MATCH SCORE
Shark Boy and Lava Girl: 4
Freddy Krueger: 3

Match 17958 Zasalamel vs. Dee Jay

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART 170

682a55d208680592acb4a14d07a4ab65.jpg.f440dea4d2dc8dfec490c86107747dd4.jpg

Cammy White’s eyes fluttered open. The first thing she noticed was the bandages on her body and instantly she remembered the intense pain of being subjected to Leona Heidern’s energy blades for an extended period of time. (REF: LARS ALEXANDERSSON VS. LEONA HEIDERN) She looked to her right where she saw a tall black man with a blonde mohawk, green pants, and a purple tie sitting at a table drinking coffee.

“Cool. You have finally woken up,” he remarked.

“Who are you? Where am I?”

“Stay calm, Cammy. You are among friends,” declared a voice from behind her.

Cammy adjusted her point of view to see Blue Mary standing with her arm in a sling looking over her.

“We are in a safe house recovering and regrouping,” informed Mary. “It’s fortunate for us that Seth came along when he did or we might still be toiling away on the streets of that poor cursed village.”

Seth put down his mug of coffee. “I just wish I could have arrived sooner.”

Their commander, Heidern, limped into the room. (REF: KULA DIAMOND VS. ALISA BOSKONOVICH) “No one blames you, you were busy picking up the pieces of the beatdown that Vanessa suffered.” (REF: VANESSA VS. CRIMSON VIPER)

A burst of anger erupted in Cammy. “What are you doing here?!?”

“There is no need for hostilities, Miss White,” Heidern assured. “As Agent Mary stated, you are among allies. It may not seem that way due to our last interaction (REF: CAMMY WHITE VS. LEONA HEIDERN), but it is true. I hold no ill will toward you….. And the vengeance you sought against Leona for what happened to your ‘sisters’ has been granted. She was impaled and killed by Lars Alexandersson.” (REF: DARLI DAGGER VS. EDDY GORDO)

Both Seth and Mary looked down in sadness for their fallen comrade.

“It is a real shame you never got the chance to meet the real Leona,” stated Mary. “Your personalities weren’t exactly the same, but you two had a lot in common. You may have been kindred spirits.”

“Before the horror that you witnessed, the Orochi blood inside Leona had been dormant for years,” Heidern added.

“The best information I could muster from the few survivors I found was that she was triggered by Ralf Jones being stabbed to death by some vampire sword fighter,” Seth input. 

“Another horrible loss, but I suspect another sinister force at play that resulted in the loss of my daughter,” Heidern opined.

Blue Mary sat on Cammy’s bed. “The boss overheard the woman warrior who roughed me up (REF: BLUE MARY VS. CASSANDRA ALEXANDRA) talking about an ancient weapon called Soul Edge before she left. (REF: KING VS. HAKAN) Most information we can find on it right now is folklore and legends. But trust me, as someone who got up close to one of those warriors, this isn’t a fairy tale. Soul Edge is a magical weapon believed to feed off all the anger and hate in the world and then push it right back out and spread it like a virus.”

“Enough bad juju to stoke up Orochi blood?” Seth wondered.

“It’s a theory,” Mary responded. She turned back toward Cammy. “Anyway, there is no way something potentially this forceful and dangerous is not being noticed by the most power hungry people in the world.” 

“You think this is tied into the mission that Guile and I recruited you for, don’t you?” Cammy guessed. (REF: RAPHAEL SOREL VS. LARS ALEXANDERSSON)

Blue Mary nodded “I do. You guys told me Helena Douglas was worried that the most fearsome and formidable villains in the world were in a fight over some weapon. This has to be the weapon she was referring to, right?”

“I still say if we want direct answers we go after the source,” Seth interjected. “Just give me the word and I will track down that swordswoman.”

Heidern was firm in his refusal. “No, Seth. Look around. Mary is out of commission, so is Kula (REF: KULA DIAMOND VS. CASSANDRA ALEXANDRA), Vanessa, and Lieutenant Clark Still. Colonel Ralf Jones and Leona are dead. I will not risk anyone else in this unit until we fully understand the mission. I had originally thought we were in a battle against the Mishima Zaibatsu. (REF: BAYMAN VS. CLARK STILL) It is clearly much bigger than that. If we are to quell this threat we need to understand exactly what it is.”

“I will call Major Guile,” said Cammy.

—--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WCCFsoulcalibur68-740x429.jpg.ab8ec9b93dc92e54c2b322286a202efd.jpg

After the immortal Zasalamel left a potential showdown against Sophitia Alexandra, Charlotte, Bass Armstrong, and Sogetsu Kazama, (REF: JIN KAZAMA VS. KAZUKI KAZAMA) he started to rethink his strategy on how to obtain Soul Edge. It was obvious that all the disparate warriors he once knew had been bonded by their victory over the Azure Knight, Nightmare centuries earlier. Defeating the Muay Thai master, Sagat, gave Zasalamel the confidence that his fighting abilities had not diminished over the years. (REF: ZASALAMEL VS. SAGAT) However, picking the Soul Calibur warriors apart one by one would not be as easy as it once had been if they were now traveling in groups. On the other hand, Zasalamel could use this new bond between them to his advantage, by leveraging them against one another. 

Zasalamel decided he needed to first go after the strays and use them as bait. Zasalamel’s ability to teleport over long distances made this a plan that could be executed rather quickly. His first choice was the wandering samurai, Heishiro Mitsurugi. A loner at his very core, Mitsurugi was the least likely to be in the company of other Soul Calibur warriors. Unfortunately for Zasalamel. Mitsurugi’s wandering nature also made it so that he may be anywhere currently (REF: BAIKEN VS. HEISHIRO MITSURUGI) and a little hard to pin down. So, Zasalamel turned his attention to the nunchaku wielding pirate, Maxi. Maxi was certainly more likely to be in the company of his friends, but was also a bit of a wanderer himself. Zasalamel knew two things for sure about Maxi. He was a bit of a showoff, which would mean he would definitely have a reputation on the high seas, and he was obsessed with the destruction of the Fygul Cestemus cult. Utilizing these two facts, Zasalamel was able to find Maxi’s location in a short period of time. (REF: MAXI VS. CLAUDIO SERAFINO) He walked into a bar in a small port city in Mexico, and watched with amusement as Jamaican music sensation and elite kickboxer, Dee Jay and one of his stage hands struggled to prop up the unconscious body of Zasalamel’s target. (REF: BONNE JENET VS. DARLI DAGGER)

“Be careful mon, his crew will be here any minute and any more damage to this guy may affect the price of saving and returning him,” Dee Jay noted. (REF: CHRISTIE MONTIERO VS. DEE JAY)

“I hear ya mon. I’m just wondering how this guy is still unconscious after all this time,” Dee Jay’s friend remarked.

Zasalamel spoke up. “It is because he is very old. When you have lived as long as we have you can sleep for days at a time, whether by choice or otherwise.”

The two Jamaicans twisted their heads and took note of Zasalamel’s imposing stature decked out in a flowing white robe.

“But you don’t have to worry about that, because I am here to take him off your hands,” Zasalamel announced.

Dee Jay shook his head no. “I don’t think so, man. You don’t look like one of his crew. I don’t imagine you do a lot of sailing in that big robe, mon.”

Zasalamel smiled. “How very perceptive. You are correct, I am not a sailor. But, wearing this robe makes it much easier to carry around this…” Zasalamel unveiled his long scythe. “Now, I am in a bit of a rush so give him to me.”

“Yeah no way are we going to let you cut in on our action,” Dee Jay’s stage hand responded. “Dee Jack, kick this guy’s ass.”

Zasalamel momentarily paused time and instantly appeared next to Dee Jay’s friend and slammed him into the wall with his scythe.

“How did you do that?” asked Dee Jay.

“You are about to find out first hand if you don’t hand Maxi over to me,” Zasalamel threatened.

Dee Jay smirked and lifted his hands up into his fighting stance. “It’s going to take a whole lot more than a few magic tricks to intimidate me, mon.”

Another good set-up, Johnny. Sorry I didn't get to it in time. And wow, Cammy got a worse beating from Leona than I thought. Good to see she's in recovery and teaming up with some new allies. 

And, yeah, I think Zasalamel rightfully won here. Dee Jay's good, but powers-wise, Zasalamel seems to just be on another level.