Slot: The Team's Planetary Invasion Force
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about The Shi'ar Empire at this Wiki
Official Site: Marvel

Battle Terrain
Alien Invasion: Battleground planet Earth

I'm just going to be honest and say I don't know much about the Yinchorri.  The Wiki link has one line: says they are sentient turtles.  I kind of ended my research there.

The Shi'ar, however, I'm pretty familiar with.  If all I know about their foe is that they are sentient turtles, then I'm gonna have to say that the Shi'ar have likely dealt with bigger threats.

I'll wait to vote to see if anyone brings any impressive factuals about the Yinchorri to the discussion, but strong lean on Shi'ar currently.

12 hours ago, Fox said:

I'm just going to be honest and say I don't know much about the Yinchorri.  The Wiki link has one line: says they are sentient turtles.  I kind of ended my research there.

The Shi'ar, however, I'm pretty familiar with.  If all I know about their foe is that they are sentient turtles, then I'm gonna have to say that the Shi'ar have likely dealt with bigger threats.

I'll wait to vote to see if anyone brings any impressive factuals about the Yinchorri to the discussion, but strong lean on Shi'ar currently.

There is a little more to the Yinchorri than just that, but I'm not sure if it would be enough to defeat or even stave off the Shi'ar for too long.

The Yinchorri are a alien species from Star Wars who managed to overwhelm and conquer several worlds after seizing various armaments and equipment from the Golden Nyss Shipyards in an blitzkrieg typed raid. Their conquests included many worlds and moons, which were conquered in just under a week, by utilizing the equipment and armaments they stole, chief among them much of the Chalenor star system, including the moon world of Mayvitch 7, which while armed against pirates and marauders was no match against a military force. The territory they acquired wasn't held for too long, that is multiple years there after, as the Jedi and eventually the Republic itself, started to strike back against the Yinchorri over time, and eventually forced them to surrender on their home world.

What is most impressive with them, is their cortosis based equipment, which is resistant to energy based assault from blaster fire, and can at least temporarily short circuit lightsabers for a time if the saber strikes the cortosis based component in any way, their flutter packs which give them flight and leverage over their opponents for up to an hour, and as mentioned earlier, their blitzkrieg tactics, as they often sweep over many of the lesser armed and lesser prepared opponents in smaller military areas.

As also mentioned before, once the Jedi got involved, and eventually the Republic later on, the Yinchorri were overpowered and eventually brought down, as the Republic's tech and war vessels easily overpowered the Yinchorri's small stolen fleet and arsenal, and the Jedi entered their command base and forced their surrender.

The Shi'ar are likely as strong or stronger than the Republic at the time of the Yinchorri's conflicts with them, and thus, I can't see a massive conflict between the two lasting too long as a result, however, it is possible that the Yinchorri could last for some time, as the cortosis they acquired over time, could possibly be applied to their ships and other equipment, and might be able to repel some energy attacks for a little while at least, although the later statements are more speculation than anything else conclusive, so I wouldn't take it at face value, but as a possibility more than anything else.