushing out to tend to Kokoro who was still bleeding after her own fight with Shiki. (REF: KOKORO VS. SHIKI)

“Don’t worry baby girl, I got you,” Zack assured.

“The one who did this to her is now dead,” stated Ayane. “You’re welcome.”

“Who was that chick? Some rival shinobi?” asked Zack.

“I have never seen her before now,” Ayane responded. “Her garments don’t match any clan that I know of. Recognizing Kokoro is what brought me here.”

“I have more questions, but I don’t think I would like the answers,” said Zack. He gazed down at Kokoro. “The important thing is that we get you taken care of. Luckily, we are in the perfect place.”

“What are you two doing here?” Ayane inquired.

“Trying to eviscerate evil,” Zack responded. (REF: GUILE VS. KING)

“So your boss is lending more to this fight than just her singing voice,” Ayane remarked sarcastically.

“Man, Miss Helena put together one of the most impressive collections of fighters ever seen to combat this thing,” Zack bragged. (REF: EL FUERTE VS. EL BLAZE) “Granted, that coalition almost immediately imploded (REF: ELIOT VS. LEO KLIESEN), and Helena herself got involved in a fight with the Polish Prime Minister. (REF: LIDIA SOBIESKA VS. HELENA DOUGLAS) But, she has been working hard and we haven’t given up.”

“I don’t have time for this,” Ayane declared. “Just make sure Kokoro gets the medical attention she needs.”

“Where were you headed? That ominous orange explosion cloud? That’s where the pretty Italian fortune teller and the stretchy guy ran off to,” Zack noted. (REF: MAI SHIRANUI VS. DHALSIM)

“I don’t know who you are talking about and I don’t care about any orange clouds. I came here to lead the Hanjimon sect of the Mugen Tenshin against G Corporation. (REF: GUY VS. RYO SAKAZAKI) I am on my way to the Millenium Tower,” Ayane explained.

“Good luck over there, you might need it,” Zack remarked. “I would offer to help out but I have to make sure my team is taken care of and tell the boss lady all that has happened.”

“Your assistance isn’t necessary, nor is it desired,” said Ayane.

Zack shrugged. “I thought you might say that, just thought I would let you know we are on the same side.”

“Tell Helena that if she has any moves left to make, the time is now,,” Ayane advised.

Ater those parting words, Ayane left the courtyard and disappeared into the night sky.

—---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

636270846_KazuyavsKasumi.jpg.48a7f2d4c1bf1b710ca6a1131a6b86c2.jpg

Former NESTS assassin, Angel, and Russian wrestling legend, Zangief, tore into each other inside the lobby of the Millenium Tower. (REF: ANGEL VS. ZANGIEF) Angel assaulted the large brute with her Real Rave series of kicks and punches until Zangief was successfully able to swat her away with his trademark backhand. He then hopped into the air and struck Angel with his knees before landing on one knee and kicking at Angel’s feet to keep her off balance. Zangief grabbed the reeling Angel and powerbombed her through a nearby reception desk. He slammed his fist on the ground in an effort to pound on Angel, but she easily avoided it by spinning on her back and launching Zangief in the air with a forceful upward kick. Angel  juggled Zangief in the air for a bit by dashing back and forth and landing strong kicks and punches on the World Warrior veteran. Angel finished her combo with a vicious gut punch that crumpled her musclebound opponent. Angel picked up Zangief with the intent of driving him back into the ground with her favorite bulldog technique. Zangief blocked this attempt with a powerful punch from his right hand followed by smashing his large red boot in Angel’s face. Angel gave as good as she got and tagged Zangief with a double striking backward flip bicycle kick. The two heavy hitters continued to exchange blows with neither able to fully use their immense strength to overpower the other. 

In desperation and with a head of steam, Zangief followed his Double Lariat with a stronger, faster, and longer version of the technique. Zangief’s face turned beet red as he put all he had into the move to clobber Angel and get his revenge for what she had done to Mika. (REF: ANGEL VS. R. MIKA) With the first two spins, Zangief hit his target and then Angel crouched instinctively to avoid more damage. She waited until his body revolutions slowed, and then sprung up and locked her arm around his collarbone. She leapt into the air and twisted backward with her Blue Monday counter, an homage to the Rock Bottom. She slammed Zangief to the ground with such velocity that the floor gave way and the two tumbled into the underground parking garage below the lobby. They both smashed into a red Acura NSX type S and remained there. Neither the Red Cyclone nor the fun-loving mercenary returned to their feet.

Kazuya Mishima watched the entire fight from a security camera in his office and was nonplussed by the result. He didn’t get much time for a reaction as more alarms sounded in the Millenium Tower. In quick succession, many Mugen Tenshin clan ninjas smashed through windows throughout the building. They had begun their planned attack (REF: DHALSIM VS. RYUJI YAMAZAKI) on the G-Corporation.

Kazuya stood up and exhaled audibly. He was insulted by this foolish assault and decided he would deal with as many of them as he could personally. He wanted to make an example of them, as he had done to Terry Bogard (REF: BRUCE IRVIN VS. CRIMSON VIPER) after their fight atop the Millenium Tower rooftop. (REF: TERRY BOGARD VS. KAZUYA MISHIMA) Once he reached the doorway to his office, however, he stopped. He felt someone staring at him. He turned to see the strongest member of the Mugen Tenshin clan, Kasumi, looking back at him. She had not traveled with the Hanjimon sect, but when Kasumi had noticed them descending upon the building, she waited for them before making her move.

“You ninjas are quite sneaky aren’t you?” stated Kazuya.

“My name is Kasumi of the Mugen Tenshin, and I am here to defeat you,” she declared.

“What business does your clan have with me?” Kazuya sneered.

“It is our mission to eliminate all the evil and negative energy that is feeding the supernatural sword, Soul Edge,” Kasumi explained. “It was that mission that brought me into conflict with your recently revived mother. (REF: KASUMI VS. KAZUMI MISHIMA) After I killed her, I gave her my word that I would complete her life’s mission by taking down you and your father.” (REF: BASARA VS. NECALLI)

Kazuya remained focused on his goal and was unfazed by this revelation. “If you really wanted to honor my mother you would go destroy the old man.”  

“I had gone after Heihachi initially, but discovered he had already been defeated by another. (REF: HEIHACHI MISHIMA VS. ALGOL) That leaves only you, Kazuya,” Kasumi proclaimed.

Kazuya glared at Kasumi with malicious intent. “You are going to wish that your mission had brought you elsewhere. It is not my destiny to feed into Soul Edge, it is my destiny to control Soul Edge!” As the last words escaped Kazuya’s lips, his devil eye flashed red.

“I will never allow that to happen! Not as long as I am standing with breath in my body,” Kasumi shot back.

“That condition can easily be undone,” Kazuya threatened.

Kasumi is going to be in one hell of a fight, and she's going to need EVERY LETHAL trick in her arsenal if she wants to so much as come out of this alive. Kazuya is someone NOT to be trifled with and the fact that he has the Devil Gene which puts him so high on the superhuman tier is what makes him so dangerous and adding to that is his personality and approach to battle. When he fights, he intends to kill.

But Kasumi has a decent chance to win this, considering she managed to defeat Kazumi Mishima. So based on that, I am going to give it to her but she's definitely not walking out this unbroken. Kasumi's going to need some recovery time by the time she comes out of this.

Picking a winner between two characters who are so high tier in their own universes is always tough. But as much as I like Kasumi I think Kazuya takes this by virtue of having much higher canon feats. Their speeds are pretty even but Kazuya’s striking feats include stalemating Akuma in a special chapter in Tekken 7 where their final energy beam clash caused a volcano to erupt! Also given he’s durable enough to tank said volcano eruption (this would actually be his second time tanking a volcano eruption) then he’s also much tougher then Kasumi too. Sorry Dead or Alive fans but Tekken takes this round.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.90 - leroypowell3
5.00 - patrickthekid
4.40 - Pizzaguy2995

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
14.30 Total Combined Score
14.30 / 3 = 4.77 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Kasumi: 2
Kazuya Mishima: 5