General Kregg: 2
Stripe: 0
Brigade: 1

Match 17977 Guile vs. King (Tekken)

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART 172

sophcass2.jpg.016a63e257f54ced7200318e29f8bef1.jpg

Aboard the Freedom Survivor, Helena Douglas approached Guile.

“Major Guile, all preparations have been completed for your flight to Japan. (REF: BAIKEN VS. SOPHITIA ALEXANDRA) Utilizing the DOATEC helicopter, Zack should be able to get you close to where your friend, Dhalsim, was filmed fighting one of the malfested,” Helena explained. (REF: LEI FEI VS. DHALSIM) “I have also arranged for Kokoro to join you. She has expressed a strong desire to help and she even fought one of Kazuya’s former lackeys on this very ship. (REF: KOKORO VS. GANRYU) She will be very helpful for you in any potential confrontation with G-Corporation.” 

Guile was about to thank Helena then he suddenly looked down at his phone.

“It’s Cammy, she is requesting a video chat. I know this is last minute, Helena, but she says it is an emergency.”

“Of course.”

Back inside the video conference room, Guile was slightly startled at the sight of Cammy and Blue Mary on the big screen. Cammy was bruised and bandaged, and Blue Mary’s arm was in a sling.

“So, was the mission a success or a failure?” asked Guile.

“A failure in every sense of the word,” responded Cammy. 

“What happened?” asked Guile.

“To make a long story short, the man that Heidern and his team came out to recruit is dead. He was killed by Heidern’s adopted daughter, (REF: DARLI DAGGER VS. EDDY GORDO) who went mad and also demolished a couple of my ‘sisters’ as well as did this to me,” Cammy explained. (REF: CAMMY WHITE VS. LEONA HEIDERN)

“Also there were a couple of odd looking warrior women there. One was decked out in medieval armor and the other had a sword and shield. It’s because of her that I have this.” Blue Mary motioned to her sling. (REF: BLUE MARY VS. CASSANDRA ALEXANDRA) “The one with the sword and shield told Heidern something about a powerful weapon of legend called…"

Guile interrupted. “Soul Edge.”

“You’ve heard of it. So I was right, it is connected to Helena’s mission,” stated Cammy.

“Is it real Major Guile?” asked Mary.

“It’s very real and it’s very dangerous,” Guile confirmed. “I have only been exposed to a small fragment of it and it turned me into a man I never want to be again.” (REF: LEI WULONG VS. GUILE)

"You think it could have triggered the Orochi blood inside of Leona Heidern?" Blue Mary inquired.

"I would not be surprised." Guile paused for a moment. “Tell me more about the woman with the sword and shield. What did she look like?”

“She looked young,” Mary answered. “Blonde hair tied into a ponytail, she had an orange and white top with brown pants. Her shield was blue. I think she is Greek.”

“Have you met her?” Cammy inquired.

“No. But if it is who I think it is, then I have met her sister. She saved me from my malfestation by Soul Edge,” Guile informed. “They are both heroes and I believe both sisters are vital to stopping Soul Edge”

“She left the village we were at for the nearby port in search of an ally. (REF: KING VS. HAKAN) After Seth picked us up, Heidern sent an agent there to keep an eye on her. She hasn’t left as of yet, but we wanted to get some concrete intel first before we rushed in again, seeing how badly it went for us last time,” Mary lamented. “However, if we did go in as a truce I don’t know if she would trust us much given our recent history.”

“I should talk to her,” Guile decided. “I think she will trust me. Can you send me the coordinates to the port?”

“Yes. On it now,” stated Cammy. “You should probably hurry. There have been some interesting scuffles going on at the port (REF: CHRISTIE MONTEIRO VS. DEE JAY), but there is no telling how long she will stay there. Looking forward to catching up when you get here.”

Guile nodded and then turned to leave the video conference room. As soon as he walked out the door, he saw Helena and Kokoro waiting for him.

“Is Miss White okay?” asked Helena.

“She has had better days, and also worse days. She will tough it out like she always does,” said Guile.

“Wonderful, then we can continue with the mission…”

“Actually plans have changed. Sophitia’s sister, Cassandra, was spotted at Cammy’s location in Mexico. I need to go there so that we can bring her in before we lose track of her. I just know that she and Sophitia are a key to all of this.”

“What makes you say that?” Kokoro wondered.

“Call it a gut feeling.” Guile responded. “I know this is a drastic change in priorities, but I firmly believe it is the best course of action.”

Helena felt some irritation toward Guile for this last second audible. She thought about her fight with Prime Minister Sobieska and how it was sparked by an inability to cede some control (REF: LIDIA SOBIESKA VS. HELENA DOUGLAS), so she decided to go with a different approach and simply offered her support. “Very well, Major. I trust your judgment. We will get you there promptly.”

“Thank you. M;am.”

Guile walked away from Helena and Kokoro.

“Well..”

“I still want to go,” Kokoro declared. “I feel like I need to go. Zack can still take me.”

“Kokoro?”

“Helena, I have seen what that horrible magic does up close (REF: KOKORO VS. AOI UMENOKOUJI), and if I can save even one more person from that fate then I want to do it.”

Helena was wary of sending Kokoro around G Corporation without more backup, but she could see look of determination on her half sister’s face and she acquiesced. “Be careful out there, Kokoro and good luck.”

—-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1034643528_YashiroChrisandShermieBandtitlednameC.Y.S.jpg.87d01fe0660d9eb5159152cd3eb8bb9f.jpg

Elsewhere on the Freedom Survivor Cruise Liner, two members of the Agenja Wywiadu, the Polish Intelligence Agency, walked up to the holding cells.

“State your business,” said one of the guards.

Both agents flashed their badges. “We are here by request of Prime Minister Sobieska to determine if your current prisoners may pose any potential threat to Poland.”

“I wouldn’t think so,” stated the other DOATEC guard. “You can talk to them and find out for yourself.”

“Thank you.”

Both Intelligence officers and the two DOATEC guards walked into the hallway and approached the cell containing Shermie and Vice.

Vice glared at all four of them. “What do you want?” 

“We have just one question for you.” The two Polish Intelligence Agents swiftly knocked out the two DOATEC guards. “Are you ready to leave?”

Vice was confused. “What is going on here?”

“We are breaking you out this instant,” answered the female Polish agent.

The male agent picked up the two unconscious guards. “Quick change into these clothes and we will walk right out of here.”

“Huh?”

“Most of the fighters aboard the ship have left on various missions from Miss Helena (REF: GEN VS. ASH CRIMSON), and there are a lot of moving parts going on right now so it should not be a problem,” the male agent explained.

Vice was dubious. “Even if that is the case, there is still a lot of DOATEC security on this ship and 'Bangs' over her will stick out like a sore thumb, new theads and all.”

Shermie shrugged. The two agents thought for a moment until the male agent’s eyes sparked with an idea.

“Miss Shermie do you still have any of the Soul Edge shards left over or did you give them all away?” he asked. 

“I gave most of them to that Mexican wrestler, but not all of them,” Shermie answered with a smile. (REF: ELIOT VS. JOSIE RIZAL) “Never know when they might come in handy.”

“If you would allow me to use some I think I can solve all our potential problems. There is a new fighter that just came on board (REF: SOGETSU KAZAMA VS. JIN KAZAMA), some leopard wrestler guy, he doesn’t really understand what has been happening here. I think I can infect him and set him loose on security. That should keep them busy,” the agent suggested.

Shermie looked over to Vice.

Vice sighed. “What do we have to lose? There are not a ton of options right now.”

Shermie handed small Soul Edge shards wrapped in cloth to the male Polish intelligence agent. He took them, nodded respectfully, and excited the holding cell area. The female agent was already undressing the DOATEC security guards.

“Why are you helping us to escape?” Vice asked bluntly.

“My partner and I are huge CYS fans. They are our favorite band. We would try to go to all the shows that we could until you all disappeared. We were so excited when Chris recently posted on the CYS discord,” the female agent explained.

A look of recognition appeared on Shermie’s face. “Wait a minute, Krystina, is that you?”

The female agent held her arms close to her chest. “You remembered, that is so awesome. Yeah, it’s me.”

“And you heard from Chris?” asked Shermie.

“Yeah, he and Yashiro told us that you had probably been captured, where to find you, and where to bring you once we set you free,” Krystina answered. 

“I’ve been wondering where those clowns were.” Shermie remarked. (REF: BASARA VS. NECALLI)

“Quite the loyal fans you have, Shermie,” noted Vice.

Out on the helipad, Guile watched as Zack and Kokoro took off toward Japan and prepared to get in a separate helicopter charted for Mexico when without warning a commotion grabbed his attention. A small distance away, a group of DOATEC security guards were being thrown left and right, and standing in the center was the renowned wrestler, King. (REF: KING VS. EL BLAZE) It was immediately clear that the masked fighter was trying to injure if not kill everyone in his vicinity. Guile rushed over to intervene.

Once he got closer, he saw the orange tint in King’s eyes. Guile was stunned to see that all remnants of Soul Edge hadn’t been removed. It was his first time seeing the effect from the outside and it was chilling. King suddenly being malfested brought up many questions, but the first priority was taking the muscular grappler down before anyone else was hurt

Another good set-up, Johnny.

Heh, just as the good guys seem on the verge of starting to deal with the real threats, here comes another twist. :) I have a feeling that Shermie and King might be handled sooner than later, though. 

As for the match, I'd have to agree that Guile should win here. He actually has projectiles and a definite quickness and combo-ing edge on King. 

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.70 - DSkillz
4.50 - Pizzaguy2995
4.80 - leroypowell3
5.00 - WeAreVenom88

FPA Calculation:
4 Total Votes cast
19.00 Total Combined Score
19.00 / 4 = 4.75 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Guile: 7