Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Match 18051 Ayane vs. Shiki (Samurai Shodown)

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART 182

devil-jin-tekken-tekken-6.jpg.13ad1f439bb8034e3749c7d04fc04a56.jpg

Jin Kazama and Sogetsu Kazama battled back and forth on the top floor of the Mishima Zaibatsu with neither man able to put the other down for good. (REF: SOGETSU KAZAMA VS. JIN KAZAMA) Jin kicked Sogetsu in the air and followed with two knee strikes and a roundhouse kick. Before he could complete another combo, Sogetsu conjured a geyser of water from the ground to knock Jin backward. Sogetsu then lunged at Jin and slashed him across the chest with his sword. He slashed downward to take out Jin’s feet, but the Mishima Zaibatsu CEO jumped over the sword slash and landed a jumping kick across Sogetsu’s face. The two men then charged at each other with elevated knee strikes. A discharge of electricity filled the air when the two knees connected with each other. Jin immediately followed with a right cross punch that spun out Sogetsu. Sogetsu fired a water bubble projectile from his hands that exploded in front of Jin and broke his rhythm. Sogetsu capitalized on this by slipping into a water portal of his own creation and reappearing behind Jin. He slashed at Jin’s back and then followed with a jumping overhead slash. Jin stumbled backward.

The two were joined on the top floor by Crimson Viper, who went in search of them after her victory over Asuka Kazama. (REF: ASUKA KAZAMA VS. CRIMSON VIPER) She had wondered if Jin would need her help but decided instead to watch the two fight from a safe distance.

“You are even stronger than I had thought, but it is time to end this,” Sogetsu declared. He lifted his enchanted Blue Dragon blade into the air. “I will strike you down with the same sword that defeated and then trapped the water demon, Suija. How fitting for a devil.”

“No,” Jin retorted.

Jin evaded a couple of lunges from Sogetsu and got in close to the blue haired warrior’s body with a quick succession of strikes. A red aura surrounded Jin as he continued his punching assault on Sogetsu. Red electricity began to surround his punches and the final punch from Jin sent Sogetsu crashing into the wall.

“This is reality, you are not on my level,” Jin seethed.

Jin charged up his fist to lay a potential final blow on Sogetsu who was now bleeding from his lip. Sogetsu waited until Jin got in closer before again sinking into a water portal and reappearing behind Jin. This time Sogetsu went with his strongest move and attacked Jin with a barrage of quick slashes and then knocked him into the air with a pillar of water. Once in the air, Sogetsu trapped Jin in a large water bubble. Sogetsu formed water blades with his hands and threw them into the bubble intending to fill the liquid prison with his descendant’s blood. Sogetsu put all the energy he had into the water blades and collapsed to one knee.The large blue water bubble then turned red and exploded. 

Sogetsu expected to see the defeated body of Jin Kazama collapse to the ground, instead the Devil form of Jin levitated in the air where the bubble once was. He glared with anger and rage at Sogetsu and shot him with a laser beam. Devil Jin then flew over Sogetsu, grabbed him by the head and dragged him across the floor before shooting him twice more with a laser beam from his forehead. Sogetsu lay motionless on the ground a few feet from Jin’s throne.

Crimson Viper slowly approached Devil Jin. It was the first time she had seen him in this form in person and his menacing aura was not lost on her. She figured he would immediately transform back to his normal form, but he didn’t.

“What now?” she asked.

“Now, we go on the offensive, we attack!” Devil Jin exclaimed.

After he declared this intention, Jin did revert to his normal self and walked over to some video screens by the large platform elevator.

He pointed at a screen showing news footage of a large orange explosion by the G-Corporation Millenium Tower.  (REF: MAKI GENRYUSAI VS. MAI SHIRANUI) “Have you seen this? While we were scouring the globe for any remnant of Soul Edge we could find, he had already weaponized it.”

“You are sure that explosion was somehow caused by Soul Edge?” Viper inquired.

“I recognize that orange hue anywhere. It’s no different than the initial shards brought to us by Nina,” Jin explained. (REF: AYANE VS. NINA WILLIAMS)

“If that is true what is Kazuya’s angle?” Viper wondered.

“He is ready to make his move, and he is showing it off,” Jin answered. “While I have been stuck here fighting off my ancestors (REF: JIN KAZAMA VS. KAZUKI KAZAMA), he may have already located the sword.”

“That would be most unfortunate,” Viper commented.

“The risk is too great not to move in on him now,” Jin decided. “We take the fight to his doorstep and capture Soul Edge for ourselves. And then I will destroy the devil gene once and for all.”

Crimson Viper motioned toward Sogetsu. “What about him?”

“Have him placed alongside his brother and strip the shards of Soul Edge from him. If my father can weaponize the shards then so can we. They may prove very useful,” stated Jin.

Crimson Viper nodded and the two made plans for their assault on the Millenium Tower.

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

557221608_kokoroandayane.jpg.db3b7b1410b513a4ca3b89effe64799d.jpg

The butterfly kunoichi, Ayane, darted across the rooftops of Japan to join with her fellow Mugen Tenshin ninjas in their planned raid on Kazuya Mishima and the G-Corporation. Ayane had recently learned from Ryu Hayabusa that her sect of the Mugen Tenshin, the Hanjimon, had been entrusted to an outsider by clan leader Hayate. (REF: GUY VS. RYO SAKAZAKI) After tracking down Hayate, he informed her that the man’s name was Ryo Sakazaki and he was simply helping the Hanjimon in their mission to take down a potential threat and energy source for the evil feeding sword, Soul Edge. (REF: DHALSIM VS. RYUJI YAMAZAKI) The target was the nefarious G Corporation. Ayane knew of the organization by reputation and surprisingly stout military force given that it was ostensibly a biotech firm. Ayane knew its leader and CEO, Kazuya Mishima, was a dangerous man and she figured a direct confrontation with the son of Heihachi was imminent.

As she got closer to the Millenium Tower, she hopped over the rooftops in the medical district. An unexpected sight snagged Ayane’s attention. She did a double take just to make sure before confirming that yes it was the Ba Ji dancing fighter, Kokoro, Helena Douglas’s half sister.  Currently, Kokoro was in a precarious position. She was on the ground bleeding at the feet of a mysterious ninja with short dark hair and a blue outfit that was surprisingly well lit in the moonlight. (REF: KOKORO VS. SHIKI) Ayane usually desired to steer clear of getting involved with whatever machinations Helena and her allies were involved in, however she did respect Kokoro and did not want to see the sweet girl die.

In the courtyard below, the intimidating figure lingered above Kokoro and lifted her two blades to finish her off. She was stopped by an explosion of purple butterflies right in front of her. When the smoke cleared, Ayane stood between Kokoro and her would-be executioner, Shiki.

“I do not recognize you or your gear,” stated Ayane. “What clan are you from?”

“I have no clan. Not anymore.” Shiki replied.

Ayane scrunched her nose in disgust. “Another deserter, how pathetic. What business do you have with Kokoro?”

“She was simply in my way,” Shiki answered.

“You were going to kill her just for being an obstacle?” asked Ayane.

“What better way to ensure that she will not be an obstacle again,” Shiki reasoned.

“Well unfortunately for you, I have a big problem with that,” stated Ayane.

“Your concerns are unimportant,” responded Shiki. “Only the mission matters.”

“What mission?”

Kokoro struggled to speak. “She was killing a young guy…. when I found her in the hospital.” (REF: SHIKI VS. YANG)

“You should save your breath, you don’t have much of it left,” Shiki warned.

“Ayane, please, you have to stop her before she kills anyone else,” Kokoro pleaded.

Ayana gazed down at Kokoro then back at Shiki whose expression had remained blank and emotionless throughout the entire exchange.

“Do you intend to be another obstacle in my way?” Shiki finally asked.

19 hours ago, unknonworld123 said:

Sorry to interrupt, but I'm new to this whole thing. Question. When I try to vote, it sends me to the forum page without it telling me if my vote went through or not. Did I do something wrong?

Doesn't sound like you did anything wrong but you definitely should be seeing a page that said you voted on this match. Is it doing that for all matches?

5 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

Doesn't sound like you did anything wrong but you definitely should be seeing a page that said you voted on this match. Is it doing that for all matches?

No. It isn't. All that happens is that I'm sent to the forum page every time I try to vote.

8 minutes ago, unknonworld123 said:

No. It isn't. All that happens is that I'm sent to the forum page every time I try to vote.

So it takes you to the main forum page when you hit the vote button? I hadn't heard of that before. Maybe an admin can assist if they see this.

Another good set-up, Johnny, and very nice recap of the fight between the Kazamas. Not sure why I initially thought that C. Viper was on Sogetsu's side, though. 

As for the match, considering what I've researched on Ayane and what she deals with on a regular basis, she can probably handle Shiki, especially since Shiki just wrapped up a battle. 

8 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Another good set-up, Johnny, and very nice recap of the fight between the Kazamas. Not sure why I initially thought that C. Viper was on Sogetsu's side, though. 

Perhaps you were thinking of Asuka Kazama, who came to the Zaibatsu with Sogetsu and fought against C. Viper. (REF: ASUKA VS. CRIMSON VIPER)

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.70 - DSkillz
5.00 - SSJRuss
5.00 - patrickthekid

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
14.70 Total Combined Score
14.70 / 3 = 4.90 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Ayane: 4
Shiki (Samurai Shodown): 1