Slot: The Team's Corporate Mascot
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about The Judderman at this Wiki
Official Site: Bacardi Limited

Battle Terrain
Marketing Challenge: Heinz EZ-Squirt Colored Ketchup

Eh, Lucky can be kind of creepy in his own right too, if you look too much into it.

The Judderman on the other hand, at least only turns you into his puppet, addicted to what he wants you to be addicted to, Lucky forces you to chase him forever and ever, and never end up with his Charms. Of the two, Lucky brings up the whole end of Frankenstein vibe to me, the novel mind you, whereas the Judderman does eventually give you what you want, after convincing you that you do want it.

Both would fail to live up to the requirements needed to sell different colored ketchup to me, for different reasons, however, I will give the Judderman props here, as I think his mimicry and pseudo acting abilities, might entice a fairly wider group than Lucky could produce, possibly some drunk adults as well as kids. After all, who doesn't love a forest sprite, or at least one that acts like a mime, offering them anything while performing at the same time, it is amusing on another level. And, worse comes to worse, said forest sprite could also annoy them long enough that they buy the ketchup just to get rid of him.

This is a particularly awful product and, honestly, neither one of these contenders sells it in my view.

Nobody is going to be chasing after Lucky to get a colored ketchup.

Judderman's bit suggests that his product is so appealing that you want to drink it despite consequences, but this ketchup is not appealing.

I'm guessing that the demographic that would be most interested in this product would be kids. That would seem to give Lucky the edge, but I'm actually going to give the nod to Judderman. Playing 'hard to get' with this ketchup doesn't work for Lucky because it's not magically delicious.  Judderman's play of suggesting that consuming it puts you in a fantasy world seems the stronger message for this product.

5 hours ago, Z451 said:

The Judderman on the other hand, at least only turns you into his puppet, addicted to what he wants you to be addicted to, Lucky forces you to chase him forever and ever, and never end up with his Charms. Of the two, Lucky brings up the whole end of Frankenstein vibe to me, the novel mind you, whereas the Judderman does eventually give you what you want, after convincing you that you do want it.

Forces you? What are you talking about? In which of his many commercials does it indicate that Lucky “forces” the kids to chase him forever? In all the commercials I’ve seen the kids appear to be chasing him of their own free will. And what’s this about never giving them the cereal? Several commercials end with the kids getting the cereal after they’ve proven their mettle, in fact there’s one commercial where he actively saves their lives from a falling shooting star:

5 hours ago, Fox said:

This is a particularly awful product and, honestly, neither one of these contenders sells it in my view.

Nobody is going to be chasing after Lucky to get a colored ketchup.

Judderman's bit suggests that his product is so appealing that you want to drink it despite consequences, but this ketchup is not appealing.

I'm guessing that the demographic that would be most interested in this product would be kids. That would seem to give Lucky the edge, but I'm actually going to give the nod to Judderman. Playing 'hard to get' with this ketchup doesn't work for Lucky because it's not magically delicious.  Judderman's play of suggesting that consuming it puts you in a fantasy world seems the stronger message for this product.

Uh I’m pretty certain that any little kid that takes a good look at Judderman will run away screaming. His stick might work with young adults but there’s no proof that it’ll transition well with kids. At least with Lucky you know he has almost 50 years of success getting kids to literally chase him down for his product.

Huh, I remember the multi-colored Heinz ketchup back in the day, too. I think we even bought a bottle of the green variety when I was a kid. Tasted just like regular ketchup, though, IIRC. The lack of actual flavor variety might be a big reason why it failed.

Anyways, as mentioned, Lucky already pushes rainbow-colored edible product, so I think he might stand a better chance with this one.