Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Red Sonja at this Wiki
Official Site: Roy Thomas

Battle Terrain
Battle Terrain: Tiny Island

24 minutes ago, Mercenaryblade said:

This would be a fun crossover actually! 

I agree. I'd like to see it.

We need to consider Red Sonja's incredible archery skills. Bow and arrows is part of her standard kit, and she is regularly shown in her comics using archery feats.

If things get up close and personal, then it just gets worse for Jonah.

First things first. Both of these characters have demonstrated great senses and tracking skills.

So given the starting proximity to each other means they are going to know where each other are regardless of sight lines.

That said they are still likely to exchange fire at a distance. 

Hex with his guns and like Fox suggested Sonja with her bow, the problem is bullets are faster then arrows. 

That established Hex can deflect bullets. 

3379853-img_0444%5B1%5D.png

So arrows shouldn't be an issue to avoid while, I don't think we've seen anything to suggest that Sonja can dodge bullets.

Hex is a fast draw expert so when these two a bead on each other Hex is likely to shoot first.

So not only is he good to shoot first and his projectile is faster, but he's got more of a chance avoiding arrows then Sonja does bullets.

Even if some how he doesn't quickdraw and fill'er full'a lead at 20ft. He is still an accomplished fighter who has defeated whole groups in close combat. 

With his reflexes and toughness. Taking his sabre and tomahawk against her sword and shield is completely do able. 

1 hour ago, RiotGear said:

Even if some how he doesn't quickdraw and fill'er full'a lead at 20ft. He is still an accomplished fighter who has defeated whole groups in close combat. 

With his reflexes and toughness. Taking his sabre and tomahawk against her sword and shield is completely do able. 

Hah, Jonah doesn't stand a chance up-close against Sonja. She's one of the better melee combatants in comics. It looks like Hex has a good shot from a distance, though. 

I will note that it's kind of ridiculous that Sonja's unbeaten in her history in the Drafts so far.

3 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Hah, Jonah doesn't stand a chance up-close against Sonja. She's one of the better melee combatants in comics. It looks like Hex has a good shot from a distance, though. 

I will note that it's kind of ridiculous that Sonja's unbeaten in her history in the Drafts so far.

She may be, but Hex has out fought Batman up close 

And is fast enough to shoot him at a distance.

2 hours ago, RiotGear said:

The scans you posted are kinda misleading RiotGear. In the first one Jonah needed Scalphunters help to take out Bats. In the next two Bats was already weakened from a prior fight and Jonah had the drop on him.

But I do agree that Jonah would likely win against Sonja. He’ll fill her full of lead before she can blink. Maybe if she can get close she’d have a chance but Jonah’s an expert at tracking and he has super alert senses so I doubt she’ll have a chance to close the distance. 

1 hour ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

The scans you posted are kinda misleading RiotGear. In the first one Jonah needed Scalphunters help to take out Bats. In the next two Bats was already weakened from a prior fight and Jonah had the drop on him.

But I do agree that Jonah would likely win against Sonja. He’ll fill her full of lead before she can blink. Maybe if she can get close she’d have a chance but Jonah’s an expert at tracking and he has super alert senses so I doubt she’ll have a chance to close the distance. 

Yes and no, 

In the first one Batman is not 100%, but Jonah already has Batman down and in position to snap his neck when. Scalphunter steps in.

Even weakend Batman is a top notch fighter. So Hex gaining the dominate position in fight against him speaks volumes for Jonah's martial prowess.

In the scans where he shoots Batman. Again yes Batman is weakend.

But Jonah's standing in front of him and gives warning by saying draw. Before he draws and shoots.

So it's not like it's an ambush or sucker punch.

So I'm not sure what you mean when you say Hex got the drop on him.

2 hours ago, RiotGear said:

She has a loss to Emma Peel in season 4. 

She tied with Punisher this season, not a loss, but also not a win.

Heh, I knew about the tie with Frank, but I forgot about the Emma loss (whic is weird because I even commented on that match). 

Sonja does still have a nice streak going without a loss, though, considering some of her competition.

4 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Heh, I knew about the tie with Frank, but I forgot about the Emma loss (whic is weird because I even commented on that match). 

Sonja does still have a nice streak going without a loss, though, considering some of her competition.

Yeah her streak is great. 

She's got 10 wins, 1 loss, and 1 tie.

Interestingly Hex hasn't done bad for him self in Draft matches either with 6 wins and 1 loss.

It kinda makes me wonder which character has the best average, most wins etc over all in the draft matches.

Going to drop this here to 

https://www.google.com/search?q=jonah+hex+vs+rattlesnake&client=ms-android-motorola-rvo3&prmd=ivnx&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwic_pGG_bf0AhUhFjQIHc4DAGUQ_AUoAXoECAIQAQ&biw=412&bih=780&dpr=1.75#imgrc=ikBqm-iafAV1RM

This is Hex waking up to a rattlesnake lunging at him and still drawing and shooting fast enough to hit it before it bites him.

He does so only half conscious and he starts while the snake is mid lunge.

This is some thing we don't see from Sonja. Don't get me wrong she is fast and has great reflexes, but we don't see this kind of draw speed from her. 

She is not a quick draw. She can respond to fast moving objects, but we've never seen her pull her bow and shoot in less time then it takes a lunging rattlesnake to cover less then a foot. 

At a distance this matters. It means Hex can end this before she can even think about closing the distance.

https://www.google.com/search?q=jonah+hex+respect+thread+reflexes&client=ms-android-motorola-rvo3&prmd=isvxn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi-_Ye6xrj0AhX9Mn0KHafnC_8Q_AUoAXoECAIQAQ&biw=412&bih=780&dpr=1.75#imgrc=95hdE-HvFSNfRM

Or this one where the other guys has his finger on the trigger and his rifle almost aimed, before Hex starts to pull his gun. 

Still Jonah draws his guns and shoots before the soldier can finish. 

We can see how the creators chose to show the speed difference too. The other soldier gets the lines that follow his rifle to show movement. Hex on the other hand is fast enough. His gun just appears in his hand.