Colossus vs. Strong Guy
MATCH SCORE
Colossus: 5
Strong Guy: 1

Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

12:4 - Swarm vs. Rhino

UMPIRE

SEASON 12, ROUND 4

Swarm

Slot: The Team's Worst Villain
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Swarm at this Wiki
Official Site: Marvel Comics

Rhino

Slot: The Team's Worst Villain
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Rhino at this Wiki
Official Site: Marvel Comics

Battle Terrain
Escape Arkham

30 minutes ago, RiotGear said:

Is there anything in Arkham to stop Rhino from simply running through the nearest wall?

It's largely just a brick and metal building with an iron/brick fence.

Yes, actually. There's a few villains there that can go up against Rhino no problem such as Bane, Poison Ivy and even K.G.Beast at one point. Though I think the question is would they even care enough to stop him?

13 minutes ago, Gizmo Hibiki said:

Yes, actually. There's a few villains there that can go up against Rhino no problem such as Bane, Poison Ivy and even K.G.Beast at one point. Though I think the question is would they even care enough to stop him?

I don't agree with that. Rhino, and all Spidey villains, are physically a good bit stronger than Batman's rogue gallery. Someone like Bane could maybe win with prep and by fighting very smart, but no one would be able to physically match Rhino at all

24 minutes ago, Gizmo Hibiki said:

I see no reason why the other inmates would try and stop him.

Even if they wanted to with out prep and gear non of those mentioned above could physically detain him.

Rhino is strong enough to tussle with Hulk, overpower Spider-Man, one shot trains, and punch Nova into orbit.

He is also fast enough to land blows on Spider-Man and run down a train.

Again with prep and the right kit Bane or Ivy could win a fight.

They are not stopping him mid charge as he smashes his way out of Arkham though.

I do not doubt that, as others have mentioned, Rhino could just charge the nearest wall and keep going to freedom.

FREEEEEDOOOOM!

However, by the same token, what's to keep Swarm who is just a collection of bees from flying out as well.  I mean, he is technically intangible as he is made up of small individual insects that can go their own way.

27 minutes ago, Fox said:

I do not doubt that, as others have mentioned, Rhino could just charge the nearest wall and keep going to freedom.

FREEEEEDOOOOM!

However, by the same token, what's to keep Swarm who is just a collection of bees from flying out as well.  I mean, he is technically intangible as he is made up of small individual insects that can go their own way.

The guards could at least theoretically stop or slow down Swarm though. There are ways they could try and slow down a large mass of bees. They have literally no way to even try to stop Rhino

10 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

The guards could at least theoretically stop or slow down Swarm though. There are ways they could try and slow down a large mass of bees. They have literally no way to even try to stop Rhino

"Theoretically" is the key word in that view.

There are youtube videos out there showing people being attacked by bee swarms. I would urge you to go take a look because people do not behave in those situations the way you seem to imagine they do.  People run for their lives, pretty much.

Ain't no guard going to be trying to stop that.

So Arkham is presumably hardened in places to keep the likes of Bane, Killer Croc, and other heavy hitters from just blasting through the walls. That being said I think swarm has a better chance flying through the airducts or something where as everyone would expect Rhino to bust out.

3 hours ago, Fox said:

FREEEEEDOOOOM!

Arkham is normally portrayed as having sealed cells, not jail bars.

So while bees should be able to find a way to squeeze through, they still have to find that way.

Where as Rhino just has to pick a direction and go.

Also once the bees are out of there cell they are still going to have to follow the architecture of the asylum, to some degree. 

That is going to take the Swarm a little bit as they don't now the layout.

Rhino doesn't have to worry about the layout at all.

I would also expect Arkham to have lock down doors/gates etc that are going to slow down bees as they find there way around/through.

On top of all that. Things like pepper spray and tear gas are actually toxic to bees. So the guards may well have a way to bring them down. Infact activating the fire suppression systems would do a number on bees as well.

Speed is also good to factor in Rhino can keep pace with trains. That tend to go between 80-100mph where as the flight speed for bees is about 20mph.

In other words Rhino is faster and has fewer true obstacles to work around.

1 hour ago, RiotGear said:

Arkham is normally portrayed as having sealed cells, not jail bars.

So while bees should be able to find a way to squeeze through, they still have to find that way.

Where as Rhino just has to pick a direction and go.

Also once the bees are out of there cell they are still going to have to follow the architecture of the asylum, to some degree. 

That is going to take the Swarm a little bit as they don't now the layout.

Rhino doesn't have to worry about the layout at all.

I would also expect Arkham to have lock down doors/gates etc that are going to slow down bees as they find there way around/through.

On top of all that. Things like pepper spray and tear gas are actually toxic to bees. So the guards may well have a way to bring them down. Infact activating the fire suppression systems would do a number on bees as well.

Speed is also good to factor in Rhino can keep pace with trains. That tend to go between 80-100mph where as the flight speed for bees is about 20mph.

In other words Rhino is faster and has fewer true obstacles to work around.

I don't disagree with this analysis. Arkham doesn't seem designed to hold a characters like either Rhino or Swarm.

It's really just a matter of which character is speedier on getting out. Depending on how close Swarm is positioned to reaching open sky, it might just be Swarm. But Rhino does have a history of crashing out of situations like this.

I guess I'd give the edge to Rhino 7 out of 10 but I think a vote either way is valid.

4 hours ago, Mercenaryblade said:

So Arkham is presumably hardened in places to keep the likes of Bane, Killer Croc, and other heavy hitters from just blasting through the walls. That being said I think swarm has a better chance flying through the airducts or something where as everyone would expect Rhino to bust out.

What heavy hitters have been held in Arkham?

People like Bane are nowhere near Rhinos weight class.

Even Croc should be a couple of tiers below him strength wise. As Rhino has consistently shown the ability to hang with people like Hulk and Thing, even Juggernaut under the right circumstances.

9 hours ago, RiotGear said:

What heavy hitters have been held in Arkham?

People like Bane are nowhere near Rhinos weight class.

Even Croc should be a couple of tiers below him strength wise. As Rhino has consistently shown the ability to hang with people like Hulk and Thing, even Juggernaut under the right circumstances.

Solomon Grundy has been held in Arkham for a bit. So if he can be contained at least for a bit, then yeah they'd be prepped for Rhino.  

9 hours ago, Mercenaryblade said:

Solomon Grundy has been held in Arkham for a bit. So if he can be contained at least for a bit, then yeah they'd be prepped for Rhino.  

Was Grundy held in Arkham in the comics or was it just the games?

Regardless the measures to hold Grundy/Rhino are going to be a lot more specialized with a lot more potential for failure then those needed to contain Swarm.

For whom you'd need a box, maybe a good sized rubber made tote.

Heck if his bees act anything like regular bees you could put him next to a half open window and they'd still be trapped. :)

Honestly, tear gas would probably drop them both quickly enough. With all the mayhem that's occurred at Arkham, it's hard to imagine the guards wouldn't have some gas bombs handy. 

Still, Rhino might last a little longer before dropping.