Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

11:4 - Gouken vs. Wildcat

UMPIRE

SEASON 11, ROUND 4

Gouken

Slot: The Team's Coach
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Gouken at this Wiki
Official Site: Capcom

Wildcat

Slot: The Team's Coach
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Wildcat at this Wiki
Official Site: D.C Comics

Battle Terrain
Coach Challenge: The Training Montage!

Gouken should have this, albeit I don't think Wildcat is that far behind. I do recall him training the likes of Black Canary, Mr. Terrific and some others but to what extent their training went is impossible to gauge. You think it would be rigorous as he is known for being able to punch people's lights out with one hit, and that's seemingly what he would be spreading to his pupils but you never know.

Ansatsuken's training regimen is a lot more than your standard Karate workout. Prior to learning techniques like the Hadouken, Shoryuken and Hurricane Kick, the training consists of strength development, cardio, and full contact sparring and meditation. That usually takes years of progress.

Then further training is in preparation for learning the more powerful techniques.

After learning and mastering the techniques, the training advances in preparation for the Warriors Journey. Both pupils are sent into the wilderness to train on their own for three days before meeting for their final sparring session which is full contact. Then the pupils are sent out into the world to continue their journey on their own by fighting other styles.

The end result is a very powerful fighter early in their career.

So I'm not gonna shit on Wildcat because he does train hard and he continues to do so to the point he can stand up to people like Bane. He has no gadgets, no powers, no secret techniques, just good ol' fashion training. In fact, he's actually trained Black Canary into the martial artist she is today. If he can train someone WITH powers to become even better, he's doing something right.

That being said, I don't think his style of training is anything to the level of Goukens in any level. Sure he's trained Black Canary, but Gouken has trained people like Ryu, Ken, and even Dan for a short amount of time so they can not only how to learn to fight properly, but to control and use Ki for combat practices such as shooting it out of their hands to create a projectile and ignite their fist into flames. Sorry Wildcat, but Gouken is the bigger cat in this fight.

And Gouken is pretty damn insanely powerful for someone who hasn't tapped in the Satsui No Hadou, and while it's taken him years to grasp onto the Power of Nothingness by the time he was teaching Ryu and Ken, it was all worth it rather than the shorter cut to power like Akuma's path. So how powerful is Gouken for taking a longer, harder but more rewarding path? Weeeeell... Skip to 4:22 and see for yourself.

Trust me.. If you want to be strong, then Gouken is the teacher YOU want to train with.

5 hours ago, Mercenaryblade said:

Wildcat has whipped superhumans into shape, I think most the JSA has been under his tutelage at one point or another, that's saying something. 

Sure it's one thing to whip superhumans into shape but it's a whole other thing to whip ordinary humans into shape and then push their training to develop superhuman levels and abilities for them which is exactly what Gouken has done for Ryu, Ken and to a much lesser extent, Dan Hibiki as well. 

5 minutes ago, RakaiThwei said:

Sure it's one thing to whip superhumans into shape but it's a whole other thing to whip ordinary humans into shape and then push their training to develop superhuman levels and abilities for them which is exactly what Gouken has done for Ryu, Ken and to a much lesser extent, Dan Hibiki as well. 

But that's only possible because such a thing is possible in the Street Fighter Universe. In DC, it's not really possible for a regular human to get those kinds of feats purely through martial arts, but in Street Fighter, it is. Just because one universe has a higher ceiling for how strong someone can get just off the strength of martial arts doesn't automatically mean that said mentor is a better trainer. In my eyes, the most fair way to look at this challenge is that they both get two real-world, actual peak level humans to train, and then we should evaluate how they each would do at constructing a training session for them, otherwise Roshi would be unbeatable in this challenge just because the base of his universe is like a continent buster