MATCH SCORE
Waspinator: 3
Grumble Bee: 2

Match 16580 Basara vs. Necalli

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART CXXXV

1100317601_TornSkyBlast.jpg.189dea75533c4dc09aace4f9886fb9c0.jpg

Outside of Heihachi Mishima’s residence, the battle between Kasumi and Kazumi Mishima was fierce.  (REF: KASUMI VS. KAZUMI MISHIMA) A flying kick from Kasumi sent the Mishima matriarch backward. Kasumi was clearly the strongest woman that Kazumi Mishima had ever faced. Kazumi knew that if she had any hope of defeating the kunoichi she would have to fully tap into her devil gene. So she did. Just as she had done against the tengu, Nyotengu. (REF: NYOTENGU VS. KAZUMI MISHIMA)

A small gasp came from Kasumi at the sight of her opponent’s transformation. Both Kazumi’s hair and skin turned completely white, her eyes turned red, and horns grew from her skull. Wings of fire protruded from her back.

“You are very quick,” Kazumi admitted. “Are you quick enough?”

Kazumi levitated in the air and fired a devil beam directly at Kasumi. The Mugen Tenshin ninja dodged in time and looked back as the red beam cut through the courtyard.

“That attack might burn a hole right through me,” she remarked.

“Hesitate and you will find out,” warned Kazumi.

The two warriors then lunged toward one another and resumed their clash.Kasumi could tell that Kazumi was noticeably stronger in this form. Devil Kazumi took the early advantage with a series of kicks and knee strikes. Kasumi was able to counter by teleporting around Kazumi while striking her, ending the assault by teleporting behind Kazumi and launching her from behind.

Before she could continue with another move, Devil Kazumi stopped herself from falling and flew head first into the Dead or Alive veteran, putting her down with a lot of force. Devil Kazumi followed with another Devil Beam. This time it found its mark, ripping across Kasumi’s chest. Kasumi writhed in pain.

“You must understand, I will complete my mission. And no one will stop me. Not you, not anyone,” Devil Kazumi foretold.

“What about my mission,” Kasumi said weakly. “My mission is bigger than just myself.  (REF: TAKI VS. KASUMI) Everyone is counting on me. (REF: KASUMI VS. MASTER RAVEN) I can’t let them down..”

Kasumi teleported away just as Kazumi attempted to come down with a thunderous kick. 

“The world is at stake!” she continued as she reappeared behind Kazumi’s demonic form.

Kasumi attacked her opponent with rapid fire strikes, disappearing and reappearing again whenever Kazumi attempted a counter. A flip kick momentarily stunned Kazumi and the runaway ninja slammed Heihachi’s former wife into the sidewall of Heihachi’s home with a double palm strike. 

Sensing an opening to end this fight, Kasumi gathered all of her ki into her palms and blasted Kazumi Mishima with a pink Torn Sky Blast. The beam of immense energy tore a hole through Kazumi’s chest and came out the other side. The recently revived mother of Kazuya (REF: CHIZURU KAGURA VS. KAZUMI MISHIMA) fell dead to the ground. Kasumi breathed a sigh of relief.

There was some pity in Kasumi’s gaze as she glanced down at her now defeated foe. “I hope that your soul can find peace. Know that we will bring your family to justice. You have my word.”

Kasumi was happy that one demonic force feeding into Soul Edge had been defeated, yet she knew there were more that needed to be eliminated. There was no time for contentment or basking in her victory. After a few moments, Kasumi teleported away in an explosion of cherry blossoms.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CYS.jpg.30632d1ff71b2f980de4598a47bc6636.jpg

Inside a remote cave, A white haired man with a red jacket, no shirt, and white pants discussed plans with a brown haired teenage boy also with white pants and a blue top. They were two thirds of the CYS rock band as well as two members of the Orochi worshipping Hakkesshu, Yashiro Nanankase and Chris.

“Tell me again why we are here?” asked Chris.

“To release an ancient yurei driven by bloodlust,” answered Yashiro. “He was sealed up down here by an old sorcerer. With his help we can unseal Orochi once more.”

“But what about…”

“Don’t worry I haven’t forgotten about the mystical mud man you say has been chasing you since we emerged from Verse. Just another reason to set Basara free,” explained Yashiro. “But first we will need him to help us find Shermie.”

“How can this thing help us? We still don’t know why she disappeared  (REF: SARAH BRYANT VS. MATURE) or where she is,” (REF: ELIOT VS. JOSIE RIZAL) stated Chris. 

“Exactly. It’s hard to investigate when there are so many out there who want us dead.” Yashiro waved a dismissive hand. “Including that creature you keep talking about. I am sure we can convince Basara to hunt down all our enemies and that he would enjoy doing it. Then we can be free to find Shermie.”

This made sense to Chris. “Ok then let’s get started.”

Yashiro pulled out a scroll of ancient text and he and Chris recited the incantations inscribed on it.

Soon after, insane laughter flooded through the cave. A pale, grey skinned man with blue hair and very large fingernails apperated from a shadow. He wore a demented grin on his face and carried around a large triple bladed shuriken attached to a chain. As quickly as he appeared from one shadow he disappeared into another. Although he was no longer visible, his high pitched voice still echoed off the walls.  

“Who are you and what do you want?” he demanded.

Yoshiro presented himself. “I am Yoshiro and this is Chris. Basara, we have come to bargain with you.”

“What is a bargain in the face of this maddeningly dark light? I don’t know. Kagaribi, do you think I should just dine in their blood right now?”

“Who is he talking to?” whispered Chris.

Yoshiro shrugged, but remained undeterred by Basara’s threat. “I know you were sealed by the sorcerer, Amakusa. Help us bring back Orochi and I can promise you will never be sealed again.”

“All I desire is for my spirit to be with my beloved Kagaribi again,” replied Basara. “But the hunt never ends.”

“If your soul needs to be set free, Orochi can do that too. Such is his power,” promised Yashiro.

There was no immediate response, nor did Basara reappear. Suddenly a mud puddle materialized on the cave floor. Yashiro’s eye caught it immediately and stepped into a fighting stance.

“Basara, if you are trying to test us, we are more than up for the challenge,” Yashiro stated confidently.

Basara’s maniacal laughter bounced off the walls. “That is not me!!”

“Huh?”

Chris glared down at the mysterious puddle as something began to emerge from it. “It’s him! The monster I told you about.”

Yoshiro groaned. “Very inconvenient timing.”

A huge head of dreads was the first thing to pop up out of the puddle. Followed by a muscular body covered in cross cutting scars. The figure that emerged appeared like a man and wore a tattered white kilt. He also growled like an animal.

“Just what the hell are you?” shouted Chris.

“I am the jaws of death. The souls of warriors must return to me,” the mysterious figure responded.

“No thanks. We have been trapped inside another before. Once was enough,” Yoshiro retorted.

The figure’s facial expression became more intense. “Devour-our...our!”

“No one is devouring me.” Chris and Yoshiro readied themselves to fight.

Just then, Basara reappeared from the shadows and stepped in front of both Chris and Yoshiro.

“Kagaribi, we must find out if they can deliver what they promise. But we won’t get the chance with this thing in the way. Let us dance in violence, creature!”

“I am Necalli, I consume all before me!” yelled the mysterious figure.

Basara lunged at the ancient Aztec entity.

Yoshiro smiled. “Alright, the three of us can take this thing no problem.”

Chris stopped his movement with a hand on his chest. “Let’s see what this Basara yurei can do. We went through a lot of trouble to set him free.”

I kind of want to give this Necalli as he is more or less a predatory Aztec golem that is quite predatory in his approach to his fights, and he has devoured countless fighters in the past which only feed to his own power and ability. As far as I know, the only way to avoid being consumed by Necalli is to be in touch with the Power of Nothingness, which is something that prevented Ryu from even so much as being touched by Necalli, and even Dhalsim said that he couldn't feed upon his soul.

This is not the case for Basara here. And given his psychopathic tendencies, and even his violent approach-- he would be making himself a delectable snack for Necalli. I really don't see any way for Basara to put Necalli down for long. It's going to be a long and dragged out fight but it's not a matter of IF Necalli can take down Basara, it's simply a matter of when. And when that does happen... Basara's going to be devoured.

On 6/8/2021 at 12:46 AM, RakaiThwei said:

I kind of want to give this Necalli as he is more or less a predatory Aztec golem that is quite predatory in his approach to his fights, and he has devoured countless fighters in the past which only feed to his own power and ability. As far as I know, the only way to avoid being consumed by Necalli is to be in touch with the Power of Nothingness, which is something that prevented Ryu from even so much as being touched by Necalli, and even Dhalsim said that he couldn't feed upon his soul.

This is not the case for Basara here. And given his psychopathic tendencies, and even his violent approach-- he would be making himself a delectable snack for Necalli. I really don't see any way for Basara to put Necalli down for long. It's going to be a long and dragged out fight but it's not a matter of IF Necalli can take down Basara, it's simply a matter of when. And when that does happen... Basara's going to be devoured.

Thanks for the comments, Rakai. I don't know if you have to be in touch with the Nothingness to at least fend Necalli off. Bison did it in Street Fighter V and even FANG's poison attacks appeared to have some effect. And Necalli backed off.

I guess the question is just if you believe Basara is strong enough to do so. 

Good set-up and interesting recap, Johnny.

The arc takes an interesting turn with these two psychopathic fighting entities. After looking them up, I'd have to agree that Necalli would likely win in a long, brutal fight.