Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Match 16582 Rogue vs. Demona

Movie-Brat

June 5th, 2018 A.D. 

She may have gone to Krakoa but that did not stop Rogue from occasionally visit New York. She loved being on the island with her mutant comrades, no longer to deal with the  prejudices of humans. But at the very least, she had human friends, even those who weren't mutants despite their super powers. As far as she was concerned, she was both a member of the X-Men and a member of the Uncanny Avengers. 

She was nostalgic being on that through their ups and downs while she was field leader. Able to hold off on her in battle, leadership and even against the courts. She was an Avenger at heart even despite living far away from New York. Nevertheless, she had plans to meet up with a few old friends/comrades. Janet Van Dyne aka The Wasp had invited her to a fashion show. 

Rogue had thought, "why not?" It'd be a fun way to reconnect with old friends. But first, she wanted to at least stop by Manhattan before going into Times Square. Just to at least look around the sights for the hell of it. She had come by around 4:00 P.M. and the show didn't start until 7:00 P.M. She figured she had much time to spare. 

Having a little snack, a pretzel, she was about to enter the subway seeing it was 6:10 on one of the digital clocks and the sun was just coming down. 

'Better get going!' She thought. 

Just as she was about to race down, something had caught her eye. 

Something flew out of an alleyway fast that nobody spotted it except her. Rogue's eyes followed what looked like a kind of humanoid shaped figures with wings and claws. Rogue flew up herself but kept herself low that she wouldn't be seen by who she was following. 

The pursuit began. Rogue had to continuously hide behind building after building to avoid detection and for the most part, it worked. Who she followed seemed none the wiser. And finally after a few minutes, she tracked the suspicious figure to an abandoned building in The Bronx. 

Landing on the ground, Rogue grabbed her phone to dial Janet.

"Janet?"

"Yeah? Rogue, where are you?"

"Sorry ah'm runnin a little late. But something weird is going  on in the Bronx! Just in case, Ah think ah'm gonna need a little help!"

"I'm on my way!"

With that, Rogue managed to break open the door albeit silently and made her way through the top of the building. Finally, she peered in through one of the rooms. She eyed on a particular sight. 

A room full of machines and devices and yet with a spellbook and cauldron. To her, it seemed somebody tried to mix Frankenstein and Dungeons and Dragons. 

'What in the world?' Rogue thought to herself. 

Then she saw the humanoid figure. She had wild, dark red hair, blue skin, a modest but tattered outfit and a gold tiara on her forehead. Rogue realized this was a gargoyle, she had heard about them. But wondered what was a gargoyle doing in the Bronx. 

"Now all I need are the finishing touches." Demona said as she picked up a spellbook.

CRUNCH! 

The gargoyle's eyes glowed red and growled in irritation. 

"Don't know what you're planning, lady!" Rogue said, as she was now dressed her X-Men uniform. "But mah gut feeling is telling me you're up to no good!"

Demona stared in shock and looked to her spellbook. She found the page she was looking for. Bizarrely, resembled Rogue herself but as a more ethereal, goddess. 

"Looks like the gods have smiled on me for a change!" Demona smirked. 

"What are you talking about?" Rogue asked in confusion. 

Demona in response, showed her opponent the page from the spellbook. 

"You are the goddess of power I've been looking for!" Demona said. "I was going to use a spell to track the reincarnation but it seems you came to me instead. You can give life but also take away! I need you to destroy the humans!"

She continued as she pointed to a spherical designed machine. "To do, I will need to strap you into that machine and I will work the rest."

Rogue raised her eyebrows in confusion, even disturbed at her plans. 

"Lady, Ah'm not a goddess." Rogue said. "And trust me, Ah've met mah share of gods. Even if Ah was, Ah would have known by now. Even then even if Ah was one, Ah wouldn't do what you say!"

"You either do as I say or I force you!" Demona growled irritably. 

Rogue was convinced she was not going to let this go. 

"Lady, Ah'm no damsel in distress." Rogue said. "So ah ain't going to take this!"

"Then by force it is!" Demona roared as she lunged at the mutant.

"Bring it on, sugar!" Rogue said as she charged at the gargoyle. 

With that, the two clashed and the fight began. 

------

I played around with continuity I admit but having the fight take place in 2021, mmm, not sure if that's in good taste. Plus, I always consider Rogue both a member of the X-Men and the Uncanny Avengers anyway and yes, I'm a huge fan of the latter. Rogue is awesome, okay? 

But anyway, Rogue has her super strength, flight and of course her absorption abilities while Demona has her strength and weaponry. 

Pretty good set-up, Movie-Brat. This is a good way to bring Rogue into the Gargoyles' world. Since she still has Wonder Man's powers, though, she crushes Demona (though Demona likely won't die due to the immortality spell cast on her).

• Like 1

I may need to read up on Rogue's current power set, but unless I'm mistaken she outclasses Demona in strength by a significant margin. It is cool to see Gargoyles in a match again. Just another reminder I need to do the Demona/William Riker match I have been putting off.

I would have never picked up on the jab toward the first X-Men movie. Granted, I don't remember much about the first X-Men movie and I give it a lot of leeway for being the first of the modern comicbook movies and not knowing really what to do.

I like the match. I give it a 5.0.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Movie-Brat said:

By the way, admittedly I put in a small jab towards the first X-Men film given I never liked how the films portrayed her or in the case of the first film, damsel in distress. 

Heh, yeah, I think I caught that.

But I think the films' more introverted take on Rogue made sense in a way. Given her powers and how she discovered them, comics Rogue was likely just as introverted and scared as a teen until she joined mutant teams, both good and bad.

Still, IMO, movie Rogue was portrayed closer to a young Kitty Pryde, although she wasn't even quite as spirited as Kitty, either.

23 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Heh, yeah, I think I caught that.

But I think the films' more introverted take on Rogue made sense in a way. Given her powers and how she discovered them, comics Rogue was likely just as introverted and scared as a teen until she joined mutant teams, both good and bad.

Still, IMO, movie Rogue was portrayed closer to a young Kitty Pryde, although she wasn't even quite as spirited as Kitty, either.

Like, I get that idea but I don't know. It always felt like they nerfed her. And it got worse with the third movie. 👎 

But either way, i couldn't help myself. XD 

Demona's got some big tasks to take on... She's taking on a Marvel character.

And those guys are HARD, if not downright impossible to take down at times.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.00 - JohnnyChany
5.00 - Venom 2009
5.00 - patrickthekid
4.00 - DSkillz

FPA Calculation:
4 Total Votes cast
18.00 Total Combined Score
18.00 / 4 = 4.50 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Rogue: 5