Helena Shaw vs. Lori Quaid
MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Match 16589 Marshall Law vs. Guile

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART CXXXVII

freedom_survivor___cruise_liner_by_valkovrgor_dccb6w9-350t.jpg.51c8f3f85d731d2400adf883c9a8fd34.jpg

Helena Douglas and Kokoro arrived in front of the holding cells aboard the Freedom Survivor cruise liner just in time to see El Blaze push himself off a wall and take down Lucky Glauber with a round the world hurricanrana. 

“What is going on here?” asked Helena.

Fearful for his job, El Blaze immediately put an end to his match. “Miss Douglas, I can explain.”

“Please do.”

“I confronted El Fuerte out here.  (REF: EL FUERTE VS. EL BLAZE) I believe he is the one responsible for all the madness going on in the ship right now. Before I got the chance to really get some answers I was ambushed by that big clown.” El Blaze pointed to Lucky Glauber.  (REF: LUCKY GLAUBER VS. EL BLAZE)

“Helena, here he is,” called out Kokoro as she ran over to El Fuerte.

Helena and El Blaze joined her next to the defeated chef. “Wake him up.”

Kokoro stirred El Fuerte back to consciousness. The first thing his eyes saw was Helena staring down at him.

“Oh no! Senora Douglas.”

“What is going on here, and don’t you dare lie to me,” Helena scolded.

“Whatever happens to me, por favor save mi familia,” El Fuerte pleaded.

“Your family? From who?” Kokoro questioned.

“Urien! He threatened my family if I didn’t agree to help him,” El Fuerte explained. (REF: MARSHALL LAW VS. JANN LEE)

“There is that name again,” Helena remarked. “El Fuerte, what did you do?”

“I was meant to be a contingency if Shermie failed to throw your ship into chaos,” El Fuerte responded. (REF: HELENA DOUGLAS VS. SHERMIE) “After she was captured I took the smallest shards of Soul Edge from her (REF: ELIOT VS. JOSIE RIZAL) and put them in my food. I could not put in too much or it would have been obvious. I doubt there was enough to infect everyone.”

“But you didn’t need to infect everyone,” Helena guessed.

“No senora,” El Fuerte confirmed. “Only enough to turn this team against itself. Make it crumble from the inside like badly baked bread.”

“Like Paul and Hitomi,” said Kokoro. (REF: HITOMI VS. PAUL PHOENIX)

Helena’s radio buzzed. “Miss Douglas, Miss Douglas.”

“Yes.”

“I just wanted to inform you that we will be docking near the location where Lisa Hamilton said the MIST facility was soon. (REF: MASTER RAVEN VS. GROH) Should we go ahead and proceed. I know it’s a little….uh..  chaotic below deck.”

“I don’t think we are in any kind of shape to lay siege to a secret facility,” El Blaze opined.

“Should we just hold off on going after Victor Donovan and MIST? Shouldn’t our focus be on tracking down this Urien?” asked Kokoro.

Helena struggled with this decision for a few moments. Finally she held her radio close to her lips. “Proceed as normal. We will get things under control down here.”

Both Kokoro and El Blaze regarded Helena with surprise.

“I know Victor is involved with this, I just know he is. We have never been this close to getting him before, and I can’t pass up this opportunity,” Helena explained. “First Donovan and then Urien.”

“What’s the move?” asked El Blaze.

“First things first, you get as many tranquilizer guns as you can from our storage. Take Kokoro, find Zack, and even the man you just beat up…” Helena motioned over to Lucky Glauber. “And try to take anyone down who appears to be infected by the shards. We will incapacitate them until we can find a way to reverse the effects.”

“How will we know who has been infected?” El Blaze inquired.

“It’s all in the eyes, I’ve seen it before,” Kokoro answered. (REF: KOKORO VS. AOI UMENOKOUJI) “Trust me, we will know.”

“What about me?” El Fuerte wondered.

“You are coming with me,” replied Helena. “You, Shermie, and I are going to compare notes on this Urien fellow. I don’t want any more surprises during our assault on MIST. Then you will answer for your crimes.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1797476205_Sonic_Boom28229.jpg.81e25f3e09fbbcf64687a4b434d2a5b1.jpg

In the dining room of the Freedom Survivor, an enraged Colonel Guile tossed Detective Lei Wulong through a stack of chairs. (REF: LEI WULONG VS. GUILE) Lei landed with a thud. He was slowly accepting the reality that Guile was just too strong for him. The detective felt some shame. He knew that Helena Douglas had gone to great lengths to get him to help with this situation. Lei returned to his feet and locked eyes with the orange tinted pupils of the malfested Guile. He was now staring the situation in the face and unsure if he was up to the challenge. Lei was no longer in the best shape of his life, and even if he was he wasn’t sure that would be enough.

“Colonel, you are clearly not the man I met a few hours ago. If the real you is in there somewhere, know that I will find a way to bring you back,” Lei announced. 

“Stop stalling and fight you washed up loser!” shouted Guile.

After having already tried the five animals fighting form to stave off Guile’s attack, Lei now decided to go with the drunken boxer form. The unorthodox stance initially gave Lei a brief window of an advantage as it allowed him to avoid Guile’s aggressive and telegraphed moves.

Lei landed a few punches and then turned his back to Guile to try to land a backward strike. Guile blocked the strike, grabbed Lei Wulong from behind, jumped in the air, and delivered a backbreaker to the super cop on top of his massive shoulders. Lei Wulong rolled over in pain, and then twirled his feet over his head to quickly return to a fighting stance. Guile was waiting and delivered a bone crunching flash kick in Lei’s face.

At that moment, Marshall Law entered the dining room looking for Paul Phoenix after his fight with Jann Lee and run-in with both Leifang and Asuka Kazama. (REF: LEIFANG VS. ASUKA KAZAMA)

“Hey Paul are you in here, buddy? Where are you at?” he called.

Law wondered if Paul and Hitomi had made it far from the dining room. He hoped they were safe.

Suddenly, the entire dining room shook. Law witnessed Guile delivering a thunderous Sonic Boom to Lei Wulong out of the corner of his eye. The Hong Kong lawman fell unconscious to the floor.  Law immediately took note of the frightening orange color of Guile’s eyes. His eyes and facial expression were the same as Jann Lee’s when they fought. This made Marshall Law uneasy. His eyes moved down to Lei Wulong laying helpless at Guile’s feet. Law felt he had to intervene. He was the one that had built up Detective Lei to Helena Douglas for his own selfish reasons (REF: MARSHALL LAW VS. LAU CHAN), and now the man was being pummeled by a hyper aggressive army colonel.

“This might be a mistake.” Law whispered to himself. “But It’s definitely the right thing to do.”

Law put thensearch for his best friend on hold and approached the infected World Warrior veteran.

Guile lifted Lei Wulong into the air to hurt him some more.

“Hey! Put him down!” shouted Law. “There is no need to fight him anymore. He is already beaten.”

Guile dropped him unceremoniously back on the ground. “He is too weak. You’re all too weak. I will demolish every one of you myself.”

“We will just have to see about that,” Law countered.

Another good set-up, Johnny. So El Fuerte didn't make it far after losing to El Blaze and Guile apparently beat Lei Luwong without too much trouble. It's going to be quite interesting to see what happens from here.

I see you made a couple of noticeable mistakes here: 

"Kokoro stirred El Blaze back to consciousness." 

Pretty sure you meant "El Fuerte". Also, ... 

(REF: MARSHALL LAW VS. GUILE

Marshall was actually facing Lau Chan in that match.

All-in-all, though, a very good match. 

As for the fight, Guile could probably take Law in a tough fight under normal circumstances, but here Guile's under the influence of the shards and therefore not fighting with a clear head, and also isn't really fresh after just going through a fight. Given all that, I think Law might win in a pretty tough fight.

9 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Another good set-up, Johnny. So El Fuerte didn't make it far after losing to El Blaze and Guile apparently beat Lei Luwong without too much trouble. It's going to be quite interesting to see what happens from here.

I see you made a couple of noticeable mistakes here: 

"Kokoro stirred El Blaze back to consciousness." 

Pretty sure you meant "El Fuerte". Also, ... 

(REF: MARSHALL LAW VS. GUILE

Marshall was actually facing Lau Chan in that match.

All-in-all, though, a very good match. 

As for the fight, Guile could probably take Law in a tough fight under normal circumstances, but here Guile's under the influence of the shards and therefore not fighting with a clear head, and also isn't really fresh after just going through a fight. Given all that, I think Law might win in a pretty tough fight.

Ahh, you are correct sir. Let me fix that right away.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.70 - DSkillz
5.00 - patrickthekid
4.00 - SSJRuss

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
13.70 Total Combined Score
13.70 / 3 = 4.57 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Marshall Law: 1
Guile: 5