Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Match 16896 Dee Jay vs. Jeffry McWild

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART 154

darli-tp-1.jpg.e4ebb07a7c625af94dfaaff8d053482a.jpg

Aboard the boat she had sailed with her partner for over a century (REF: MAXI VS. CLAUDIO SERAFINO), Darl Dagger took down Eddy Gordo with relative ease. (REF: DARLI DAGGER VS. EDDY GORDO) She pounded the recently crowned Brazilian martial arts champion (REF: CHRISTIE MONTIERO VS. ELENA) into the wooden boards of the ship and repeatedly raked her jagged saw sword across his back and chest. Eddy found it difficult to fend off Darli’s brute strength with his capoeira techniques. Within minutes, his continued loss of blood made it nearly impossible for Eddy to even move around in his usual rhythmic way. He was fading fast

After knocking Eddy back down with a vicious slam, Darli placed her right foot on Eddy’s chest and then directed her saw sword, Libertalia, under his chin. “I could kill you right now. Part of me thinks I should.” She then took the sword away from Eddy’s throat area. “But I know I may need you to get Maxi back.”
“I… I just wanted to help,” Eddy responded weakly. “I was just trying to do the right thing.” (REF: MAI SHIRANUI VS. KATARINA ALVES)

“Damned fools. Don’t even know what the right thing is,” Darli lamented. 

One of her crew members walked into the cabin.

“Make sure you tend to his wounds, I don’t want him dying on us just yet,” Darli instructed.

“Yes m’am. Also, I came in here to inform you that there is some strange woman that just boarded the ship. She is looking for the captain. She called out Captain Maxi by name. And also some lady named Ivy.”

Darli immediately exited the cabin to find and locate this strange new visitor to the ship. How did this person know Ivy? Darli soon got her answer as she traveled to the starboard side of the boat and found Cassandra Alexandra talking to more members of the ship crew.

“Cassandra?” Darli called out.

Cassandra’s eyes traveled over to Darli and they widened with recognition. “Darli! Is that you? Are you still traveling with Maxi? That’s wonderful!”

Darli produced a half smile. “Yes, we still sail the high seas together.”

“It’s great to see you.”

Cassandra walked over to hug Darli who did not immediately reciprocate. Her recent dealings of betrayal from Zarina (REF: DARLI DAGGER VS. ZARINA) and Claudio made her leery of everyone.  However, Darli also did not resist Cassandra’s embrace. 

“I should have known. The bond you two shared always felt real. So where is he? I have been looking for him all over this port,” stated Cassandra.

“We had some issues when we first arrived,” answered Darli. “How did you know we were here?”

Cassandra sighed “It’s a long story. Let’s just say I found out Ivy was coming here to meet with Maxi.” (REF: KING VS. HAKAN)

“Ivy? I haven’t seen her,” stated Darli.

“Really? I would have figured she would have made it here by now,” Cassandra surmised. “When all the dust had settled she was no longer in the village…. I wonder what happened to her (REF: ANGEL VS. IVY) or where she went.”

Darli waved her hand in  a dismissive manner.  “Ivy is a big girl, she can take care of herself. Besides, I can only concentrate on one missing person at a time. I have to stay focused on finding Maxi.”

“Maxi is missing?”

“We were betrayed when we docked here,” informed Darli. “I have dealt with most of the traitors personally. But, during the chaos someone made off with Maxi’s body.”

“His body? Is he okay?”

“According to the kidnapper’s accomplice who I have captured in the cabin, he is. He was just knocked out,” explained Darli.

“Hmmm, if this just recently occurred then they couldn’t have gone far,” guessed Cassandra. “But, it doesn’t give us a lot of time to catch up. We will need to move fast.”

“Agreed.” Darli then took a moment to really take in Cassandra’s disheveled appearance. It was clear to her that the Greek warrior had just been involved in some battles as well. (REF: BLUE MARY VS. CASSANDRA ALEXANDRA) “Looks like you too have recently been through some chaos.”

“I have been through madness. I’ll explain it all to you guys once we find Maxi. We will all need to work together to stop what is coming.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jeffry-shark2.jpg.e72e05faca96fbf1dca63bdfcff53835.jpg

Elsewhere at that same port, Australian fisherman, Jeffry McWild, had finally arrived at one of his favorite vacation spots to fish. Jeffry was taking a break from his obsessive pursuit of the Devil Shark after a few anonymous leads only led to dead ends. Jeffry felt he needed to clear his head for a few days and not obsess over tracking down his proclaimed nemesis.

To accomplish this goal, Jeffry had come to this small Mexican port that he had fished at years prior and always had enjoyed himself. He leisurely prepped his equipment, including his rod and bait and then placed down his stereo. He played a reggae mix of his own making that had become a staple for him during his more relaxed fishing expeditions. Ten minutes into his fishing, Jeffry was interrupted.

“Hey mon! Whatcha got playin’ over there?”

Jeffry was approached by a large Jamaican man with baggy yellow pants that had the word ‘MAXIMUM’ scrolled on each side.

“It’s my fishing music,” answered Jeffry.

“Ey, it’s not bad. I’m a musician myself, may have heard of me, I’m Dee Jay,” the Jamaican man said cheerily.

Jeffry shrugged. “Maybe, I’m not really good with names.”

Dee Jay called back to another Jamaican man setting up a stereo system behind him. “Hey Reggie, why don’t you drop some of my latest for this guy to hear.”

Reggie complied and Jeffry listened politely for a few minutes before vehemently shaking his head. “Yeah, I do recognize that. I have heard your stuff before. I’m not a fan. I’ll stick to what I have.”

The blunt criticism stung Dee Jay a little. “Harsh, mon.” He started to walk away from Jeffry but then stopped. “Maybe you will learn to appreciate it because you’re about to hear a lot of it.”

“What?”

“I’m doing a sort of free block party concert on the pier in a couple of hours, and it’s a pretty decent sized set considering it’s a free show,” Dee Jay explained. “Just trying to give back to some of the communities where I got my start when I was a young artist touring latin american and the carribean.”

This was not news that Jeffry wanted to hear. “You mean I’ll be forced to listen to your second rate reggae while I fish?”

“Hey mon, you don’t have to go out of your way to insult my music. If it’s that bad to you, you can always put on some headphones,” Dee Jay suggested.

“Then I wouldn’t be able to hear the ambient noises of the ocean, that is unacceptable,” stated Jeffry.

“Well then you’re just going to have to find another place to fish, mon.”

Jeffry’s stubborn anger swelled inside of him. “I’m not finding another spot! I have traveled here many times over the last two decades and I always fish on this spot And I was here first!”

Reggie walked toward the two men and picked up Jeffry’s stereo. “How do you even hear out of this? The sound is awful. You need to get with the times, old man.”

“Hey! Don’t touch my stuff!” shouted Jeffry.

“I’m just checking out your situation. I haven’t seen one of these in years,” Reggie insisted.

Jeffry lunged at a startled Reggie, who fell backward and bumbled Jeffry’s stereo into the ocean. He immediately cringed as did Dee Jay.

Jeffry was incensed. “You stupid punk. Do you have any idea how long I have had that stereo?”

“I’m sorry I….” Before Reggie could fully form an apology he was cracked in the jaw by Jeffry’s fist.

Dee Jay intervened before the violence could continue. “Hey mon, that’s not cool. It was an accident.”

“That could have been avoided if you dipsticks would have left me alone,” Jeffry retorted.

“That’s it, I have been trying to be chill, but you have crossed the line.” Dee Jay hopped into his fighting stance. “I’m going to have to teach ya some manners.”

Jeffry did not back down from the challenge. “For your sake I hope your fighting is better than your music.”

“You are so going to get it, mon.”

This colossal collision brought to you by the Maxi/Claudio tie and the need to find Christie Montiero a new 2nd round dance partner. Luckily for me, even after using so many characters from these franchises there are still more that can be put in if needed.

I gotta give this one to Deejay here. He's got a fighting style set to his own unique rhythm and he also has something Jeffrey doesn't and that's Ki control. If Deejay can use that to release projectiles and he has shown that he can, Jeffrey is gonna have a hard time. And then there's Deejay's footwork too and those rapid punches too.

20 hours ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Gotta bet on Jeffrey McWild! The guy’s main rival is a Devil Shark! Don’t get more hard then that!

He do go hard though.

Another great set up Johnny. Sorry have been busy to read much.

Another good set-up, Johnny. Good to see some other characters coming back into focus in this arc.

Funny confrontation between Jeffry and Dee Jay, too. I have a feeling that Dee Jay can pull this one out, though. Jeffry may have tackled a big shark, but Dee Jay regularly goes up against opponents that can wreck houses -- or worse.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - patrickthekid
4.00 - SSJRuss
4.90 - DSkillz
4.20 - Pizzaguy2995

FPA Calculation:
4 Total Votes cast
18.10 Total Combined Score
18.10 / 4 = 4.53 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Dee Jay: 3