Slot: The Team's Disney Fairy Tale Villain
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Shan Yu at this Wiki
Official Site: Disney

Battle Terrain
Disney Villains: Kidnap the children of Shrek and Fiona

Prince John has no morals and lots of money.  He's also craven, so he will act through hirelings and henchmen.

I'm sure some coin spread around The Poisoned Apple tavern will attract the right kind of talent for this job.

26 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Both could probably do it pretty well. If John gets his resources, so does Shan Yu, in which case I would put his army well above John's. They could charge in and just forcibly take the babies

I would say, given their resources, that both probably could do it.

However, as you've pointed out, Shan Yu would use his armies to siege Shrek and Fiona's castle with a frontal assault.  The purpose of a castle it to stop that kind of thing, and it's not like Shrek's kingdom doesn't have it's own forces.

Prince John is going to use stealthy intrigue, assassins and thieves.  I see the underhanded and sneaky strategy being the superior play in this scenario.

2 minutes ago, Fox said:

I would say, given their resources, that both probably could do it.

However, as you've pointed out, Shan Yu would use his armies to siege Shrek and Fiona's castle with a frontal assault.  The purpose of a castle it to stop that kind of thing, and it's not like Shrek's kingdom doesn't have it's own forces.

Prince John is going to use stealthy intrigue, assassins and thieves.  I see the underhanded and sneaky strategy being the superior play in this scenario.

Eh, I'm pretty sure Shrek and Fiona are back in the swamp by the fourth movie aren't they? That wouldn't really be a concern. Besides, Shan Yu overthrew an empire that was far more militaristic and well-armed than anything we've ever seen of Far Far Away. I don't even remember seeing a standing army

From what I remember Prince John was a pretty cowardly and incompetent villain, like wasn’t it a running joke that he’d always cry and suck his thumb every time Robin outsmarted him? Shan Yu was much more competent and dangerous of a villain, so I’d put money on him getting the babies long before John would.

13 hours ago, Fox said:

Shrek’s kingdom? I think you mean his swamp and the only forces there are Shrek, Fiona, Donkey and Puss in Boots. Shan Yu had enough men to conquer freaking China, it won’t be a siege it’ll be a massacre.