Slot: The Team's Corporate Mascot
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Dig 'em Frog at this Wiki
Official Site: Kellogg's

Battle Terrain
Marketing Challenge: Bic Disposable Underwear

Even though McDonald's hasn't used Ronald much in ads recently, he's still a bigger name and used more frequently than Dig 'em. I like the clown's odds here.

I think Dig ‘Em is going to be WAY less of a turn off for consumers than Ronald. Ronald is a creepy clown, putting that in underwear is a disaster. Plus, Ronald is pretty closely associated with kids (Ronald McDonald hospitals, Ronald McDonald playpalace, etc) so I think that be entirely problematic in their advertising.

A cartoon, on the other hand, is much more versatile with something like underwear. It’s pretty easy to make a funny ad with a cartoon getting knocked into their underwear. I think Dig ‘Em is a much better option. Nobody is buying clown underwear, cartoon frog underwear is at least something you could sell.

3 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Even though McDonald's hasn't used Ronald much in ads recently, he's still a bigger name and used more frequently than Dig 'em. I like the clown's odds here.

This is another reason why I don't put stock in how popular they currently are. Ronald McDonald was quietly but officially retired a few years back, for a variety of reasons. More info here.

Because Mascots are so often retired or changed, it's not really fair to older ones to say that a current one is popular at the moment, therefore it should automatically win.

In any case, I think the Dig Em Frog and Ronald both appeal to similar demographics. I'm not sure who to back here 

The product is disposable underwear and pantyhose.

The demographic that Bic originally uncovered that would purchase this product is unknown to me.  So I'm not going to make a presumption about age or any tendency said demographic may or may not have to shart themselves.

So, I'm left with who needs disposable underwear and which mascot sells it.

I'm saying in this match the target demo is younger - hook-up culture and party people. Disposable underwear could be a thing.  And of the two mascots, I'm going the younger and hipper Dig-Em.  The frog looks like he's ready to hit a Rave and need a change of undies.