Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

12:9 - Necrons vs. The Dominion

UMPIRE

SEASON 12, ROUND 9

Necrons

Slot: The Team's Planetary Invasion Force
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Necrons at this Wiki
Official Site: Games Workshop PLC

The Dominion

Slot: The Team's Planetary Invasion Force
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about The Dominion at this Wiki
Official Site: Paramount

Battle Terrain
Alien Invasion: Battleground planet Earth

I’m sticking by my position from last time: the Necrons have greater battle experience, feats, longevity, are willing to commit atrocities far greater then the Dominion could dream of, and their experience in dealing with a shape shifting race plus their unique physiology will allow them to come out on top this time.

35 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

I’m sticking by my position from last time: the Necrons have greater battle experience, feats, longevity, are willing to commit atrocities far greater then the Dominion could dream of, and their experience in dealing with a shape shifting race plus their unique physiology will allow them to come out on top this time.

And I am going to have to once again point out. 

Both are long lived and experienced empires. 

As for feats. The Dominion has been far more successful in terms of conquest and would have been even more so if not for the intervention of God like beings. 

Even when cut off from most there resources by said beings. They fought the combined forces of more then a quarter of the galaxy, nearly to a stand still. 

The Necrons are at best holding there own borders and they don't control the size of territory the Dominion does. 

Not that it's likely to effect the outcome much, but both groups have committed atrocities. 

We have no Canon information on interactions between the Necrons and shape shifters. So we have no idea how well the Necrons can deal with the Changelings. 

The Necrons on the other hand do not really present any new problems for the Dominion. There should be little about them the Dominion hasn't dealt with directly or is well informed about. 

On top of no known contact with shape shifters. The Necrons are not going to have an answer for transporters. 

Neither of course is earth. 

So I'll say what I said last time. Between shape shifting and transporters. 

The Dominion may be be able to win this fight with out firing a shot.

@RiotGear

Well I went into this only intending to post that one comment and moving on, but you my friend have called down the gauntlet and now I gotta reply. Get ready:

1 hour ago, RiotGear said:

Both are long lived and experienced empires.

Uh no. The Dominion is less then 10,000 years old, they are babies compared to the Necrons who have existed for 60,000,000 years!

As for feats. The Dominion has been far more successful in terms of conquest and would have been even more so if not for the intervention of God like beings. 

Even when cut off from most there resources by said beings. They fought the combined forces of more then a quarter of the galaxy, nearly to a stand still. 

The Necrons are at best holding there own borders and they don't control the size of territory the Dominion does.

Conquest isn’t everything dude. And I should mention that the Dominion had the advantage of existing in the Star Trek universe during a time of relative peace and galaxy wide stability. They had years of time to prepare their forces, plant their spies, and learn the tactics and strategies of the other races. If the Federation, Klingons, and Romulans had attacked immediately and with the aim of completely wiping out the Dominion you know that things would have turned out way different for the Doms.

Again the Necrons started out in the 40k canon having just woken up from a million year hibernation, with all their forces scattered and unable to communicate with each other, and with forces like the 40k Space Marines, the Tyranids, and the Orks already at their doorstep wanting to utterly genocide them! And the Necrons absolutely kicked their asses! All three of them! And for this match they’ll actually have ALL their forces at ready.

Really compare the two feats for a second: the Dominion had years of prep time, secret agents planted in key places, and already knew who their opponents were, where they were, and how many forces they had and yet still lost to them. The Necrons had ZERO prep time, only a fraction of their forces ready for combat, and no idea who was attacking them, where they came from or how forces they had and still booted them out of their system!

Not that it's likely to effect the outcome much, but both groups have committed atrocities.

It will in the fact that the Dominion is used to fighting forces like Star Fleet and the Federation who DON’T commit those atrocities! Their used to being the bad guys in their situation, to fighting opponents who do fight war with honor, who won’t sink to the Dominions level and will treat the Doms forces with the respect and dignity of an opposing force even while the Dominion commits war crime after war crime. That’s why they are going to be so utterly shell-shocked by the Necrons! They won’t be ready to fight a force that won’t just sink to their level but go even further! 

Also the Dominion only commit those atrocities when they have to. As bad as they appear to be they are not ultimately evil. If given a choice between totally genocide of another race or totally dominating them, most of the time they’ll pick domination because they do have some morality as a whole. The Necrons will ALWAYS choose genocide over domination because they ARE ultimate evil! They will start the war already knowing they are going to wipe the Doms out to the very last woman and child, and by the time the Dominion realize that it will be too late.

We have no Canon information on interactions between the Necrons and shape shifters. So we have no idea how well the Necrons can deal with the Changelings. 

The Necrons on the other hand do not really present any new problems for the Dominion. There should be little about them the Dominion hasn't dealt with directly or is well informed about. 

On top of no known contact with shape shifters. The Necrons are not going to have an answer for transporters. 

YES THEY DO! The Lacrymoles are a canon race to 40k and the original 40k tabletop game explains exactly what will happen if they tried to infiltrate the Necrons: same as the other races the shapeshifters will be found out and destroyed! Yes every 40k campaign is different, just like say every Mass Effect game is different. But if someone was bringing up Shepard’s feats as having telekinesis (through biotics) would it be fair of me to say that since Shepard wasn’t a biotic in my play through that it’s not canon to list Shepard having TK? No because those feats are part of Mass Effect canon as what would happen if Shepard was a biotic!

Here’s some more food for thought, the Lacrymoles official wiki page does tell of a “canon” encounter between them and the Imperium of Man where the Imperium almost completely genocided the race despite it’s shapeshifting abilities. And if the Imperium could figure out how to figure out how to spot the shapeshifters why can’t the Necrons? They are so much more technologically advanced then the Imperium that many of it’s brightest scientists say the Necrons must be magical because there’s no other way they can explain their technology.

2 hours ago, RiotGear said:

So I'll say what I said last time. Between shape shifting and transporters. 

The Dominion may be be able to win this fight with out firing a shot.

So again I ask you how are the Dominion supposed to do that within the hours it would take the Necrons to conquer the Earth? Modern day humans may be cave men compared to the Dominion but they have cameras and phones everywhere, so you can’t honestly deny that if the Doms tried to rush the job someone could get a pick of them nabbing the world leaders and post it on social media.

11 hours ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

@RiotGear

Well I went into this only intending to post that one comment and moving on, but you my friend have called down the gauntlet and now I gotta reply. Get ready:

Uh no. The Dominion is less then 10,000 years old, they are babies compared to the Necrons who have existed for 60,000,000 years!

Conquest isn’t everything dude. And I should mention that the Dominion had the advantage of existing in the Star Trek universe during a time of relative peace and galaxy wide stability. They had years of time to prepare their forces, plant their spies, and learn the tactics and strategies of the other races. If the Federation, Klingons, and Romulans had attacked immediately and with the aim of completely wiping out the Dominion you know that things would have turned out way different for the Doms.

Again the Necrons started out in the 40k canon having just woken up from a million year hibernation, with all their forces scattered and unable to communicate with each other, and with forces like the 40k Space Marines, the Tyranids, and the Orks already at their doorstep wanting to utterly genocide them! And the Necrons absolutely kicked their asses! All three of them! And for this match they’ll actually have ALL their forces at ready.

Really compare the two feats for a second: the Dominion had years of prep time, secret agents planted in key places, and already knew who their opponents were, where they were, and how many forces they had and yet still lost to them. The Necrons had ZERO prep time, only a fraction of their forces ready for combat, and no idea who was attacking them, where they came from or how forces they had and still booted them out of their system!

It will in the fact that the Dominion is used to fighting forces like Star Fleet and the Federation who DON’T commit those atrocities! Their used to being the bad guys in their situation, to fighting opponents who do fight war with honor, who won’t sink to the Dominions level and will treat the Doms forces with the respect and dignity of an opposing force even while the Dominion commits war crime after war crime. That’s why they are going to be so utterly shell-shocked by the Necrons! They won’t be ready to fight a force that won’t just sink to their level but go even further! 

Also the Dominion only commit those atrocities when they have to. As bad as they appear to be they are not ultimately evil. If given a choice between totally genocide of another race or totally dominating them, most of the time they’ll pick domination because they do have some morality as a whole. The Necrons will ALWAYS choose genocide over domination because they ARE ultimate evil! They will start the war already knowing they are going to wipe the Doms out to the very last woman and child, and by the time the Dominion realize that it will be too late.

YES THEY DO! The Lacrymoles are a canon race to 40k and the original 40k tabletop game explains exactly what will happen if they tried to infiltrate the Necrons: same as the other races the shapeshifters will be found out and destroyed! Yes every 40k campaign is different, just like say every Mass Effect game is different. But if someone was bringing up Shepard’s feats as having telekinesis (through biotics) would it be fair of me to say that since Shepard wasn’t a biotic in my play through that it’s not canon to list Shepard having TK? No because those feats are part of Mass Effect canon as what would happen if Shepard was a biotic!

Here’s some more food for thought, the Lacrymoles official wiki page does tell of a “canon” encounter between them and the Imperium of Man where the Imperium almost completely genocided the race despite it’s shapeshifting abilities. And if the Imperium could figure out how to figure out how to spot the shapeshifters why can’t the Necrons? They are so much more technologically advanced then the Imperium that many of it’s brightest scientists say the Necrons must be magical because there’s no other way they can explain their technology.

So again I ask you how are the Dominion supposed to do that within the hours it would take the Necrons to conquer the Earth? Modern day humans may be cave men compared to the Dominion but they have cameras and phones everywhere, so you can’t honestly deny that if the Doms tried to rush the job someone could get a pick of them nabbing the world leaders and post it on social media.

The Necrons have been asleep for huge chunks of there existence though. 

You don't gain a lot of experience while sleeping. 

Even before there forays into the Alpha and Beta Quadrants. 

The Dominion had conquered the Gamma Quadrant. 

As in they control a Quarter if the Galaxy. 

If the Alpha Quadrant powers had attempted a pre-emptive strike. 

They would have been obliterated. The Dominion would have out numbered the by several orders of magnitude and had weapons that passed threw there shields. 

As I've mentioned before, the Dominion force that fought the Alpha and Beta Quadrant powers nearly to a stand still, was a fraction of there over all force. 

Also said forces were largely united, while the forces the Necron faced never stopped warring with each other. 

The origin of the Dominion is the Founders facing genocidal aggressors and other such groups exist in Star Trek. So no this will not be new for the Dominion. In fact it'll be old hat. 

Also some would argue that death is preferable to subjugation/domination. So I'm not sure who's have the moral high ground there. Though as the Dominion is just fine with genocide, the point is kinda moot. 

Also the Dominions choice to control worlds vs just kill everything is not based on morality, but rather practicality. 

All those worlds and people's provide them with labor and resources. 

Lacrymoles exist in 40k, no argument there, but even you used the word "if". To describe an encounter between the and the Necrons.

As in what would happen if they faced each other. 

Not what happened when they did. Because as far as we know from lore/fluff sources. In other words the true internal story of the universe, they have not met. 

Also the rules for an encounter allow for multiple outcomes. So maybe the Necrons beat the Lacrymoles. Maybe it's the other way around. 

Once again the individual games do not effect the over all Canon of the 'verse. 

Otherwise a Hello Kitty Themed Space Marine chapter is Canon. 

Shepherd has biotics in the lore and cut scenes. 

Necron given time may be able to sort out tracking Lacrymoles or Changelings, but they don't have the time here. 

This is not a single Lacrymole stumbling on to a Necron ship. It's an entire population of shape shifters coordinating there efforts and the efforts of there underlings with the intent to destroy the Necrons. 

Not something the Lacrymoles are known for. 

As for kidnapping and replacing world leaders. A combination of transporters, mind control, holography etc. Will make it super easy barley an inconvenience.

23 hours ago, RiotGear said:

The Necrons have been asleep for huge chunks of there existence though. 

You don't gain a lot of experience while sleeping. 

Even before there forays into the Alpha and Beta Quadrants. 

The Dominion had conquered the Gamma Quadrant. 

As in they control a Quarter if the Galaxy. 

They would have been obliterated. The Dominion would have out numbered the by several orders of magnitude and had weapons that passed threw there shields. 

As I've mentioned before, the Dominion force that fought the Alpha and Beta Quadrant powers nearly to a stand still, was a fraction of there over all force. 

Also said forces were largely united, while the forces the Necron faced never stopped warring with each other. 

The origin of the Dominion is the Founders facing genocidal aggressors and other such groups exist in Star Trek. So no this will not be new for the Dominion. In fact it'll be old hat. 

Also some would argue that death is preferable to subjugation/domination. So I'm not sure who's have the moral high ground there. Though as the Dominion is just fine with genocide, the point is kinda moot. 

Also the Dominions choice to control worlds vs just kill everything is not based on morality, but rather practicality. 

All those worlds and people's provide them with labor and resources. 

Lacrymoles exist in 40k, no argument there, but even you used the word "if". To describe an encounter between the and the Necrons.

As in what would happen if they faced each other. 

Not what happened when they did. Because as far as we know from lore/fluff sources. In other words the true internal story of the universe, they have not met. 

Also the rules for an encounter allow for multiple outcomes. So maybe the Necrons beat the Lacrymoles. Maybe it's the other way around. 

Once again the individual games do not effect the over all Canon of the 'verse. 

Otherwise a Hello Kitty Themed Space Marine chapter is Canon. 

Shepherd has biotics in the lore and cut scenes. 

Necron given time may be able to sort out tracking Lacrymoles or Changelings, but they don't have the time here. 

This is not a single Lacrymole stumbling on to a Necron ship. It's an entire population of shape shifters coordinating there efforts and the efforts of there underlings with the intent to destroy the Necrons. 

Not something the Lacrymoles are known for. 

As for kidnapping and replacing world leaders. A combination of transporters, mind control, holography etc. Will make it super easy barley an inconvenience.

Okay let me make a long story short: do the Doms intend on transporting and mind controlling every one of the thousands of folks online who watched them abduct their leader on their live stream? Because at least half the world leaders will have at least several paparazzis and Streamers videoing them 24 hours a day. You thinking the Doms can transport them and mind control all of them in a few hours? Sorry but I think your talking out your ass on this one slick.

Heck on that note how exactly would the Doms be able to infiltrate the Necrons in the first place for that matter? Need I remind you that it took the Dominion years to plant a handful of their agents in the Alpha and Beta Quadrant powers and even then more then a few of them were found out during that period and that was during a time of peace when the Changelings would be allowed to more freely move around and learn the customs and culture of the faction they were infiltrating. In this scenario the Necrons will be starting as hostile immediately and will be shooting to kill them every time they meet. How in the heck will the changelings be able to learn their customs and mannerisms to pose as them when they won’t be to learn ANYTHING about them other then they want the Dominion destroyed?

As I mentioned in our last match, the Necrons can easily just shoot each in the chest and see for themselves whether one of their numbers is a changeling or not. On top of the changelings silver interiors giving them away, their’s no way they would know that the Necrons can self repair from almost all forms of wounds and would freak out once another Necron shoots them and will only further blow their cover with their panicking.

23 hours ago, RiotGear said:

That is utterly false and you know it RiotGear. I read the Dominion’s history on the  Memory Alpha wiki page and it says outright that during the Dominions first contact and war with the Federation, Klingons and Romulans they lost that war fairly and were forced to surrender. If the Feds, Klings, and Romuls wanted to they could have destroyed the Doms then and there, so again they only survived because they existed in a universe where justice and good will exists. So again, they will NOT be prepared for the type of war the Necrons are bringing. They will not be able to surrender or negotiate with them.

Edit: Honestly I really shouldn’t be letting you bait me like this. Neither of the combatants are mine so all I’m really doing is doing someone else’s job for them. So I guess this’ll be my final point, so ciao. 

43 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Edit: Honestly I really shouldn’t be letting you bait me like this. Neither of the combatants are mine so all I’m really doing is doing someone else’s job for them. So I guess this’ll be my final point, so ciao. 

I really don't have anything else to say your debates have taken all of my talking points already. 

1 hour ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Okay let me make a long story short: do the Doms intend on transporting and mind controlling every one of the thousands of folks online who watched them abduct their leader on their live stream? Because at least half the world leaders will have at least several paparazzis and Streamers videoing them 24 hours a day. You thinking the Doms can transport them and mind control all of them in a few hours? Sorry but I think your talking out your ass on this one slick.

Heck on that note how exactly would the Doms be able to infiltrate the Necrons in the first place for that matter? Need I remind you that it took the Dominion years to plant a handful of their agents in the Alpha and Beta Quadrant powers and even then more then a few of them were found out during that period and that was during a time of peace when the Changelings would be allowed to more freely move around and learn the customs and culture of the faction they were infiltrating. In this scenario the Necrons will be starting as hostile immediately and will be shooting to kill them every time they meet. How in the heck will the changelings be able to learn their customs and mannerisms to pose as them when they won’t be to learn ANYTHING about them other then they want the Dominion destroyed?

As I mentioned in our last match, the Necrons can easily just shoot each in the chest and see for themselves whether one of their numbers is a changeling or not. On top of the changelings silver interiors giving them away, their’s no way they would know that the Necrons can self repair from almost all forms of wounds and would freak out once another Necron shoots them and will only further blow their cover with their panicking.

That is utterly false and you know it RiotGear. I read the Dominion’s history on the  Memory Alpha wiki page and it says outright that during the Dominions first contact and war with the Federation, Klingons and Romulans they lost that war fairly and were forced to surrender. If the Feds, Klings, and Romuls wanted to they could have destroyed the Doms then and there, so again they only survived because they existed in a universe where justice and good will exists. So again, they will NOT be prepared for the type of war the Necrons are bringing. They will not be able to surrender or negotiate with them.

I'm not sure what live stream your talking about. Most world leaders are not under constant live stream by the general population. Most work largely in private out of view it's safer that way. 

This would definitely be the case with alien fleets hanging in orbit. Most leaders would end up in bunkers with a small entourage. Safer against conventional opponents, but easy pickens for transporters. 

Let me be blunt Pizzaguy, have you watched DS9? 

Because it was not "fair fight". The intervention of the prophets not only disappeared a whole Dominion fleet, but also bought the Alpha Quadrant powers the needed time to regroup and block the wormhole, which was the Dominions way into the Quadrant. 

After that the Dominion was cut off from the bulk of there forces and resources. They still held off the Alpha Quadrant powers. For years. Granted they had the help of some third rate local powers, but those powers were also a fraction of a fraction the size of the Dominion proper. 

This is the first engagement of the war 

The Odyssey is a Galaxy class starship a top of the line ship for the Federation. 

The Jem'Hadar ships are there generic mass produced fighters. 

Still the Jem'Hadar suffer no real damage untile they sacrifice a ship to make a point. 

So no if the Federation had tried to invade the Dominion it would have gotten curb stomped. 

You can see in the clip that in the beginning. Dominion weapons nearly ignored Federation shields. 

In fact this is what happened when the Alpha Quadrant powers tried to attack the Dominion early on. 

Yes there are tricks and infiltration involved. To get everyone in position, but the ship to ship combat is still mass produced expendable Jem'Hadar fighters mowing down top of the line Cardassian and Romulan ships. 

Ships I'll remind you that were in the process of destroying a planet.

In short I have no idea where you got the idea that the Alpha Quadrant powers could have invaded the Dominion or for that matter won the war in question with out what amounted to devine intervention.

But what good would infiltrating the Earth governments do? Against Necrons all of Earth's military would fall as fast as the Earth to the Combine in HalfLife. The Seven hour war is pretty much all we'd get if we were lucky. So why would the founders infiltrate a doomed planet? 

10 minutes ago, RiotGear said:

Good job, Pizzaguy. 

Especially arguing against a franchise you clearly have limited knowledge of. 

Hey I’ll have you know I did hours of research on the Star Trek universe before I posted each of my arguments. I challenge you to find any point I made that was technically wrong or not factually accurate. Look I’m not saying I grew up with Star Trek but I feel like I did my research and analytics fairly and reasonably.

14 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Hey I’ll have you know I did hours of research on the Star Trek universe before I posted each of my arguments. I challenge you to find any point I made that was technically wrong or not factually accurate. Look I’m not saying I grew up with Star Trek but I feel like I did my research and analytics fairly and reasonably.

Let's start with claim ( that also doubled as an accusation of dishonesty on my part ) that Dominion ( and there allies ) lost clean to the Federation/Klingon/Romulan Alliance vs losing to said Alliance due to what amounted to devine intervention on the part of Prophets and an assist from the Cardassians as well as arguably the Bajorans and Ferengi.

13 minutes ago, RiotGear said:

Let's start with claim ( that also doubled as an accusation of dishonesty on my part ) that Dominion ( and there allies ) lost clean to the Federation/Klingon/Romulan Alliance vs losing to said Alliance due to what amounted to devine intervention on the part of Prophets and an assist from the Cardassians as well as arguably the Bajorans and Ferengi.

Okay I guess I do owe you an apology for accusing you of dishonestly, I didn’t mean for it to come across as you purposely lying, I’d never accuse you of something like that. So I’m very sorry for that.

Look all I’m saying is that I looked up the history of the Dominion’s first contact with the Federation and others and I didn’t see any mention of the Prophets being apart of the first war. Here’s a screenshot of the Memory Alpha wiki describing the conflict:

20D52931-0A24-4B7A-AD8B-ED61030912E0.thumb.jpeg.3e2488e90bafcf60a34c6f7083fc913f.jpeg

Maybe there was more to it then what was written down in the wiki article, but this is where I got the information that the Dominion lost fairly to the other powers. And since I never watched Star Trek this is where I base most of my arguments on.

31 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Okay I guess I do owe you an apology for accusing you of dishonestly, I didn’t mean for it to come across as you purposely lying, I’d never accuse you of something like that. So I’m very sorry for that.

Look all I’m saying is that I looked up the history of the Dominion’s first contact with the Federation and others and I didn’t see any mention of the Prophets being apart of the first war. Here’s a screenshot of the Memory Alpha wiki describing the conflict:

20D52931-0A24-4B7A-AD8B-ED61030912E0.thumb.jpeg.3e2488e90bafcf60a34c6f7083fc913f.jpeg

Maybe there was more to it then what was written down in the wiki article, but this is where I got the information that the Dominion lost fairly to the other powers. And since I never watched Star Trek this is where I base most of my arguments on.

So here is the description of the episode where the Prophets wipe out a Dominion fleet, changing the tide of the war.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Sacrifice_of_Angels_(episode)

So yeah there's more to it then what was written in the wiki. 

That was kind of my point here. You are going completely off the cliff notes. 

It's also worth mentioning. That I referenced the intervention of the Prophets several times. 

You chose not to look into it. 

That said even the brief summary above mentions the Cardassian uprising, which also facilitated the Federation Alliance victory. 

And the article above about "Sacrifice of Angels" discusses the involvement of Cardassian, Bajoran, and Ferengi resistance forces/terrorists.