Slot: The Team's Survivor
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Alexa "Lex" Woods at this Wiki
Official Site: Twentieth Century Fox

Battle Terrain
Sidekick vs. Terrain

I didn't know she was here.  Sana Lathan is so phine but she's trifflin' according to tabloids. ANYWAY.

So if you've never seen the movie the Poseidon is a cruise ship that gets capsized (turned upside down) and the survivors have to navigate their way to safety.

I'm not sure how to treat the Poseidon here.

Because if I remember right in the movie it sank in less than 24 hours.

Meaning it doesn't meet the slot requirement of not being completely unsurvivable by a human-ish contender.

Unless we count surviving in a life boat/piece ( such as floating on a door or table ) of the ship or even on the surface of the water it used to occupy.

If a human has to stay in the ship when it sinks. I can't see survivors surviving, but if that's the case the Poseidon should lose via DQ for not qualified for this slot.

So the question becomes how do treat this scenario?

50 minutes ago, RiotGear said:

I'm not sure how to treat the Poseidon here.

Because if I remember right in the movie it sank in less than 24 hours.

Meaning it doesn't meet the slot requirement of not being completely unsurvivable by a human-ish contender.

Unless we count surviving in a life boat/piece ( such as floating on a door or table ) of the ship or even on the surface of the water it used to occupy.

If a human has to stay in the ship when it sinks. I can't see survivors surviving, but if that's the case the Poseidon should lose via DQ for not qualified for this slot.

I have had the opportunity to watch The Poseidon Adventure more than once.

Why? Because yer boi Fox is old and pre-dates cable. He comes from a world which only had the four channels of Network TV and they showed this fairly regularly.

Actually, Fox remembers a world before video games, too. That's right, Fox pre-dates Pong! Yer boi Fox is old so don't be dissin' him for retiring :)

But I digress.

IMO it's just a matter of getting to the rescue team and taking it easy for the remaining time. Earnest Borgnine survives the ship. Red Buttons survives the ship! (Sadly, Shelly Winters does not survive the ship). The ship is very dangerous, but it is survivable. The challenge seems to be can they get past the hard part to the rescue team.

4 minutes ago, Fox said:

IMO it's just a matter of getting to the rescue team and taking it easy for the remaining time. Earnest Borgnine survives the ship. Red Buttons survives the ship! (Sadly, Shelly Winters does not survive the ship). The ship is very dangerous, but it is survivable. The challenge seems to be can they get past the hard part to the rescue team.

Wow you are a Silver Fox lol. I was only familiar with the 2006 version with Josh Lucas, Kurt Russell and Emmy Rossum.

1 hour ago, RiotGear said:

Well the ocean is as much a part of the scenario’s “terrain” as the ship is right? If she could make it through the ships many dangerous trails and reach the surface she could easily find a discarded lifeboat or other floating part of the ship and drift there for the remaining 24 hours. That’s doable right?

Now the real debate will be whether she could survive the journal through the upturn ship. I’ll have to rewatch some clips of the 2006 and 1972 on YouTube before I make my judgement.

Hmmm. Alexa was a pretty tough character and is able to survive in some of Earth's harshest terrains. With the Posieden, it is a race against time where the ship is sinking and upside down. 

Right now I'm peaning toward Posieden. Not that I'm saying the events of AVP is more or less dangerous, but I don't know if the skills that she displayed would work in that situation. But I will see what others say 

Poseidon Adventure is a great location pick. Goes against the skill sets of most of the survivors people have picked. Nice choice.

As someone who's seen both 2006's Poseidon and a good chunk of 1972's The Poseidon Adventure, I can tell you right off the bat that surviving the travails of either film is generally not a one-person job.

Not sure I like Alexa's odds here.

18 hours ago, Fox said:

I have had the opportunity to watch The Poseidon Adventure more than once.

Why? Because yer boi Fox is old and pre-dates cable. He comes from a world which only had the four channels of Network TV and they showed this fairly regularly.

Actually, Fox remembers a world before video games, too. That's right, Fox pre-dates Pong! Yer boi Fox is old so don't be dissin' him for retiring :)

But I digress.

I see the disconnect. The character profile for the Poseidon connects to the wiki about the 2006 movie, not the 72 one.

And in the '06 version the ships sinks shortly after the survivors escape. It does this in a matter of hours.

Meaning if we put the survivor on the ship at the beginning of the disaster. They'd technically have to survive underwater for the bulk of the required 24 hours.

And that seemed like the sort of unavoidable death location. You didn't want this draft.

In the '72 version on the other hand the ship stays afloat long enough for a salvage team to explore in the sequel.

Maybe someday I'll watch the original all the way through. I caught bits and pieces of it on the five channels I got as a kid, but I don't think I ever saw it all the way threw. :)

Well... everybody argued for me. Thanks. I was looking at this and Towering Inferno (gotta get that in the database too). A lot of those disaster movies would be cool to pit normal people. 

For this, yeah DSkillz got it right. Poseidon is a team survivor scenario. Lex might be able to get some unnamed people out but this challenge is just her.