Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Match 17166 William Riker vs. Demona

JohnnyChany

troidemona.jpg.449ef10ce80ef88511896c29ad1c2392.jpg

Lieutenant Commander, Deanna Troi, counselor for the USS Enterprise-D, sat up and massaged her head. She looked around at her surroundings and took note that she was inside a black cell in a warehouse. She thought over how she had gotten herself into this situation. 

Several days prior, the Enterprise flew by a planet that looked alot like Earth. The appearance of the planet caught everyone’s attention, but Captain Picard thought it best to stay clear of the world. His past experiences had made him wary of exploring this seemingly familiar terrain. He received almost no pushback, except from Deanna, herself.

Deanna couldn’t put it into words, but she felt a connection to someone or something on the planet like she had never felt before. Her empathic abilities were spiking like never before and she was overcome with a wide array of emotions like anger, distrust, regret, sadness, and betrayal. Deanna felt a need to explore this connection and the source of these emotions and all signs pointed to the planet.

Deanna, with William Riker’s help, successfully lobbied Picard into allowing her and Riker permission to explore the planet for a brief time. If they were unable to locate what Deanna was looking for in a short amount of time they were to return to the ship.

Once they beamed down to the familiar appearing planet, Deanna’s empathic link felt even stronger. Whatever was the source was not far away. Unfortunately for the duo, they did not get a chance to explore before they were attacked. Deanna didn’t even get a chance to get a good look at the mystery attacker before she was knocked unconscious.

As she sat now in her cell, Deanna continued to feel the strong presence of the empathic link. She must not have been taken far from where they arrived. Deanna heard growling in the distance and a pair of glowing red eyes glared at her as a shadowy figure approached her cell. Deanna felt it instantly as the figure stepped into the light, it was a blue female gargoyle, and it was the source of the connection.

“Who are you, human?” the gargoyle demanded.

“My name is Deanna Troi of the USS Enterprise. I came here because I felt a link to something, to you. Surely you must feel it too,” Deanna responded.

“Of course I can feel it! I am very familiar with mystical connections to humans. Although I don’t recall making an eternal oath with the likes of you,” said Demona referring to the magic binding her fate to that of the ageless Scottish king, MacBeth.

“I am not fully human,” Deanna corrected. I am half-human and half-Betazoid.”

This identification confused Demona. “Does that make you one of Oberon’s children?”

“I don’t know who Oberon is, but I can tell you I am not his child,” answered Deanna.  

Demona was frustrated and that frustration quickly escalated into rage. She aggressively grabbed the bars of Deanna’s cell. “What manner of sorcery has given you my voice?”

The spike in anger hit Deanna hard and she gasped. She had noticed the familiarity in their voices as well as soon as Demona had started talking. 

“I don’t know,” she said softly. “I don’t have any answers right now. That is why I came.”

“Surely this is Puck’s doing. That conniving little prankster!” Demona declared.

“What is your name?” asked Deanna.

“Demona.”

“What are you going to do with me, Demona?”

Demona exhaled loudly. “I haven’t decided yet. I want to understand why you have come here and why you are connected to me first. Otherwise I would have left you for dead by the bay.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rikerxanatos.jpg.bf9a04ae98b8e30ffdfaa9ae1d91b1c0.jpg

First Officer, William Riker, woke up with a thunderous headache near the Hudson Bay. The last thing he could remember was Deanna shouting at him to look out behind him and an almost monstrous screech. Now, Deanna was missing and Riker became very concerned. 

“Deanna! Deanna! Deanna, where are you? Imzadi!”

No one answered his calls. Riker looked all around and continued to be amazed at how his surroundings reminded him of the New York he had seen in history texts. He wondered if this was in fact New York City and if the Enterprise had somehow entered a time vortex. Maybe Picard was right in wanting to avoid this place.

Riker attempted to contact his commanding officer, but it soon became clear that his communicator was down. It must have been damaged in the assault. Fortunately for the Enterprise second in command, it appeared that the tracker on Deanna was still functioning as he went to it to discern her location. He followed the tracker to an old, empty warehouse.

Riker’s plan was to find and rescue Deanna and then use her communicator to contact the Enterprise. It was clear to him they would need a better plan if they wanted to continue to explore this planet. He readied his phaser gun and entered the warehouse.

Inside the warehouse, Demona noticed him on her security cameras. 

“So the boyfriend has already found you, that was quick,” Demona remarked. “Clearly I was too merciful at the dock.”

“Why do you hate us so?” wondered Deanna. “You don’t even know us.” 

“I don’t need to know all humans to know they are all the same. I also know a scheme when I see one. I may have not figured out this one yet, but I will,” declared Demona.

Demona displayed her claws. “Does your boy toy have the answers I need? Or maybe cutting him into pieces will make you more talkative about what is really going on here.”

Riker’s voice then echoed through the warehouse. “Hello. My name is William Riker of the USS Enterprise and I mean you no harm. I have simply come for my companion.”

Demona scowled. “I know that voice.”

The gargoyle quickly glided downward to confront the familiar voice of her sometimes ally, sometimes enemy, David Xanatos.

“Xanatos!” Demona shouted. “So you are the one behind all this weirdness. What is your game here and how did you alter your appearance? Was it Puck?”

The sight of the angry gargoyle, mixed in with the bizarre accusations and the fact that the voice was that of his beloved completely threw Riker for a loop. He did not even know how to respond.

His silence only further infuriated Demona. “Answer me!”

“I don’t know what you are talking about.”

Demona briefly considered the possibility that she was going crazy hearing these voices that she knew from unfamiliar places. But she did not want to entertain that possibility for more than a second and channeled all that confusion into her rage. Someone was playing a trick on her and they were going to pay. All of them.

“If you want to play coy with me then I will tear that mask off your face, Xanatos!” she threatened.

William Riker readied himself for the incoming attack.

Gargoyles also had TOS alumni Nichele Nicols and Dave Warner (Gorkon from Star Trek VI) in bit parts as well as Avery Brooks in the terrible season 3 and Kate Mulgrew as Titania

Can't believe I missed this one! :( 

Great set-up, Johnny. Very interesting giving two of Martina Sirtis's most prominent characters a sort of psychic link, as well as weaving arguably the most prominent character of one Johnathan Frakes (Xanatos' VA) into the story. I wouldn't have liked a Star Trek human's odds against Demona, though. 

Were you planning on doing a follow-up to this, BTW?