The Leprechaun: 0

Rumble 20545 Team Fortress 2 vs. Inhumanoids
MATCH SCORE
Team Fortress 2: 0
Inhumanoids: 3

Match 17485 Ioz vs. Ren

leroypowell3

Dark Water series part 3

Tula surprised even herself fending off Zarana. She had created yet another deadly enemy. Someday, Zartan would be coming after her. Right now though, she had to make sure she got away from Torchwick.

She didn’t know if he had finished off the Dredknocks yet so there was no way to know if his pursuit was close or not. Getting out of the area was the imperative.

Sure that she wasn’t followed, Tula went back to the RLS Legacy.

Captain Amelia was already there having ventured out for he own interests. She was strolling the deck as if mulling over something troublesome.

“Hello dear.” the cat woman smiled. “Your friend is getting up and about quite well. I think she wants to go ashore.”

“That’s not a good idea.” Tula growled.

“I agree.” Amelia nodded.

“Are we casting off soon?” asked Tula.

Amelia snorted. “No some of the bloats decided to take an unapproved leave.”

The little time Tula got to know Amelia’s crew, she knew exactly who the ringleader was.

“Ioz.”

Amelia hissed. “Don’t worry, Tula. When they come back I’m going to cut his legs off and hang his torso on the flag post.”

Of course she didn’t mean that. She loved Ioz like a brother. That’s why he always got away with this crap.

“I’ll leave you to that.” Tula resounded. “I’m going to go and visit Kida.”

Amelia reached out apologetically. “That’s not a possibility right now.”

Tulu, again knew exactly what that meant and who to blame for it.

“Oh no. Do not tell me.”

“They took Kida with them.”

Two seconds of build and then Tula screamed at the top of her lungs.

“IOZ!”

Ioz smiled heartily as he guzzled down his beer.

“Ah, now that’s some good beer.” He had a whole six pack in his grip. The one he was drinking was an extra; ‘for the road’.

The Australian big cities were nice for docking but venturing into the smaller suburbs a man could find some real out the way enjoyment.

Dragging the junior crew along was, well- a drag- but if he had gone alone, Captain Amelia might have left him there for a month just to teach him a lesson.

For all his shortcomings, Ioz wasn’t a monster. Sure he was a scoundrel. He had a lust for money. He liked violence. He had a filthy sense of humor. But innocents were not fair game. More accurately, those who couldn’t defend themselves. There was a cap on how far his underhanded deeds went. He respected men of honor even if he wasn’t one.

No one knew the backstory of how Ioz came to serve on Amelia’s ship. For all his disrespect of women he followed her orders. He never crossed her. Perhaps she saved his life in some way and he owed her. Or maybe Amelia was just one of those honorable people that he respected- woman or not.

The cohorts for this particular outing, were Soka- a teeneaged boy from the Water Bender Tribe out of Asia. He was simple enough. Young guy who couldn’t water bend, looking for adventure to prove himself.

Sokka had the hots for Moana- a Polynesian girl who joined Amelia’s crew just a year ago while on an adventure of her own. Evidently, she got distracted and never completed her mission. Probably better not to go back home unsuccessful.

Spike; a young mutant who couldn’t hack it at Xavier’s institute. Nuff said there.

Snow White, a girl too sweet for her own good. But she could cook and clean and easy on the eyes. Her most prominent contribution was her way with the mystery girl, Kida.

This one came along with Tula who had delivered her out of Bloth’s clutches. Nobody knew what kind of language Kida spoke but she connected deeply with Snow White. It was Snow White who learned Kida’s name. She arranged for Kida’s comforts aboard the RLS Legacy. And she kept the boys away. Kida was sexy.

Although Ioz had seen it, he wanted to test Spike and Sokka too see if they would catch it.

“Ioz, I think we’re being followed.” Moana said softly to him.

“We are.” he glared at Spike and Sokka.

“I saw it.” Sokka sputtered. “I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t mistaken before I alarmed everybody.”

“Mm hm.” Ioz grumbled.

Spike was honest. “I didn’t even notice.”

The secret out, their pursuers revealed themselves.

An exotic looking young man came into view. He was in front.

Behind them two more men emerged.

“And who might you be?” Ioz asked coolly.

“I’m Ren- Prince of Octopon. You’ll release Kida to me.”

“I don’t think so, boy.” attitude dripped from Ioz’s tone.

“That was your chance to cooperate.” Ren sneered. “Now we’re going to have to resort to violence.”

Fight Parameters:

For the sake of a getting a record, I’m limiting this to Ioz vs. Ren.

Good set-up, leroy. Between this and the Tula/Zarana match, it looks like you're getting a good arc in place. Glad I caught this one on time, at least. 

As for the match, as I mentioned in your last match, it's been a long time since I've seen Pirates of Dark Water. I kinda remember Ren being the quick and smart type of fighter, but I also remember that Ioz was a strong, experienced fighter in his own right. I'm not sure who'd win in a brawl, but I'd have to imagine they would start working together (just like in the series) before things got too serious.