Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Johnny Castle at this Wiki
Official Site: Lionsgate

Battle Terrain
Romance Scenario: Lieutenant Uhura

Wow, tough one.

Both Jones and Castle are quite the ladies' men, and neither will settle down with just any woman (though I kinda have to wonder what Indy was thinking with Willie Scott ... 🙄). 

I will say that it would be entertaining to watch Uhura be passionate with and learn some dance moves from Johnny.

This seems like a really obvious win for Indy. If she’s going on an adventure and is generally wanting excitement, then Indy is going to provide that far more than a dance instructor. Also a Star Trek/Indiana Jones crossover is far more entertaining than Trek/Dirty Dancing. Indy should be Uhura’s pick in this fight.

3 hours ago, Mercenaryblade said:

Indy's only drawback is the era he lives in, while Indy certainly isn't a bigot Uhura might have a tough time adventuring with him. 

She’s time traveling in general I believe by the scenario, and taking one of these two along. this would make Indy even more of an attractive job pick, as he could probably help her pick out time periods to visit.

I don’t think Uhura is going to have any trouble with Indy and his era. She’s a time traveling genius in this scenario, so I don’t see that being an issue.

6 hours ago, Magnamax said:

This seems like a really obvious win for Indy. If she’s going on an adventure and is generally wanting excitement, then Indy is going to provide that far more than a dance instructor. Also a Star Trek/Indiana Jones crossover is far more entertaining than Trek/Dirty Dancing. Indy should be Uhura’s pick in this fight.

Actually, after looking up Uhura, nothing seems to indicate that she's particularly adventurous. One of her favorite activities is stated to be singing, so that could mesh well with Johnny's dancing skill. He could teach Uhura some graceful moves, while she sings and/or hums a love song to help get things into the right mood. 

1 hour ago, DSkillz said:

Actually, after looking up Uhura, nothing seems to indicate that she's particularly adventurous. One of her favorite activities is stated to be singing, so that could mesh well with Johnny's dancing skill. He could teach Uhura some graceful moves, while she sings and/or hums a love song to help get things into the right mood. 

The scenario states that she is “on a time travel adventure,” and she is on a spaceship specifically sent to go find things that haven’t been found, which sounds pretty adventurous. Indy is 100% going to be able to give her a better time-traveling adventure and is a much more interesting person for her to be with. Uhura shared romantic interests with Kirk, who seems much closer to Indy than Johnny.

At best, Johnny will try to teach her some very outdated dance moves and she’ll get bored. Indy can talk about countless historical relics, his experiences with angels and aliens and give her a roadmap to time travel with.

2 hours ago, Magnamax said:

She’s time traveling in general I believe by the scenario, and taking one of these two along. this would make Indy even more of an attractive job pick, as he could probably help her pick out time periods to visit.

I don’t think Uhura is going to have any trouble with Indy and his era. She’s a time traveling genius in this scenario, so I don’t see that being an issue.

It said a time travel adventure, in Trek that usually happens by accident. Temporal affairs hate time travel incidents. 

1 hour ago, DSkillz said:

Actually, after looking up Uhura, nothing seems to indicate that she's particularly adventurous

Nothing other than the fact that she's on a spaceship who's explicit purpose is to explore the unknown. Lol what are you on about? 

25 minutes ago, Mercenaryblade said:

It said a time travel adventure, in Trek that usually happens by accident. Temporal affairs hate time travel incidents. 

Sure, “Time Travel Adventure” indicates to me that they will be traveling through time together. Regardless, Indy seems MUCH more interesting to Uhura than Johnny.

Uhura shared romantic interests with Kirk, ...

You probably don't wanna use that as an example. They were explicitly forced to kiss in the episode Plato's Stepchildren, and haven't really shown any real romantic interest before or since.

The closest we see to a glimpse of Uhura's romantic interests would be an alternate version of her falling for Spock after being impressed with his musical talents. Not that that's pertinently relevant to the main Uhura, but it does hint at her own interests in music, along with the fact that she normally sings to her crew. As mentioned, it wouldn't be difficult to imagine her humming and singing along as Castle teaches her a routine.

At best, Johnny will try to teach her some very outdated dance moves and she’ll get bored.

Considering this is a time-traveling adventure (which would no doubt include trips to the past), I'm not sure how concerned Uhura would be with what's "outdated". In fact, considering she's already used to time travel in the crew's normal treks, she would actually be likely to show an appreciation for cultures of past, present, and future.

19 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

You probably don't wanna use that as an example. They were explicitly forced to kiss in the episode Plato's Stepchildren, and haven't really shown any real romantic interest before or since.

The closest we see to a glimpse of Uhura's romantic interests would be an alternate version of her falling for Spock after being impressed with his musical talents. Not that that's pertinently relevant to the main Uhura, but it does hint at her own interests in music, along with the fact that she normally sings to her crew. As mentioned, it wouldn't be difficult to imagine her humming and singing along as Castle teaches her a routine.

Considering this is a time-traveling adventure (which would no doubt include trips to the past), I'm not sure how concerned Uhura would be with what's "outdated". In fact, considering she's already used to time travel in the crew's normal treks, she would actually be likely to show an appreciation for cultures of past, present, and future.

Fair enough.

You aren’t addressing the main point: Indy is just a more interesting person. Uhura has an interest in singing, that means nothing in terms of how she is going to attracted to Johnny. Again, Indy can talk about aliens, angels and countless historic artifacts. There is simply no way she is going to find a mere dance instructor more interesting. Also, Indiana Jones is far more entertaining than Johnny for a story.

19 hours ago, Magnamax said:

Fair enough.

You aren’t addressing the main point: Indy is just a more interesting person. Uhura has an interest in singing, that means nothing in terms of how she is going to attracted to Johnny. Again, Indy can talk about aliens, angels and countless historic artifacts. There is simply no way she is going to find a mere dance instructor more interesting. Also, Indiana Jones is far more entertaining than Johnny for a story.

I'm not trying to downplay Indy at all. But you're definitely downplaying Johnny.

Castle's a dude that, much like Jones, charms just about every woman he comes across, of almost all ages, without even trying. He's good enough at both charm and dancing that, even despite his own doubts, he taught Baby, who knew nothing about the merengue, to be good enough at it to put on a spectacular dance number with him at the end of Dirty Dancing. 

Also, I'm not sure how you can say Uhura's interest in song won't translate with Johnny interest in dancing. Song and dance are kinda intertwined, and I wouldn't be surprised if, to help get her into the mood and the rhythm of learning the merengue, Johnny encouraged Uhura to sing and/or hum along with the beat as they danced. Since, as mentioned, she also likes to sing love songs, that could further enhance the mood to something more. 

2 hours ago, DSkillz said:

I'm not trying to downplay Indy at all. But you're definitely downplaying Johnny.

Castle's a dude that, much like Jones, charms just about every woman he comes across, of almost all ages, without even trying. He's good enough at both charm and dancing that, even despite his own doubts, he taught Baby, who knew nothing about the merengue, to be good enough at it to put on a spectacular dance number with him at the end of Dirty Dancing. 

Also, I'm not sure how you can say Uhura's interest in song won't translate with Johnny interest in dancing. Song and dance are kinda intertwined, and I wouldn't be surprised if, to help get her into the mood and the rhythm of learning the merengue, Johnny encouraged Uhura to sing and/or hum along with the beat as they danced. Since, as mentioned, she also likes to sing love songs, that could further enhance the mood to something more. 

I’m not downplaying Johnny. He’s a dance instructor and that’s really the only experience he offers Uhura. The sum total of your argument is that she could hum while he teaches her to dance. 

would it be more entertaining to learn the meringue or go on an adventure that ends in the holy grail, aliens, or angels? Or any other historial artifacts he could show her? Indy is just more interesting pretty easily. Both for a story and for a partner.

Yep, second-straight uphill battle for Johnny.