Slot: The Team's Platformer
Season Wins: 2
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Rayman at Wikipedia
Official Site: Ubisoft

Battle Terrain
Platformer Challenge: Cuphead

This feels like more of a Sora challenge. Rayman would do great in the run-n-gun sections, but Sora would do much better against the bosses, and considering the bosses outnumber the running stages 5:2, I think Sora would be favored here probably, unless Rayman has better feats against boss-type characters than I'm remembering

Never played Cuphead, but I just watched a playthrough for the first few levels. While I think both Sora and Rayman might do well here, I think Sora has a more diverse moveset, whether it's attacking, dodging, or all-around movement, and even has better defense with his various spells. His Superglide allows Sora to move faster than Rayman, and the enemies he takes on are a good deal tougher than Rayman's or Cuphead's.

Overall, I think Sora wins due to having more overall options to attack and defend with.

On 6/2/2021 at 7:03 PM, DSkillz said:

Never played Cuphead, but I just watched a playthrough for the first few levels. While I think both Sora and Rayman might do well here, I think Sora has a more diverse moveset, whether it's attacking, dodging, or all-around movement, and even has better defense with his various spells. His Superglide allows Sora to move faster than Rayman, and the enemies he takes on are a good deal tougher than Rayman's or Cuphead's.

Overall, I think Sora wins due to having more overall options to attack and defend with.

I agree with all of this.

5 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I would just like to add that I think Sora is really pushing the definition of "platformer" 

I had the same thought, like he's an RPG character

14 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I would just like to add that I think Sora is really pushing the definition of "platformer" 

Eh, that's kinda debatable. KH characters use mostly platforming moves to get around when they're not on gummi ship missions. 

Also, to be fair, Cuphead isn't a pure platformer, either.

40 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Eh, that's kinda debatable. KH characters use mostly platforming moves to get around when they're not on gummi ship missions. 

Also, to be fair, Cuphead isn't a pure platformer, either.

Cuphead is far more pure platformer than KH lol. KH is an ARPG through and through