Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

12:11 - Raccoon City vs. Alan Grant

UMPIRE

SEASON 12, ROUND 11

Raccoon City

Slot: The Team's Location
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Raccoon City at this Wiki
Official Site: Capcom

Alan Grant

Slot: The Team's Survivor
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Alan Grant at this Wiki
Official Site: Universal Studios

Battle Terrain
Sidekick vs. Terrain

Unfortunately Racoon City is just too much for Grant - who is a great character but not in this scenario. 

Firstly he'll have to survive the airborne version of the virus which has a 90% infection rate. 

Then he'll have to avoid the zombies themselves, hundreds of thousands of zombies. 

And of course, if he does try and escape, he may well face a bullet from one of the soldiers trying to keep people in. 

Then of course, we have the classic monsters. These are the irregular mutations (e.g. the zombie dogs, infected crows, web spinners, giant millipedes, brain suckers, infected alligators etc.), as well as the B.O.Ws (bio-organic weapons) like the lickers, the hunters etc. 

Only the immune or those trained in the art of war tended to survive in Racoon City longer than a few hours, and the dino expert is neither. 

21 minutes ago, Culwych1 said:

Unfortunately Racoon City is just too much for Grant - who is a great character but not in this scenario. 

Firstly he'll have to survive the airborne version of the virus which has a 90% infection rate. 

Then he'll have to avoid the zombies themselves, hundreds of thousands of zombies. 

And of course, if he does try and escape, he may well face a bullet from one of the soldiers trying to keep people in. 

Then of course, we have the classic monsters. These are the irregular mutations (e.g. the zombie dogs, infected crows, web spinners, giant millipedes, brain suckers, infected alligators etc.), as well as the B.O.Ws (bio-organic weapons) like the lickers, the hunters etc. 

Only the immune or those trained in the art of war tended to survive in Racoon City longer than a few hours, and the dino expert is neither. 

In order for this to be an environment that a human is capable of surviving 24 hours in, I think he need to assume he's immune. Otherwise everyone would lose by default

Running and hiding from dinos I think would prep Alan for this task. He doesn't have to wipe everything out, he just needs to survive 24 hours. 

He's also shown to be able to defend himself if need be. I'm pretty sure a Spas 12 will somehow end up in his hands. But again, he doesn't need to rambo the city, just survive. 

I also agree we should assume he's immune, as that would just be an auto fail for every contestant. 

1 hour ago, Peypeypeypey said:

In order for this to be an environment that a human is capable of surviving 24 hours in, I think he need to assume he's immune. Otherwise everyone would lose by default

Hmmmm, its a viewpoint but not necessarily one I agree with. A human is capable of surviving 24 hours in this - if they are immune and then manage to escape the zombies, the soldiers, the monsters etc. What we are really debating is the probability that this specific human - Alan Grant - could survive it. The T Virus has a 90% infection rate - so Grant has a 10% chance of surviving that part of the threat. And then we reduce the probability from there. When Alice faced Racoon City she started with 100% as we knew she was immune, and then calculated her skills (which are considerable) and knowledge (again considerable) which allowed her to survive. 

But for the sake of this, let's say he is immune. 

He has survived against a very limited number of dinosaurs, creatures that his unique set of skills helped him to overcome. It is arguable that anyone in the world at that given point of time had more knowledge to survive against those dinosaurs than him. 

However.... this is hordes of zombies, soldiers who are ordered to shoot, monsters that could tear him limb from limb and that have attributes and abilities he could only imagine. 

Even if he is immune, this is so outside of his skillset that there is no way he survives. 

I’m going to say that Grant can survive this for 24 hours of hiding and manage to kill some zombies because even though this is zombies and not dinosaurs he’s still good at survival and make some good tactics in surviving( he can do the same with the other mutations by outsmarting them).

4 hours ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Sorry but to survive this kind of environment you’ll eventually need to fire a gun and Alan’s gun feats are severely lacking right now. So I say he dies.

Not necessarily. In fact firing a gun can bring more attention to you.

And Grant's fired guns before. Just Hollywood made his gun jam at the worst possible moment. 

tumblr_mde90sEuT01qdodo2o1_1280.jpg

4 hours ago, Culwych1 said:

However.... this is hordes of zombies, soldiers who are ordered to shoot, monsters that could tear him limb from limb and that have attributes and abilities he could only imagine. 

Even if he is immune, this is so outside of his skillset that there is no way he survives. 

Nah sounds pretty close to his skillset, raptors, spinos, and Trex wanted to tear him limb from limb. 

He knows predators, and Raccoon city is full of predatory creatures. I think with his prior experiences under his belt he stands a good chance of surviving for at least a day. 

55 minutes ago, Mercenaryblade said:

Nah sounds pretty close to his skillset, raptors, spinos, and Trex wanted to tear him limb from limb. 

He knows predators, and Raccoon city is full of predatory creatures. I think with his prior experiences under his belt he stands a good chance of surviving for at least a day. 

A few dinosaurs isn't really comparable to a whole city of zombies and monsters.

I'm trying to recall how many dangerous dinosaurs Grant has actually encountered, and it can't be more than a handful in total. And that was creatures he knew all about - their hunting patterns, their senses, even their calls and how they communicated with each other.

Hardened military types were taken out in minutes by the monsters and zombies of Racoon City; some of which are beings created and designed to kill which is a million miles away from animals on the hunt.

Remember that some of those creatures even have weapons they fight back with!

49 minutes ago, Mercenaryblade said:

Not necessarily. In fact firing a gun can bring more attention to you.

And Grant's fired guns before. Just Hollywood made his gun jam at the worst possible moment. 

Actually a good point. 

Realistic scenario is that Grant does get a shot or two off, which maybe brings down a couple of zombies. But in a devastated city, those shots are sure to attract the attention of not just more zombies, but the other horrors. 

56 minutes ago, Culwych1 said:

A few dinosaurs isn't really comparable to a whole city of zombies and monsters.

I'm trying to recall how many dangerous dinosaurs Grant has actually encountered, and it can't be more than a handful in total. And that was creatures he knew all about - their hunting patterns, their senses, even their calls and how they communicated with each other.

Hardened military types were taken out in minutes by the monsters and zombies of Racoon City; some of which are beings created and designed to kill which is a million miles away from animals on the hunt.

Remember that some of those creatures even have weapons they fight back with!

Good thing he's not some hardened military type trying to clean out the city, he's a survivor who is going to use his head, lay low and be smart. More than 24 hours I think would be pushing it, but Grant can do a single day I'm really confident there. Meanwhile other people will be fighting and getting the attention of all those said nasty monsters.   

7 hours ago, Mercenaryblade said:

Good thing he's not some hardened military type trying to clean out the city, he's a survivor who is going to use his head, lay low and be smart. More than 24 hours I think would be pushing it, but Grant can do a single day I'm really confident there. Meanwhile other people will be fighting and getting the attention of all those said nasty monsters.   

Unfortunately he is a logical man and a good one, one who is likely to believe both in strength in numbers and that the most secure locations are likely to be the most fortified ones, and he will feel the need to save any stragglers.

That is when he ends up along with a bunch of other people who will be shooting at the zombies and attract attention. And again, hiding in a city with an entire population is not as easy as it seems.

There is a reason that the military types who fight back are the most likely to have the necessary skills to survive.