MATCH SCORE
Shark Boy and Lava Girl: 4
Freddy Krueger: 3

Match 16842 Armor King vs. Zangief

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART 150

kulamaximak.jpg.43bab34195bc0d75c0e5673cac187013.jpg

Maxima, K’, and Zangief were closing in on the village that Kula Diamond had told Maxima she was traveling to with Heidern. (REF: KULA DIAMOND VS. CASSANDRA ALEXANDRA) Maxima was greatly concerned because he had not heard anything from the spritely ice fighter since they arrived there. After their initial misunderstanding that lead into a destructive brawl (REF: ZANGIEF VS. MAXIMA), Maxima convinced Zangief to be their backup in any potential battle they may be walking into and in exchange they would give him any information they had on the woman responsible for putting Zangief’s friend, R. Mika, in the hospital. (REF: ANGEL VS. IVY)

“Don’t look so glum,” K’ said to his friend. “If you start crying you might short circuit your systems.”

“I am merely concerned that is all,” Maxima insisted.

“Well don’t be,” said K’. “How dangerous can one small village be. She came here with Heidern, right? He probably just wanted her help to bust up some drug cartel and her phone got damaged in the scuffle.”

“They came here to find Leona because they lost all contact with her when she came here as well,”: Maxima corrected.

“Do you think the village is haunted?” Zangief proposed.

“We are getting close now and my sensors aren’t detecting any abnormalities in the atmosphere. However, given the strangeness of recent events nothing can be ruled out,” Maxima reasoned.

K’ rolled his eyes. “Ridiculous.”

At that moment, Maxima’s phone rang and Kula was on the other end.

“Kula, are you okay? We are almost to you.” Maxima declared.

“I got my bell rung by some lady with a sword and shield (REF: BLUE MARY VS. CASSANDRA ALEXANDRA), but that isn’t why I am calling you. Leona is dead!”

“What?”

“She succumbed to her Orochi blood, everything went crazy (REF: CAMMY WHITE VS. LEONA HEIDERN),  and she was impaled by a general of the Tekken Force. They killed each other,” Kula explained. (REF: DARLI DAGGER VS. EDDY GORDO)

“That’s horrible. Are you safe?” asked Maxima.

“Yes, the fighting is all over now. Blue Mary lost to the sword lady too.  Then the sword lady mentioned something about a Soul Edge thing to Heidern and now he is convinced it is the reason that Leona lost control. I was hoping you may have something about it in your databases,” stated Kula.

“Ok. Accessing now…. Soul Edge is a sword of legend said to have fed off the hatred and anger of humanity and believed to have plunged the world into darkness.”

K’ scoffed. “A children’s story.”

“Maybe, maybe not, partner. It is worth looking into if it can give Heidern some peace about the fate of his daughter,” said Maxima.

“Are you guys close?” Kula wondered.

“Yes. We will see you soon,” stated K’.

“Ok.”

Maxima hung up and suddenly stopped walking.

“Why are you stopping?” K’ asked.

Maxima turned to face Zangief who had remained silent during the entire phone conversation. “It looks like our objectives have changed. There is no fight here, so we are not in need of your muscles. I doubt that you want to help us learn about Soul Edge, because your mind is on other things. Still, you did willingly come with us and a deal is a deal. If the woman you are looking for is indeed Angel. You may find her nearby. At the very least you should find one of her partners from the last King of Fighters tournament, Ramon. He has been hanging out in a city not too far from here enjoying his sabbatical from the secret agent life. If Angel is not with him, it would stand to reason that he may know where she is.”

“What does this Ramon man look like?” asked Zangief.

Maxima produced a picture of Ramon and Angel on a small LCD screen.

Zangief grinned. “I have seen him before. He is a wrestler. Спасибо comrade! Good luck on your quest for the evil sword!”

“We aren’t really trying to find the thing,” mumbled K’. “At least I don’t think we are.”

Maxima extended his hand out to shake the hand of the man whom he had battled hours earlier and wished him well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ramon.jpg.04528736b8c292b91e5ebf46e7700c86.jpg

Tina Armstrong and Armor King had arrived in Mexico via DOATEC helicopter in search of Ramon to pick his brain about the mysterious Urien. (REF: KING VS. EL BLAZE) There was a specific bar that Tina had in mind as a good place to start looking for the luchador and secret agent. If he wasn’t there, surely the bartender would know him. He was a regular and often invited Tina to go with him there when the Armstrongs wrestled in Mexico.

As they neared the bar, Tina expressed some concern for her traveling companion. “Hey there partner, are you feeling alright? You’ve been awfully quiet this whole time. You still experiencing some lingering effects from those tranquilizers?” (REF: ELIOT VS. LEO KLIESEN)

Armor King shook his head no and admitted he was worried about Guile. He told Tina the story of how he had crossed paths with the warrior, T. Hawk, at a G Corporation facility (REF: T. HAWK VS. ARMOR KING), and how their confrontation and eventual team up led him to meeting Guile along with Cammy and Blue Mary. (REF: ZANGIEF VS. CHANG KOEHAN) He described a bonding moment between the two men when they traveled to the Freedom Survivor. (REF: RAPHAEL SOREL VS. LARS ALEXANDERSSON) He hated seeing him infected by the Soul Edge fragments and wondered if they would be able to save him.

“Well according to Zack, my daddy said to trust that woman who came to the ship and said she could cure them. (REF: SOPHITIA ALEXANDRA VS. UNKNOWN) You can trust big daddy which means we can trust her. At any rate, if we can get to Urien we may be able to stop this whole thing. You got to keep up the faith.” Tina smiled brightly to try and reassure Armor King.

“Now let’s go find us that luchador,” she declared.

As soon as they reached the door of the bar, Tina and Armor King heard shouting inside.

“You know where she is! Tell me!” demanded Zangief.

Tina and Armor King got an eyeful of the Russian grappler holding up Ramon in the air by his shirt.

“You can’t even be sure it was her,” pleaded Ramon. “Angel is a good teammate and she values her privacy. I can’t just go giving her secrets away. She may never team with me again.”

“Not good enough!” shouted Zangief.

“Hey y’all, what's going on here?” Tina inquireed.

Ramon turned his head toward the bar entrance and it was immediately clear that the eye patched fighter was drunk. “Tina, is that you girl? May I say you are looking ravishing today. And...is that you Armor King? We’ve never met before but I’ve seen some of your matches on tv. I’m a big fan. What brings you guys here? Hopefully not a potential date.”

Zangief pulled on Ramon’s shirt tighter so that he would get his attention back. “Stop trying to change the subject.”

“Hey Zangief! Whatever your problems are with Ramon can you ease up for a second?” Tina requested. “We have a few questions for him,”

Zangief lowered Ramon back to the ground. “He has information I need and he is refusing to give it to me.” 

“I am not refusing, I am just saying it’s complicated,” Ramon retorted. “What is it that I can do for the two of you?”

Tell us what you know about Urien and the Secrety Society Armor King roared.

Ramon laughed and then sighed. “Urien! Now there is a can of worms that shouldn’t be opened.”

“Ramon, this is serious,” said Tina.

“If it involves Urien then I’m sure it is, but that’s classified information.” Ramon shrugged. “Normally I would have denied even knowing that name, but you’ve caught me at a vulnerable time.”

“Yeah I can tell. You look like hell, Ramon, what happened?” asked Tina.

“You’re going to say that to me after I complimented you earlier? I’m just enjoying my sabbatical. I may have gotten a little lonely and a little bored because the King of Dinosaurs went off and did his own thing (REF: KING VS. KING OF DINOSAURS) and Angel went off and did her own thing (REF: ANGEL VS. R. MIKA) . Hell, I couldn’t even get a hold of Vanessa. (REF: VANESSA VS. CRIMSON VIPER) Feel like I’m out of the loop on things. Now, everyone wants to come talk to me. Where were you guys four bottles ago?” Ramon complained.

“What do you mean doing ‘her own thing’?” Zangief inquired.

Ramon wagged his finger in the air. “No, I’m not that far gone. You can’t trick me into revealing anything.”

“Then I will just have to break your bones!” Zangief declared.

“Just hold on a minute!” Ramon protested. “Now helping either of you can get me in a lot of trouble, but I feel bad. So I will help one of you out, but which one?”

Armor King made it clear he wasn’t interested in any of Ramon’s games and vocalized support of Zangief’s idea to break Ramon’s bones.

“If you guys gang up on me then you all walk away with nothing. However…. Yes I think that will work. Zangief and Armor King, you two have a wrestling match, and I’ll help whoever wins.”

Tina was incredulous. “Ramon, are you insane?”

“No, just really bored. There hasn’t been any action here in awhile and I just booked a dream match on the fly. You can’t tell me you’ve never wondered who would win in a match between these two,” said Ramon.

“I mean, yeah, but now is not the time. The world is in danger,” stated Tina.

Ramon scoffed. “There is something you need to realize, the world is always in danger. It can wait a little while longer. An opportunity like this doesn’t come along every day.”

“If this is what is required so that I can avenge sweet Mika, I will comply,” Zangief declared before turning to face Armor King. “Nothing personal.”

Armor King growled his displeasure at this turn of events, but acquiesced. If it meant they would get a lead on Urien, then it would be worth it.

Another solid match and set up. Just keeps getting better. Congratulations on #150!

I think Armor King has a chance here. He is certainly more flexible and has a strong moveset that can't be ignored. I'll have to think on this.

Another good set-up, Johnny. Congrats on the arc reaching its 150th match! Interesting that it's mainly characters from various factions catching up with one another.

As for the match, Armor King looks like a very skilled wrestler with quicker strikes, Zangief's probably equally skilled in the art, stronger, and a better grappler. I think Zangief takes this in a good skirmish. 

Frankly, there's a not-so-small part of me that wishes that Zangief and Armor King would team up put a beatdown on smartass Ramon, but that's just me.

18 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Another good set-up, Johnny. Congrats on the arc reaching its 150th match! Interesting that it's mainly characters from various factions catching up with one another.

True, which is a result of 1. the "world" needing to shrink and fighters from the different sub-arcs needing to come together as there are fewer and fewer winners and 2. trying to create situations for a battle when so many of the villains and natural antagonists for the arc have already lost. 

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.70 - Twogunkid
4.50 - SSJRuss
4.40 - DSkillz
4.20 - Pizzaguy2995

FPA Calculation:
4 Total Votes cast
17.80 Total Combined Score
17.80 / 4 = 4.45 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Armor King: 2