Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

12:16 - Will Graham vs. The Event Horizon

UMPIRE

SEASON 12, ROUND 16

Will Graham

Slot: The Team's Survivor
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Will Graham at Wikipedia
Official Site: Thomas Harris

The Event Horizon

Slot: The Team's Location
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 2
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about The Event Horizon at Wikipedia
Official Site: Paramount

Battle Terrain
Sidekick vs. Terrain

I don't think Graham can take the psychological horror the Event Horizon will throw on him. A ship with a connection to hell is more dangerous than Hannibal Lector by a long shot.

3 hours ago, Twogunkid said:

I don't think Graham can take the psychological horror the Event Horizon will throw on him. A ship with a connection to hell is more dangerous than Hannibal Lector by a long shot.

How so? I had to do some research on Event Horizon since I never heard of it before but according to Wikipedia the ship doesn’t really transport the Laurence Fishburne and Sam Neill crew to hell, in fact it’s mostly like that the Gregory House in that it has to drive it’s victims crazy first and then have them kill themselves or others. And from what was shown it accomplishes that by showing flashbacks that correspond to fears and regrets. It’s basically the same method that Hannibal Lecter uses on Will all the time so I fail to see how Will falls to a scenario that he has to live with every day.

17 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

How so? I had to do some research on Event Horizon since I never heard of it before but according to Wikipedia the ship doesn’t really transport the Laurence Fishburne and Sam Neill crew to hell, in fact it’s mostly like that the Gregory House in that it has to drive it’s victims crazy first and then have them kill themselves or others. And from what was shown it accomplishes that by showing flashbacks that correspond to fears and regrets. It’s basically the same method that Hannibal Lecter uses on Will all the time so I fail to see how Will falls to a scenario that he has to live with every day.

Because the Event Horizon is connected to a personal hell and people see it as real. This isn't some guy trying to break you by talking. This is a series of visions of your own worst torment imaginable.

30 minutes ago, Twogunkid said:

Because the Event Horizon is connected to a personal hell and people see it as real. This isn't some guy trying to break you by talking. This is a series of visions of your own worst torment imaginable.

Sounds like a pretty standard acid trip to me. And the problem with your argument is that Will already has to live through his own personal Hell everyday in REAL life thanks to Lecter, especially in the NBC series. What exactly can the Event Horizon show him that he hasn’t already had to deal with in real life? A psychopath targeting his wife and son? Already happened multiple times! His own fear of scaring his family and driving them away? Already covered that too! His paranoia that deep down he enjoys murdering others as much as Hannibal does and that one day he’ll turn into the monster that Hannibal is molding him into? He literally deals with that basically every episode! So this Event Horizons plan is to break him down by projecting the worst torment imaginable? MF Will Graham calls that Monday morning!

2 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Sounds like a pretty standard acid trip to me. And the problem with your argument is that Will already has to live through his own personal Hell everyday in REAL life thanks to Lecter, especially in the NBC series. What exactly can the Event Horizon show him that he hasn’t already had to deal with in real life? A psychopath targeting his wife and son? Already happened multiple times! His own fear of scaring his family and driving them away? Already covered that too! His paranoia that deep down he enjoys murdering others as much as Hannibal does and that one day he’ll turn into the monster that Hannibal is molding him into? He literally deals with that basically every episode! So this Event Horizons plan is to break him down by projecting the worst torment imaginable? MF Will Graham calls that Monday morning!

He's going to see them post his killing of them. The kind of mind breaking thing he isn't going to get out of the feeling that he has actually killed his family. I will admit I have no knowledge of the NBC series, but it's going to feel very real to him. I don't see a way he comes through with his sanity intact.

Plus other passengers are all dangerous threats to him in their own right. The only way to truly best the Event Horizon is to destroy it, and Graham has 1. No knowledge to do that and 2. No way to survive in space.

45 minutes ago, Twogunkid said:

He's going to see them post his killing of them. The kind of mind breaking thing he isn't going to get out of the feeling that he has actually killed his family. I will admit I have no knowledge of the NBC series, but it's going to feel very real to him. I don't see a way he comes through with his sanity intact.

Plus other passengers are all dangerous threats to him in their own right. The only way to truly best the Event Horizon is to destroy it, and Graham has 1. No knowledge to do that and 2. No way to survive in space.

Oh yeah? I should remind folks that as a criminal profiler Will’s job is to literally put himself in the mindset of the killers he’s tracking down and literally visualize himself doing the crimes in order to figure out where they’ll strike next. I remember one episode where in order to protect his family Will actually had to visualize how if he was in the killers shoes how he would break into and murder his family. He literally envisioned himself murdering his own wife and son in cold blood in a very disturbing and gritty manner in order to protect them! So again Will’s already had to face just about every fear and insecurity he has ever thought of, his sanity at this point is unbreakable. 

If there are other passengers on board that can only help Will. He might not know how to work a space ship but he can surely enlist the few survivors who are still sane to help him do the whole split the ship in two theory that Laurence Fishburne did in the movie. And as long as he has his gun he can take care of psycho Dr Grant.

7 hours ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Oh yeah? I should remind folks that as a criminal profiler Will’s job is to literally put himself in the mindset of the killers he’s tracking down and literally visualize himself doing the crimes in order to figure out where they’ll strike next. I remember one episode where in order to protect his family Will actually had to visualize how if he was in the killers shoes how he would break into and murder his family. He literally envisioned himself murdering his own wife and son in cold blood in a very disturbing and gritty manner in order to protect them! So again Will’s already had to face just about every fear and insecurity he has ever thought of, his sanity at this point is unbreakable. 

If there are other passengers on board that can only help Will. He might not know how to work a space ship but he can surely enlist the few survivors who are still sane to help him do the whole split the ship in two theory that Laurence Fishburne did in the movie. And as long as he has his gun he can take care of psycho Dr Grant.

Imagining you would do such a thing and then feeling that you actually have are very different.

Others on board are a threat to Will. Dr. Weir is more than capable of taking out a psychologist. Throw in that even those "sane" are still suffering from vivid visions and possession. The ship isn't above orchestrating explosions or spacing Will either and he has nothing to survive those.

12 hours ago, Fox said:

The Event Horizon is 0 and 2 loser this season? wow.  Worst portal to hell ever!

Come on buddy, you can do this.  Now get out there and be the best evil terrain you can be!

To be fair it had to face two of the most OP survivors out there, Ash Williams, and Judge Dredd

13 hours ago, Twogunkid said:

Imagining you would do such a thing and then feeling that you actually have are very different.

Others on board are a threat to Will. Dr. Weir is more than capable of taking out a psychologist. Throw in that even those "sane" are still suffering from vivid visions and possession. The ship isn't above orchestrating explosions or spacing Will either and he has nothing to survive those.

It seemed pretty realistic to Graham when he did it.

And Will is a trained FBI agent who hunts serial killers for a living. Psycho Dr Grant doesn’t have anything on Hannibal Lecter or Francis “The Tooth Fairy” Dolarhyde. He can handle anyone who presents a danger to him. Also in the movie three people were able to survive the event so I’d think they’d still be sane enough to help Will survive. At the very least they’d be able to explain to him how to avoid getting spaced and how to safely split the ship in two like how they did in the movie.

Man this is a tough one, mainly because it's pitting one of my favourite series against one of my favourite horror movies.

I think I'm swaying slightly towards Event Horizon - for the main reason that we seem to be focusing on "evil Dr Grant" (lol), ie Dr Weir as the threat, but remember he was an innocent person who was turned evil by the ship. He's not the enemy, the ship is. 

The ship corrupts and turns people evil and crazy, breaking their will through visions, fear and horror. 

This is something Hannibal, a brilliant psycho, almost managed to do to Will over a sustained and long period. I see Event Horizon as being able to inflict a more horrible and compressed version of what Hannibal tried to achieve.

Will did nearly go crazy, and started making some very questionable choices under the relatively gentle but consistent pressure Hannibal applied. I reckon Event Horizon will be like applying a hammer to that same fragile psyche and Will will become the new reigning lord of the spaceships hell.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2022 at 6:09 PM, Fox said:

The Event Horizon is 0 and 2 loser this season? wow.  Worst portal to hell ever!

Come on buddy, you can do this.  Now get out there and be the best evil terrain you can be!

I know how you feel. I thought this would be a big winner. I never ever finished watching the movie because it scared me so bad. For real.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, leroypowell3 said:

I know how you feel. I thought this would be a big winner. I never ever finished watching the movie because it scared me so bad. For real.

I still cannot watch the whole movie in one go.

19 hours ago, Culwych1 said:

Man this is a tough one, mainly because it's pitting one of my favourite series against one of my favourite horror movies.

I think I'm swaying slightly towards Event Horizon - for the main reason that we seem to be focusing on "evil Dr Grant" (lol), ie Dr Weir as the threat, but remember he was an innocent person who was turned evil by the ship. He's not the enemy, the ship is. 

The ship corrupts and turns people evil and crazy, breaking their will through visions, fear and horror. 

This is something Hannibal, a brilliant psycho, almost managed to do to Will over a sustained and long period. I see Event Horizon as being able to inflict a more horrible and compressed version of what Hannibal tried to achieve.

Will did nearly go crazy, and started making some very questionable choices under the relatively gentle but consistent pressure Hannibal applied. I reckon Event Horizon will be like applying a hammer to that same fragile psyche and Will will become the new reigning lord of the spaceships hell.

Aw c’mon yo! What ever happened to what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger? And if Will’s psyche survived all of that then it must be pretty goddamn strong by now right?