MATCH SCORE
Archangel: 1
Gambit: 4

Match 17869 Asuka Kazama vs. Crimson Viper

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART 165

844887180_sophitiacut.jpg.a7a9d79ef23d6e1b095fb0f8aaa716ad.jpg

Outside the interrogation room, aboard the Freedom Survivor cruise liner, Helena Douglas and Lidia Sobieska exchanged moves with neither of the fierce fighting females able to get a distinct advantage over the other. (REF: LIDIA SOBIESKA VS. HELENA DOUGLAS) Helena sidestepped a front kick from Lidia, and then tagged the Polish Prime Minister with a couple of palm strikes. Lidia responded with a couple of punches of her own, including a strong one that knocked Helena back a couple of steps. The karate practitioner attempted a follow up, but was on the receiving end of a two pronged kick to the chest and head from Helena that stopped her in her tracks.

Lidia was developing a strong respect for Helena’s abilities during this fight. She had clearly underestimated the opera singing heiress. Helena too, was stunned by the fighting ability of the politician she was up against. She knew she would really have to dig deep to defeat this opponent, but she was much too proud to admit it.

Before the fight could continue, Sophitia Alexandra suddenly appeared in the hallway. She swung her blade in between Helena and Lidia. The sound of steel smashing into the ground startled the two brawling blondes and they paused and took note of Sophitia.

“Whatever is compelling you two to fight amongst yourselves, you must stop at once,” Sophitia pleaded. “The threat we face together is much too dangerous for us to be fighting amongst ourselves.”

Helena slowly stood up straight from her Pigua quan fighting stance, and Lidia lowered her hands.

“What even begat this quarrel?” Sophitia inquired.

“A difference of opinion on how to move forward,” Helena answered as she straightened out some of the hair that had fallen over her face.

“I suppose I am too used to being able to make decisions unilaterally. I am out of practice with compromise,” Lidia admitted. She turned her focus squarely on Helena. “I am willing to do it, as long as my position is heard and considered honestly.”

Helena nodded in agreement. “Of course, Prime Minister. I wonder if it is possible the heavy presence of Soul Edge aboard this ship has affected us all. I will strive harder to not let it influence me.”

Lidia wondered if this was true and also decided to not let her emotions cloud her judgment.

“Very good, now to the heart of the struggle. What are these conflicting ideas?” asked Sophitia.

“Prime Minister Sobieska wants to put our primary focus on tracking down Urien, whereas I want to do that as well as continue hunting down Victor Donovan. You may think I am biased, however it is clear he is courting Soul Edge with the experiments MIST is performing. You saw that monstrosity yourself.  (REF: SOPHITIA ALEXANDRA VS. UNKNOWN) Who knows what other evil he is trying to unleash upon the world. You said Soul Edge feeds off the wickedness and evil of the world, if we don’t stop Donovan now he may lend a hand in making Soul Edge too strong for us to overcome,” Helena reasoned.

Sophitia thought it over for a moment, “I agree. Our focus should be on locating Urien, but it would be wise to cut off any source we can that is feeding into Soul Edge’s power. As long as we can find them.”

At that moment, Zack exited the interrogation room with a big smile on his face. “Hey boss lady, I’ve got great news… I…” Zack looked around. “Am I interrupting something?”

“Go ahead, Zack, what great news could you have possibly received in that room?” Helena inquired.

“Well, I convinced NiCO into giving me Victor Donovan’s location,” Zack announced with pride.

“How did you manage that?” asked Lidia.

“I have my way with the ladies,” Zack said slyly.

“Zack…”

“I promised her a huge chunk of Zack Island to use for her research,” he admitted.

“Hmm, I don’t know if I trust it, but it's worth exploring,” stated Helena. “I will put together a strike team right away.”

“What about Urien?” Lidia reminded the head of DOATEC.

“Is there anyone here other than Vice and Shermie that has information about him?” added Sophitia. (REF: SARAH BRYANT VS. MATURE)

Helena ran through the list of people on her boat in her mind. “Actually, yes there is, Major Guile. He has gone up against Urien and the Secret Society in the World Warrior Tournament I believe.”

Zack winced. “Let’s just hope he is now in a friendlier, more talkative mood.” (REF: ELIOT VS. LEO KLIESEN)

—----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

216831572_zaibatsu(1).jpg.6bc6c999ae90bf1cf575768a26d1410a.jpg

Sogetsu Kazama and his distant relative, Asuka, stood at the imposing entrance of the Mishima Zaibatsu. Asuka was hesitant.

“Are you not ready?” Sogetsu inquired.

“I have a bad feeling about this place,” Asuka replied. “I have managed well so far by not directly confronting him.”

Sogetsu sighed. “As you have repeatedly told me. Yet I wonder, if you are unable to get past that, why have you come with me?”

“There are questions I have about my family, my lineage. And I think you may have many of the answers I am looking for,” responded Asuka.

“Kazuki and I have watched our descendants from afar for centuries, so you are correct,” Sogetsu informed. “However, Kazuki has been watching more closely than I (REF: JIN KAZAMA VS. KAZUKI KAZAMA), so he will probably have more of the answers that you are looking for. Answers you will not receive if we don’t rescue him first. (REF: AYANE VS. ROLENTO) Also, what good are stories about your family if the Kazama bloodline ends here. Which will almost surely be the case if we don’t stop Jin from trying to unleash Soul Edge upon the world. You have seen up close what even a tiny shard of that sword can do.” (REF: ASUKA KAZAMA VS. MAKOTO)

Asuka steeled her nerves. “Okay, let’s do this.”

The duo walked through the door and were almost immediately greeted by two security guards.

“You don’t look like any of the contractors we brought in to fix up the lobby, (REF: ROLENTO VS. BAYMAN) so I’m going to have to ask you to turn around and leave,” announced the first security guard.

“Unless of course you have security passes,” added the second guard.

“We definitely don’t have those,” replied Asuka.

The first security guard then pulled up his gun and pointed at Asuka and Sogetsu. “Then like I said before the two of you need to turn around and exit the building. The Zaibatsu is closed off to visitors.”

Sogetsu scoffed. “I think not.”

Sogetsu conjured a large water bubble that immediately exploded and smashed the two security guards into the wall with rushing water.

“Cool!” Asuka remarked.

Sogetsu smiled. “You like that?”

Asuka quickly regained her focus. “If you want to get to Jin, we are going to have to move quickly. Soon this entire floor is going to be flooded by Tekken Force soldiers.”

“What is the quickest way to get to him?” asked Sogetsu.

“There is a large platform elevator that goes to the top offices. If he is in the building, that is where he’ll be,” Asuka answered.

“For someone who has been actively not confronting Jin, you sure know plenty about this building,” noted Sogetsu. “Lucky for us.”

“Fighters talk a lot in the King of the Iron Fist tournament. I’ve heard stories,” explained Asuka.

Sogetsu and Asuka hurriedly traversed through the bottom floor of the Zaibatsu until they found the platform elevator as alarms began blasting throughout the building. The platform began its ascension while stopping every few floors as Tekken Force soldiers rushed on to the platform to try and stop the progress of the two Kazamas. Sogetsu and Asuka successfully dispatched of each small Tekken Force group with Sogetsu even stopping to briefly admire Asuka’s Kazama style martial arts. 

“Your moves are so fluid and impactful. I can see why you have defeated everyone that you have faced thus far,” he gushed. (REF: LEIFANG VS. ASUKA KAZAMA)

“Thanks.”

After Sogetsu washed away another squadron of Tekken Force soldiers with his water based techniques, the platform finally reached the top floor. There, standing close to the platform was a person who was waiting for the twosome, but it wasn’t Jin Kazama.

The pink haired secret agent, Crimson Viper, chuckled a little to herself as she got her first good luck at the two invaders.

“Looks like I came back just in time for the fun,” she remarked as she tugged on her gloves. (REF: BONNE JENET VS. DARLI DAGGER) “I have to say, Asuka Kazama, you are one of the last people I expected to be involved in a fruitless rush against the Mishima Zaibatsu, but we are in strange times.” C. Viper adjusted her yellow glasses. “And you, I don’t know you. But, your ‘unique’ abilities look like they will make for a dangerous mix with mine.” Electricity sparked from her gloves. “Color me intrigued.”

“I am not here for you,” Sogetsu retorted. “I am here for my brother and to talk to Jin.”

Crimson Viper lifted an eyebrow. “Brother? Even more intriguing.”

“Isn’t there a way we can all just talk about this? Does it have to be a fight?” asked Asuka.

“Afraid so, sweetheart. Jin is occupied right now and he can’t be disturbed,” Viper explained.

Asuka balled up her fist and punched it into her palm. “Then so be it. But don’t say I didn’t give you a chance to avoid this.”

Crimson Viper laughed. “So it is to be you first?”

“That’s right. Sogetsu, go find your brother and Jin. I’ll take care of this lady,” Asuka announced.

Sogetsu walked away from the two women. Viper’s eyes followed him before returning to Asuka.

“Your misguided confidence is going to get you hurt,” she threatened. “And I’m going to have to make this quick so Big Blue doesn’t get too far.”

I might be letting my heart override my head but I just have to back my girl Asuka. Mostly cause I think her being a defensive style fighter will be a very effective counter to Crimson Vipers’s fighting style. I really believe that Asuka’s keep-out game and her great reversals will keep Viper off balance and as long as she can land some heavy punches and kicks then I think she can pull an upset and take down Crimson Viper.

Almost missed this one, too. 

Another good set-up, Johnny. Just as I figured, given the circumstances surrounding Helena's and Lidia's tie, things managed to work themselves out. 

As for the match, I think C. Viper wins this one. Asuka may make her work long enough for Sogetsu to have his talk with Jin, but as the fight stands, it appears that Viper is too powerful for her between her own abilities and battle suit. Asuka's cockiness probably won't help matters, either. 

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.60 - leroypowell3
4.50 - Pizzaguy2995
4.80 - DSkillz

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
13.90 Total Combined Score
13.90 / 3 = 4.63 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Asuka Kazama: 3
Crimson Viper: 4