Slot: The Team's Big Gun
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Supergirl at this Wiki
Official Site: DC Comics

Battle Terrain
Combat Terrain: Misty Mountains

Well Rakai, here's Supergirl's chance to redeem herself.

Personally, I'm liking Supergirl here, as, I am speculating by saying, that Firelord isn't the strongest of the herald's outside of Silver Surfer himself, so I'm thinking that Supergirl might just be able to take it here, if she plays it right and finds a decent way to put him down.

This is what I was waiting for! (I actually wanted the man of steel but same thing)

Firelord is a living sun. Make Human Torch look like a matchstick. Everything a star can do Firelord can do. That means he can radiate red sun radiation. That saps Kryptonians of their power. Kara will be as weak as a normal human. 

21 minutes ago, leroypowell3 said:

This is what I was waiting for! (I actually wanted the man of steel but same thing)

Firelord is a living sun. Make Human Torch look like a matchstick. Everything a star can do Firelord can do. That means he can radiate red sun radiation. That saps Kryptonians of their power. Kara will be as weak as a normal human. 

But how would he know to turn into a red sun? If this is just a random encounter then he wouldn't know anything about her biology or how her powers function!

If he is a living sun, then Kara should be further empowered by him.

Also, wasn't Fire Lord beaten by Spider-Man a few times? I recall a 2012 issue where he was beaten by Spider-Man before Spider-Man was severely burned and taken to a underground criminal medical facility for medical care.

23 minutes ago, leroypowell3 said:

A blatant weakness like red sun radiation wouldn't be that hard to figure out. Firelord doesn't nessessarily have to be in yellow sun mode. I'll admit it would be really bad for him to start out with yellow sun power.

or if he unloads blue sun and supercharges Kara

17 minutes ago, leroypowell3 said:

A blatant weakness like red sun radiation wouldn't be that hard to figure out. Firelord doesn't nessessarily have to be in yellow sun mode. I'll admit it would be really bad for him to start out with yellow sun power.

But Kryptonians don't exist in the Marvel Universe and I doubt he would figure it out so quickly.

For all we know and for all he knows he also runs the risk of turning into a blue sun which would only further empower her.

And even if he did figure it out, Kara still has a yellow sun in the sky to empower her. If she can get some distance, or falls off the cliff to where some sun can hit her, she's empowered again just like that.

Firelord was a soldier before becoming a Herald of Galactus. There's a degree of strategy that would go into his fighting. It's never really demonstrated in the comics because he's like a 'C' character. He can't get his own book but you can't kill him unless it's really significant to a story. He's actually pretty underdeveloped.

30 minutes ago, leroypowell3 said:

Firelord was a soldier before becoming a Herald of Galactus. There's a degree of strategy that would go into his fighting. It's never really demonstrated in the comics because he's like a 'C' character. He can't get his own book but you can't kill him unless it's really significant to a story. He's actually pretty underdeveloped.

And Supergirl has Amazonian training under the guidance of Wonder Woman and the Amazons of Themyscira, we even see her in a sparring match against Artemis, who is considered a very close second to Diana for her approach to combat and relentlessness. Kara Zor-El managed to hold her own before she was disarmed by Artemis in the sparring match, right before Superman came in and interrupted the training. And some time after she was rescued from Apocalypse, she stayed on Paradise Island, hidden in seclusion and likely continued her training with the Amazons. Of course, this is Post-Crisis Supergirl, but that also applies to Rebirth Supergirl since now ALL the canons spanning decades in DC is now canon with Rebirth, Post-Crisis included.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Firelord was beaten by Spider-Man too.

I mean if Spider-Man beat Firelord, then I'm pretty sure Supergirl would have a much better chance.