Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

12:11 - The Mutants (The Dark Knight Returns) vs. Cowboys

UMPIRE

SEASON 12, ROUND 11

The Mutants (The Dark Knight Returns)

Slot: The Team's Cannon Fodder
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about The Mutants (The Dark Knight Returns) at this Wiki
Official Site: DC Comics

Cowboys

Slot: The Team's Cannon Fodder
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Cowboys at this Wiki
Official Site: Public Domain

Battle Terrain
Cannon Fodder Challenge: Medieval Reenactment

Hmmmm... well medieval reenactments require a lot of formations and coordination. Many cowboys were civil war veterans, a civil war formation would be much closer to a medieval one then the mutants could come up with. 

I know it's a stretch, but one has to stretch for this one. 

54 minutes ago, Mercenaryblade said:

Hmmmm... well medieval reenactments require a lot of formations and coordination. Many cowboys were civil war veterans, a civil war formation would be much closer to a medieval one then the mutants could come up with. 

I know it's a stretch, but one has to stretch for this one. 

I buy that actually. 

Plus there is the element of horseriding, which both cowyboys and knights have in common. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/14/2021 at 12:37 PM, Culwych1 said:

I buy that actually. 

Plus there is the element of horseriding, which both cowyboys and knights have in common. 

Again, I don't think horseback riding is a part of many medieval reenactments. Not on the battlefield anyway. There may be a separate jousting thing

5 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Again, I don't think horseback riding is a part of many medieval reenactments. Not on the battlefield anyway. There may be a separate jousting thing

First picture I see on medieval reenactment on wiki is Knights on horses. I went to one recently at a local Palace, and you are right, it was a dedicated area for jousting and stuff.

1 minute ago, Culwych1 said:

First picture I see on medieval reenactment on wiki is Knights on horses. I went to one recently at a local Palace, and you are right, it was a dedicated area for jousting and stuff.

Any picture where people are actively engaging in combat, there are no horses though. It's just people on foot

4 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Any picture where people are actively engaging in combat, there are no horses though. It's just people on foot

So is this challenge about who would be better at a medieval reenactment or who would win a fight during a medieval reenactment battle? (Honestly not sure now)

1 minute ago, Culwych1 said:

So is this challenge about who would be better at a medieval reenactment or who would win a fight during a medieval reenactment battle? (Honestly not sure now)

That's something that has never been clear to me honestly. The picture looks like a reenactment in the modern day, and there's no horses or dead people or anything, so I assume it's the latter

1 hour ago, Peypeypeypey said:

That's something that has never been clear to me honestly. The picture looks like a reenactment in the modern day, and there's no horses or dead people or anything, so I assume it's the latter

Interesting. Happy to go with that then (unless @Fox wants to weigh in). 

It makes it closer. Assuming there is a minimal amount of horse riding, coordination amongst knights, and physical prowess with armour and swords/pikes being main requirements, I'm still leaning slightly towards the cowboys - but keen to hear more about the mutants. 

Horses do get used in some reenactments. 

It's also worth noting that it doesn't say it's a battle just a medieval reenactment. 

Also in spite of what Hollywood shows us a lot of Cowboys came from the First Nations. 

So they are likely more familiar with bows, spears, axes, and even lances than a bunch of sci-fi street punks. 

On 12/16/2021 at 2:28 PM, Culwych1 said:

Interesting. Happy to go with that then (unless @Fox wants to weigh in). 

It makes it closer. Assuming there is a minimal amount of horse riding, coordination amongst knights, and physical prowess with armour and swords/pikes being main requirements, I'm still leaning slightly towards the cowboys - but keen to hear more about the mutants. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combat_reenactment

Medieval Combat Reenactment. 

Quote: Some reenactment battles take the form of a competition, where the two "armies" try to defeat each other within the actions permitted by the combat rules.

The scenario here doesn't provide the exact Combat Rules, besides that it's Medieval period and the contestants will have to use gear from that period. It also doesn't provide a specific historical engagement to reference. It's more of a who would generally be better at this, I suppose.