Slot: The Team's Disney Princess
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Princess Aurora at this Wiki
Official Site: Disney

Battle Terrain
Princess Challenge: She Took A Level In Badass

My initial impression is that Tinkerbell would be way better at this. She's far less timid and lives on a pretty dangerous island, and while I can't remember her personally doing much violent in the movie, I seem to remember her being pretty mean to Wendy (I think that's what her name was)

Aurora and Tinkerbell both have reasons to go on a murderous rampage, but the question is who would actually do it? Both have loved ones, villains that have the capability to conquer and even  have homes worth staying in.

Tinker Bell on the other hand has shown to have the most potential to do so. She's one of the most rash and reactive out of the two Disney princesses as she tried many times to either help someone or fight someone. Aurora on the other hand has not shown any action that she would, could or would help someone or even herself for that matter even if we are to get into other source material like Wreck-It Ralph 2.

Heh, I vividly remember Tinker Bell convincing the Lost Boys to attack a "Wendybird" in the first Peter Pan Disney film. 

The chick's definitely had murderous intent before. :D 

• Like 2

Tink has tried to go on a murder spree before. She's bad at it. Aurora meanwhile has been living in the woods with three fairies who are shown to be inept at baking and sewing after 16 years. Who has been keeping the cottage up and supplying food? One can only conclude Briar Rose is responsible. Surviving in the woods for so long has given Aurora the skills she needs to go on a rampage.

Tink couldn't handle a nine year old girl with help.

53 minutes ago, Twogunkid said:

Tink has tried to go on a murder spree before. She's bad at it. Aurora meanwhile has been living in the woods with three fairies who are shown to be inept at baking and sewing after 16 years. Who has been keeping the cottage up and supplying food? One can only conclude Briar Rose is responsible. Surviving in the woods for so long has given Aurora the skills she needs to go on a rampage.

Damn, now that that image is in my head, it will never leave me. Gonna have to log off my computer now, drink some water, then lay back down on my bed and slowly come to terms with the fact that the seemingly innocent Princess Aurora was such a killer.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Twogunkid said:

8 hours ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Damn, now that that image is in my head, it will never leave me. Gonna have to log off my computer now, drink some water, then lay back down on my bed and slowly come to terms with the fact that the seemingly innocent Princess Aurora was such a killer.

Interesting theory, but completely wrong. Aurora was raised from the time she was an infant by the fairies. Unless you're seriously trying to argue that she was also hunting for her food before she could walk, then the fairies were obviously the ones providing for her

8 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Interesting theory, but completely wrong. Aurora was raised from the time she was an infant by the fairies. Unless you're seriously trying to argue that she was also hunting for her food before she could walk, then the fairies were obviously the ones providing for her

Clearly from infancy sure. It is clear though the faeries still have no clue what they are doing by the time she is 16. They probably had an initial cache of supplies and after a few years it then falls to the one mortal being to take care of mortal needs.

19 minutes ago, Twogunkid said:

Clearly from infancy sure. It is clear though the faeries still have no clue what they are doing by the time she is 16. They probably had an initial cache of supplies and after a few years it then falls to the one mortal being to take care of mortal needs.

You have literally 0 evidence to support this though. It's pure speculation, and it flies against both the established canon and Occam's razor. I don't think this is going to convince many people

3 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

You have literally 0 evidence to support this though. It's pure speculation, and it flies against both the established canon and Occam's razor. I don't think this is going to convince many people

The faeries are literally incapable of basic tasks such as baking a cake from a book or sewing a dress (basic by medieval standards). The simplest explanation is they had an initial cache of supplies and that Aurora then foraged in the woods as time went on. The location was kept purposefully secret so they would not be receiving supply drops.The faeries also forswore their magic for 16 years to hide her from Maleficent, so they were not simply magicking supplies out of thin air. Aurora had to gather them and we even see this in the movie. She is sent to forage in the woods and then meets Prince Phillip because of it. The faeries trusted her to safely make her way through the woods.

She had chores in the woods involving survival. Aurora is more capable than Tinkerbell, who need I remind you, could not handle a nine year old with help. Tink may be more prone to a murderous rampage, it just would be less effective.

Further, the capability to murder is important here.

Tinkerbell is a few inches tall. She got stuck in a lock. Peter Pan easily held her with a few fingers and proceeded to spank Pixie dust out of her. She tries to kill Wendy and fails being unable to do more than pull her hair. She has the Lost Boys try to kill the Wendybird and fails again. She tries to get Captain Hook to kill Wendy, she gets tricked, trapped in a lantern, and fails at killing Wendy again.

What about Tinkerbell outside of Peter Pan 1? In Peter Pan II, Wendy's daughter says she doesn't believe in fairies and this causes Tink's light to go out. Literally a statement of unbelief is enough to severely injure and possibly kill her. Wendy's daughter recants and Tink does live through the movie although 24 hours of unbelief would have been enough for Tink to vanish.

What about the Tinkerbell film series? This was tougher as I have only seen some, so some of my knowledge is from various wiki's. In the first one, we learn that water makes a fairy wings inoperative (except water faeries) Tinkerbell discovers she has a talent for fixing toys and so she does. (She delivers a music box to Wendy. These movies take place before she meets Peter)

Tinkerbell and the Lost Treasure? Tinkerbell breaks a moonstone and has to repair it. She gets knocked out by a bat who crashes into her balloon. She breaks down crying after using a wish to get the faerie Terrence to be quiet instead of fixing the moonstone. She breaks down crying from that. She makes a prism which ultimately fixes the moonstone.

Tinkerbell and the Great Fairy Rescue? Tink sees a fairy trap. Gets fascinated by it and gets captured. She spends time captured and when freed almost gets captured by a butterfly collecting scientist and gets one of her friends captured. In this Tinkerbell is captured by a little girl ~age seven. It is again reinforced in this movie that wings cannot work when wet.

Secret of the Wings? This one gives Tink some decent feats. She survives a decent fall and crash. Several feet up. She discovers that the previously though unfixable broken wings can be repaired by touching identical wings.

The Pirate Fairy? Captain Hook first appears in this one. Tink spots and avoids a fairy using poppies to drug a crowd of fairies into falling asleep. The fairy group manages to chase this rogue fairy to a group of pirates even with their talents swapped. They sneak aboard the ship, but when discovered Tink & co. get captured in lanterns by Hook. (which makes him doing it again latter in Peter Pan a real mark against her) and they are freed by a young Tick-Tock Croc and the fairies flee the pirates.

Tinkerbell and the Legend of the Neverbeast? Tinkerbell doesn't do much in this one. It focuses on her friend Fawn.

To summarize

-Tinkerbell is captured by: Captain Hook in a lantern twice, a butterfly collector, and a little girl. In all those instances she was freed by an outside force.

-Her strength feat is being completely restrained by three fingers of Peter Pan's. Peter Pan known for being the little boy who never grew up.

-She is knocked unconscious by a bat and survives a fall of a few feat as durability feats.

-She can die if people say they do not believe in her.

-She is inventive when it comes to mechanical repairs. Hence, Tinkerbell.

-Her wings do not work when wet.

-She is several inches tall and stopped by a simple lock.

-Despite multiple attempts is not able to do more than mildly irritate Wendy including with help from the Lost Boys.

How is Tinkerbell a threat to anyone? Even bloodlusted she is no danger to Wendy.

This is an interesting match.

Tinkerbell is feisty, but is she a badass?

Pulp Fiction And I Will Strike Down Upon Thee With Great Vengeance And Furious Anger GIF

If you do a Google search for "Princess Aurora badass" you are going to find that there's a group of thought out there that she is, indeed, a badass. 

In her own story, of which she is ostensibly the protagonist, Aurora literally has no agency whatsoever. She acts on nothing, and is acted upon by everyone. She is a Pawn, moved around on the chessboard of life by Maleficent and then some fairies and then a Prince... at what point does she make any decision that changes her own fate? She doesn't.

Her story is one of isolation, 16 years of loneliness, having no control of her life or future, and seemingly abandoned by her parents.

So, where is the Badass people seem to envision in that?

Well, for one, none of that breaks her. She's ready to shift gears and take on the burdens of the Kingdom when she is informed that her life to-date has been a sham.

For two, people tend to extrapolate what the character would have become after the end of the film - and after all that life's anguish they figure she's the steely type who will throw down and fight. I think that's a fair assessment.