Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

12:2 - Jem'Hadar vs. The Flood

UMPIRE

SEASON 12, ROUND 2

Jem'Hadar

Slot: The Team's Planetary Invasion Force
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Jem'Hadar at this Wiki
Official Site: star trek

The Flood

Slot: The Team's Planetary Invasion Force
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about The Flood at this Wiki
Official Site: Bungie

Battle Terrain
Alien Invasion: Battleground planet Earth

Do the Flood have like spaceships and such? It really depends on how the Flood spores arrive on the planet. If they're already there, they could potentially just spread exponentially and overwhelm the planet, but if they have to land on the planet I have no memory of the Flood having a dedicated space fleet that could actually fight against Jem'Hadar's. I'll wait to vote until I get clarification on this point

2 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Do the Flood have like spaceships and such? It really depends on how the Flood spores arrive on the planet. If they're already there, they could potentially just spread exponentially and overwhelm the planet, but if they have to land on the planet I have no memory of the Flood having a dedicated space fleet that could actually fight against Jem'Hadar's. I'll wait to vote until I get clarification on this point

I know in Halo lore we've seen floodified ships under their control, they're also intelligent enough to operate vehicles. So we could say they have forerunner, covenant or UNSC ships under their control. Possibly Dominion vessels if this is a crossover 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, corvette1710 said:

All we know is that both factions are present on Earth, which means the Flood almost certainly wins. If they don't have ships (idk how else they would get to Earth) they can take the Jem'Hadar's.

The Jem'Hadar will commit suicide before they become a danger to the Dominion. They are fanatical in their loyalty. Hell when winning a fight, they launched a suicide run on the USS Odyssey rather than let it withdraw. When offered a choice between being a liability for the Dominion by being captured or being slaughtered by Sisko's soldiers in a defensible ridge, they chose to be slaughtered out of loyalty. I don't see them getting Jem'hadar ships.

3 minutes ago, corvette1710 said:

How can the Jem'Hadar realistically stop them?

Earth welcomes the Jem'Hadar as saviors. Any infected Jem'Hadar are useless to the flood as the flood have no Ketrocel White.

Okay, but since Flood can convert literally any biomass into Flood, how do they beat it? They don't need humans or Jem'Hadar, they can just kill them. They also don't need Ketracel-white, they just need a relatively intact nervous system to overtake in the first place, which a living Jem'Hadar would presumably possess. Afterward, they are puppets for flood, and it doesn't matter if they're dead. The Flood can just take the form and walk it around.

I basically don't see how a less efficient fighting force from a weaker universe can beat a biomass plague that required wiping out a galaxy of nervous life to defeat.

2 hours ago, corvette1710 said:

I basically don't see how a less efficient fighting force from a weaker universe can beat a biomass plague that required wiping out a galaxy of nervous life to defeat.

What makes you think the Jem'Hadar and Star Trek in general is weaker or less efficient then, of all things Halo?

15 hours ago, RiotGear said:

Can't Flood troops still be dropped with enough fire power?

Sure can but they also release spores that can infect. The Forerunners couldn't even beat them and literally had to starve them 

15 hours ago, RiotGear said:

What makes you think the Jem'Hadar and Star Trek in general is weaker or less efficient then, of all things Halo?

Yeah I don't get this either, Trek has way better tech than Halo. Most halo weapons wouldn't even penetrate navigational shields.

1. Star Trek doesn't have anything like Forerunner tech, which was required to beat the Flood
2. Show me literally any single combatant in Star Trek that could ever beat a Spartan in Mjolnir armor

3. Even if both of these things exist it took centuries to beat the Flood

4. Jem'Hadar, humans, and all biomass on Earth become Flood

5 hours ago, corvette1710 said:

1. Star Trek doesn't have anything like Forerunner tech, which was required to beat the Flood
2. Show me literally any single combatant in Star Trek that could ever beat a Spartan in Mjolnir armor

1. What tech do the Forerunners have that you think is beyond Star Trek?

2. What's keeping a shrouded Jem'Hadar from walking up behind them and stabbing them in the back of the head.

Frankly are we sure an armoured Spartan wouldn't drop to a high powered phase shot?

1. Forerunners developed technology that wiped out every life-form in the Milky Way that possessed a nervous system except for the ones they specifically protected, because that was the base level at which the Flood could assimilate until it grew into a specific form that could convert all biomass into Flood.

2. On an individual level, nothing except that Star Trek has never had a fast combatant. On a macro level, the fact that by the time this is able to happen, the Jem'Hadar would not be able to fight any significant portion of the Flood due to accrued biomass.

3. Spartans, as individual soldiers, are significantly stronger, faster, etc. than essentially anything that exists in Star Trek. They react in 20ms (10x faster than a human) outside of their armor at the age of 14, and 4ms (50x faster than a human) within it, run at 45+mph from dead stop, and break through boulders by charging them, as well as throw one-ton combatants around. Show me a Star Trek combatant that can do any single one (1) of these things, and then tell me how they beat that when their opponent is wearing armor that blocks 50mm weaponry with its shields, and endures laser fire, as well as plasma grenades.

Just watch this video about the Flood and you'll have some idea about how bad and inefficient an idea it is to lock your fight against them to one planet, especially one as green as Earth.

1 hour ago, corvette1710 said:

3. Spartans, as individual soldiers, are significantly stronger, faster, etc. than essentially anything that exists in Star Trek. They react in 20ms (10x faster than a human) outside of their armor at the age of 14, and 4ms (50x faster than a human) within it, run at 45+mph from dead stop, and break through boulders by charging them, as well as throw one-ton combatants around. Show me a Star Trek combatant that can do any single one (1) of these things, and then tell me how they beat that when their opponent is wearing armor that blocks 50mm weaponry with its shields, and endures laser fire, as well as plasma grenades.

Okay only thing I feel like contesting, and it's not even relevant to this fight. They wouldn't need to beat that individually in Trek. They could just beam said spartans into space possibly without armor, also given how covenant weaponry has felled Spartan's before I think phasers on max settings could go through shields and armor. Heck Spartans aren't that much different than Augments like Kahn. 

Alright we're getting off topic now. I digress

The scenario assumes a simultaneous Earth invasion.  That's what it says.

If we assume that the Flood Graveminds in this contest are commanding some number of captured ships and the Jem'Hadar have their fleet, then my first thought is that Jem'Hadar battleships win that fight.

I'm open to correction, but I'm thinking that the Jem'Hadar battleships and weaponry are superior.

And if that is the case, then I am pretty sure said surviving Jem'Hadar battleships will target from orbit any Flood that make it to ground on the planet.  This may result in planet Earth being turned into a lifeless rock, sure.

When have the Jem'Hadar shown such capabilities, and why wouldn't the Flood be able to simply convert all biomass on a Jem'Hadar ship they infect in space (via debris launching spores)? Even 1 spore essentially makes it such that the Flood isn't defeated, and I've still seen zero evidence to indicate the Jem'Hadar would have any capability of defending against a Flood infection.

It also seems unlikely they'd engage in that course of action. Presumably these two are invading Earth for strategic purposes, which the Flood can do with zero exterior infrastructure (in fact creating their own by virtue of their cellular conversion) and the Jem'Hadar cannot, barring any other evidence (as none has been presented in their favor whatsoever in this thread).

On 11/9/2021 at 7:59 PM, corvette1710 said:

1. Forerunners developed technology that wiped out every life-form in the Milky Way that possessed a nervous system except for the ones they specifically protected, because that was the base level at which the Flood could assimilate until it grew into a specific form that could convert all biomass into Flood.

2. On an individual level, nothing except that Star Trek has never had a fast combatant. On a macro level, the fact that by the time this is able to happen, the Jem'Hadar would not be able to fight any significant portion of the Flood due to accrued biomass.

Just watch this video about the Flood and you'll have some idea about how bad and inefficient an idea it is to lock your fight against them to one planet, especially one as green as Earth.

1. What sort of technology? 

2. This was an answer to the question who could kill a Spartan, not about killing the Flood.

3. Augments are multiple times faster, stronger, and smarter than humans. They can crush metal bare handed and flip between disrupter fire. Data can hold back a car trying to run him over with one hand, dodge laser fire, and move his hands at blur speed while doing precision work. Vulcans can bend metal and nerve pinch horses. Hirogen are physically more powerful than Vulcans. Not that any of those are in this match, but I guess neither are Spartans.