Mr. Incredible: 0

Rumble 20544 General Kregg vs. Stripe vs. Brigade
MATCH SCORE
General Kregg: 2
Stripe: 0
Brigade: 1

Match 17168 Gertrude Yorkes vs. G.I. Joe

Movie-Brat

'This is exactly why I protest the military!' Gert thought to herself as she was in a glaring match with her opponents. 

Gert sat in the interrogation room, annoyed and angry at Duke, Flint, General Hawk and Sgt Slaughter. Glaring. The four men didn't take too well at her attitude. 

"Listen, brat!" Sgt Slaughter growled in her face. "We know you were involved in that Cobra operation. So why don't you spill that information and maybe we'll go easy on you."

"I'm telling you for like the hundredth time, I'm not involved with a bunch of HYDRA wannabes." Gert replied, exasperated she had to tell the leading Joe members again what had happened.  

It had all started with Gert walking down LA streets at night with Old Lace. She needed to clear her head after everything that had happened in her life after she had been brought back to life and how much the world changed over the past two years. 

It had been just too much to take in. 

But then suddenly, she noticed something odd as she passed by a construction site. The construction workers left earlier at sundown. Something was going on. She motioned Old Lace to join her but quietly so as to not attract attention. 

The two his behind one of the metal support beams as they witnessed Cobra soldiers guarding what looked like a meeting between Cobra Commander and Destro and Jackal and Hyena. 

'What the hell kind of meeting is this?' Gert asked herself. 

"I trust this will provide sufficient funds exactly." Cobra Commander said as he presented a suitcase of dollar bills much to the delight of the two demented cyborgs. 

"Oh this will do nicely!" Jackal grinned. 

"And this will be exactly as you desired." He added as he presented an even bigger suitcase. 

Opening it, it contained smaller tubes and capsules and an even bigger tube that contained a liquid pink substance.

"This is what we've been waiting for?" Destro asked, visibly annoyed. "This, rejected Nickelodeon slime?" 

"Don't get your iron mask tightened." Hyena laughed. "This is called Nuke. From an alternate Earth where crime reigns supreme, Detroit being the crime ridden capital of the world there!" 

'Am I seriously watching a Saturday morning cartoon PSA plot here?' Gert thought in disbelief at what she was seeing. 

But suddenly, the unthinkable happened. Gert sneezed by accident. It was an unexpected but one that immediately, she figured would get her in trouble. 

"What was that?" Cobra Commander growled. 

It was there, he spotted Gert and Old Lace thanks to their shadows. 

"Guards!" He shouted. "Seize them!" 

Gert immediately ran from the scene. She didn't even want to risk Old Lace getting shot. That was until Jackal got the jump on her. But Old Lace managed to headbutt him, sending flying across the ground. 

But with great speed, he lunged at Gert; grabbing her by the neck with the intent of choking her. But once again, Old Lace came to her rescue as she bit down on the robotic arm and with great strength, tore it off. 

"No! What have you done?!" He screamed in agony. 

But everyone but them had dispersed as the various G.I. Joe units had arrived. But before Jackal had left, he managed to place one of the Nuke capsules into her pocket as soon as she was distracted. 

Gert attempted to run but Flint, assuming the worse, managed to grab her. She slipped away at first but Leatherneck and Wetsuit managed to restrain her. While Old Lace had threw Shipwreck and Scarlett into the support beams and even whacked Bazooka, Gung Ho and Alpine with her tail. 

But in response however, Old Lace came to her rescue but Sgt Slaughter managed to tackle the dinosaur. Making matters worse, despite Gert pointing in the direction of Cobra and Jackal and Hyena, Flint managed to find the Nuke capsule in her pocket. Gert immediately knew what would come next. 

Around the same time, Nico and Karolina were on their date, walking about and saw the commotion. To their horror, Gert was being arrested by G.I. Joe. Her and Old Lace being carted into vehicles and crying for help. Duke intervened the two girls and told them everything was fine and it's official Joe business. 

Nico and Karolina glared at him. They knew they had a rescue mission on their hands. 

"For someone claiming to be innocent, you couldn't help but get in on the deal, huh?" Flint said in a harsh tone to Gert as she explained her story yet again.

"That's exactly what happened!" Gert shouted. "You're letting the actual guys escape!" 

"I think all that fat is clouding your judgment, little lady!" Sgt Slaughter condescendingly said as he poked her belly. 

Gert was not accepting that. 

"I think all that muscle is covered your brain!" Gert snapped back. She added, "And shouldn't you be in the WWE? Let me guess, Vince McMahon didn't pay you enough to take a dive to let the Undertaker win!"

Sgt Slaughter was now officially angry. Never did he feel the need to punch a child until now.  

"Let it go, Slaughter!" General Hawk calmed down the military man. 

The man calmed down but not before giving an angry glare at Gert. 

"But this isn't over, young lady!" General Hawk said, clearly fed up with Gert himself. "Tell us what this Nuke is and-"

Suddenly, a loud ruckus was heard. Dozens of soldiers and personnel screaming and shouting. 

"Stay there!" General Hawk commanded Gert as he, Duke, Flint and Sgt Slaughter left the interrogation room. 

Only for seconds later, the four men screamed and shouted as the window glass on the door broke and Gert witnessed the four leading members of G.I. Joe flying across the hall so hard, their clothes literally flew out of them and a loud crash followed soon after. 

To her delight however, Nico came right into the window frame used to be. 

"I so did not expect that to happen!" Nico said, very surprised a spell of hers by the Staff of One was able to do that as well as another culprit. 

"I did!" Molly grinned. "I punched them real good!" 

Gert smiled in relief. Her friends came through. Nico managed to unlock the door from the inside with Chase, Karolina and Molly joining. 

"I'm so glad to see you!" Gert said gratefully as Molly tore off the handcuffs off the table that Gert's wrists were attached to. 

"We didn't come alone!" Karolina said as she smiled. 

Old Lace ran into the room, instantly seeing Gert much to both their delights. 

"Lace!" She shouted happily as she hugged her dinosaur companion.

"We're getting out of here and clearing your name!" Nico said to Gert reassuringly. 

"How?" Gert asked, genuinely curious what her friends could do. 

"First, we got help!" Chase replied. 

An Indian boy with green hair by the name of Pinpoint teleported into the room with a huge portal behind him. 

"Right on cue!" Pinpoint shouted as he pointed to the portal behind him. "Let's go!"

With that, everyone rushed into the portal and teleported into the inside of the Champions mobile bunker with rest of the Champions and Ironheart and Nadia Van Dyne aka the Unstoppable Wasp both driving. 

"How-?" Gert began to ask before Molly cut her off. 

"I went to the forums!" Molly said excitedly. "They're like, good ways to contact other superheroes like Ms Marvel!"

"And don't worry," Ms Marvel said to Gert as she approached her and continued with reassurance in her voice. "We're going to help you. Tell us everything and we're going to know where to start. We never let other teen heroes down." 

Gert, overwhelmed with emotions based on the help she had been receiving, nodded and once again, told her story. Only this time to people she trusted. 

"I'll start at the beginning!" Gert responded. 

-----

Just in case, everything Gert says about the military is in character for her. She does not trust adults and that includes authority figures. Her jabs at the military are part of what she does, she's always sarcastic and very passionate about social issues and other things. 

This is not a political statement. I have opinions about the military yes but that's not the point. This is all in character for Gert is my point. 

Anyway, the object of this is even with the help of the Runaways and the Champions, can Gert clear her name and defeat the real villains. Vote Gert that she can pull this off. Or vote G.I. Joe that she can't and she'll get arrested again. 

11 minutes ago, Movie-Brat said:

' Gert witnessed the four leading members of G.I. Joe flying across the hall so hard, their clothes literally flew out of them and a loud crash followed soon after. 

Also admittedly, that moment was a homage to this particular moment from the Scooby Doo/WWE Wrestlemania crossover film. (At 2:38)

On 9/26/2021 at 2:57 PM, Movie-Brat said:

A tie? How? And why would anyone think Gert wouldn't prove her innocence? 

Not enough folks voting.

I would've broken the tie if I had caught this in time, but I was pretty under the weather for much of last week. My bad. 

But yeah, this was a good set-up. The Champions and the Runaways should've at least held G.I. Joe at bay until the misunderstading was cleared up. I know Gert was intended to be the focal point of the set-up, but maybe you should've used the Champions and the Runaways for Team 1 instead so it was more clear what the Joes were up against. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Not enough folks voting.

I would've broken the tie if I had caught this in time, but I was pretty under the weather for much of last week. My bad. 

But yeah, this was a good set-up. The Champions and the Runaways should've at least held G.I. Joe at bay until the misunderstading was cleared up. I know Gert was intended to be the focal point of the set-up, but maybe you should've used the Champions and the Runaways for Team 1 instead so it was more clear what the Joes were up against. 

It's cool. Hope you feel better at least. 

And fair, just that I wanted to give Gert a fighting chance with resources to help clear her name.