Rumble 20545 Team Fortress 2 vs. Inhumanoids
MATCH SCORE
Team Fortress 2: 0
Inhumanoids: 3

Tournament - Juggernaut vs. Mr. Incredible
MATCH SCORE
Juggernaut: 10
Mr. Incredible: 0

11:4 - The Gregory House vs. Genie (Disney)

UMPIRE

SEASON 11, ROUND 4

The Gregory House

Slot: The Team's Location
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about The Gregory House at this Wiki
Official Site: TV Asahi

Genie (Disney)

Slot: The Team's Comedy Sidekick
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Genie (Disney) at this Wiki
Official Site: Disney

Battle Terrain
Sidekick vs. Terrain

The Genie, on his own, does not have any independence.  He is a prisoner of the lamp and it's rules.

Anyone in Gregory House can rub the lamp and have a Genie.  Genie has to serve that individual.

Weather on not Genie survives for 24 hours really depends on the individual who finds the lamp I guess.

After Genie is wished free by Aladdin, he is no longer a Sidekick.  Aladdin wishes for Genie's freedom and Genie goes off to see the world. Not a Sidekick.

25 minutes ago, Fox said:

The Genie, on his own, does not have any independence.  He is a prisoner of the lamp and it's rules.

Anyone in Gregory House can rub the lamp and have a Genie.  Genie has to serve that individual.

Weather on not Genie survives for 24 hours really depends on the individual who finds the lamp I guess.

After Genie is wished free by Aladdin, he is no longer a Sidekick.  Aladdin wishes for Genie's freedom and Genie goes off to see the world. Not a Sidekick.

Genie might not be independent, but he's still functionally immortal. Unless someone rubs the lamp and then tells him to destroy himself, he's probably too strong to be destroyed by just about any environment. If the people in the environment were outright trying to kill him then sure, someone could do that, but the rest of the fights in this category have been judged as if the environment and the people within aren't necessarily trying to kill the sidekicks. Otherwise, the Hidden Leaf Village would have beaten that dog

1 hour ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Genie might not be independent, but he's still functionally immortal. Unless someone rubs the lamp and then tells him to destroy himself, he's probably too strong to be destroyed by just about any environment. If the people in the environment were outright trying to kill him then sure, someone could do that, but the rest of the fights in this category have been judged as if the environment and the people within aren't necessarily trying to kill the sidekicks. Otherwise, the Hidden Leaf Village would have beaten that dog

You have a solid point there.  I guess each voter will need to Vote how they feel about it.

If the lamp is picked up, and the person uses the 3 wishes immediately, then the Genie is transported elsewhere and he did not stay on the terrain 24-hours.  Possible disqualification.

Yeah, I don't know.  He does meet the criteria of Comedy Sidekick though, so there's that.

Ah, so this is phenomenal, cosmic Genie, huh? That's cool. 

Short of killing someone or making someone fall in love, Genie could prove himself very useful to the Gregory House inhabitants by granting their every wish. 

34 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Ah, so this is phenomenal, cosmic Genie, huh? That's cool. 

Short of killing someone or making someone fall in love, Genie could prove himself very useful to the Gregory House inhabitants by granting their every wish. 

Actually, Fox made a really good point. If we're using him before he gets freed, as Fox said, then he only has three wishes, after which he'll be booted out of the environment and lose by default. So the real question is: Would the Gregory House people use the three wishes within 1 day? That, I simply don't know

17 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Actually, Fox made a really good point. If we're using him before he gets freed, as Fox said, then he only has three wishes, after which he'll be booted out of the environment and lose by default. So the real question is: Would the Gregory House people use the three wishes within 1 day? That, I simply don't know

Depends on which one of them gets their hands on the lamp.

Neko Zombie, in particular, while appearing scary has a heart of gold and might release Genie, but Gregory would torture him just as much as he does any one else unfortunate to wind up in the house, so like Fox says it depends on who gets a hold of the lamp.

Generally, speaking though, if it isn't Neko, Genie will lose this challenge pretty quickly, as a lot of the residents, especially those like Catherine, and Gregory for sure, would just love to have something or someone to play with, and those wishes might not last all that long as a result.

On 9/7/2021 at 4:49 PM, Fox said:

If the lamp is picked up, and the person uses the 3 wishes immediately, then the Genie is transported elsewhere and he did not stay on the terrain 24-hours.  Possible disqualification.

Yeah, I don't know.  He does meet the criteria of Comedy Sidekick though, so there's that.

17 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Actually, Fox made a really good point. If we're using him before he gets freed, as Fox said, then he only has three wishes, after which he'll be booted out of the environment and lose by default.

Yeah, I saw this mentioned yesterday, and the thing with simply booting Genie out after the three wishes is that it potentially handicaps Genie about as much as there's concern he could dominate his slot otherwise. There are other ways within the challenge itself that Genie may not "survive" the challenge, after all.

Besides, how many sentient beings are realistically going to turn down three wishes from a Genie?

2 hours ago, UMPIRE said:

Match Final Results

The Gregory House: 6
Genie (Disney): 3

Ugh. 

If people want to go with the "grant three wishes and Genie disappears" stipulation, he's basically screwed for this Draft. As I mentioned, though, I don't think that stipulation's needed, since there are other ways to be rid of the Genie. 

1 hour ago, DSkillz said:

Ugh. 

If people want to go with the "grant three wishes and Genie disappears" stipulation, he's basically screwed for this Draft. As I mentioned, though, I don't think that stipulation's needed, since there are other ways to be rid of the Genie. 

It totally depends on the terrain.  Some terrains people picked don't even have wishes.  For example, Alien Facehuggers don't make wishes and he's immune to their bit so on that terrain Genie is probably a winner.