MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Match 16545 Kasumi vs. Kazumi Mishima

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART CXXXI

800890167_heihachifallen.jpg.ff37c4dc01328009f4f966bf942f3c93.jpg

Inside the pagoda temple, Algol’s hands glowed with the blue and red energy of Soul Calibur and Soul Edge respectively. The energy was currently not as strong as it had been centuries ago but it was growing throughout the fight. This fact was not lost on the legendary hero king, and he knew it meant that Soul Edge was gaining power. He needed to end this fight quickly. (REF: ALGOL VS. HEIHACHI MISHIMA) Algol formed energy swords with his hands and sliced through Heihachi’s body. 

Heihachi shouted in pain, but then he stood back up. “I don’t know if you are some kind of wizard, but your magic hurts like few things I have ever felt in my life.” White energy suddenly swirled around Heihachi and he powered up. “In the end, I will still crush you!”

The two powerful fighters both went for an overhead punch and their two fists smashed into each other, sparking an explosion of energy that pushed both fighters backward.

Frustration was setting in for Algol. Heihachi was proving himself to be an even more resilient fighter than Urien, (REF: URIEN VS. ALGOL) much to Algol’s surprise.

“How does a mortal possess such strength?” Algol inquired. “What is the source of your power?”

Heihachi simply cackled in response.

“No matter. It still pales in comparison to mine,” Algol declared.

Heihaci kicked Algol in the chest. Algol took in the blow and responded by throwing Heihachi in the air. He blasted Heihachi with a blue ball of energy from his Soul Calibur hand. Heihachi fell to the ground and on one knee. Algol manifested his throne out of the thin air and used it as a weapon to batter Heihachi into the ground and hopefully into submission. Algol stopped when Heihachi was no longer moving. He eased up.

Again Heihachi returned to his feet. “Is that all you got?” he taunted.

“I did not come here with the intention of killing you, Heihachi Mishima, but if that’s what it takes to keep you down because you are too stubborn to lose gracefully then so be it,” Algol threatened.

Algol continued his assault on the former leader of the Mishima Zaibatsu. As the fight wore on, Heihachi fought back less and less and Algol’s arrogance continued to grow. Algol was starting to let his guard down. A mix of cockiness and fatigue from the fight had now made Algol vulnerable. Heihachi’s strategy was working, but even he wondered if it was the right plan. The beating he had received from Algol had put Heihachi in such a state that it was even hard for the King of the Iron Fist to move. As he slowly returned to his feet, Heihachi spotted the opening he was looking for. Algol approached him casually trying to figure out the best way to finish the old man off. Heihachi struck fast with a Spinning Demon leg sweep followed by a series of Electric Wind God Fist uppercuts. Heihachi put every ounce of energy he had into these attacks and he finished his combo with a Lightning Hammer overhead punch and an Iron Hand strike right in the middle of Algol’s chest. Algol crumpled to the ground.

“Just another one who is all talk,” Heihachi muttered.  (REF: GEESE HOWARD VS. HEIHACHI MISHIMA)  “Kazumi I am coming for you. I…..”

Heihachi fell face first on the ground. He quickly lost consciousness as he succumbed to the injuries sustained at the hands of the legendary hero king.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kazumkasumi.jpg.5b1e6ce526e6fa50ae19ee4811df7403.jpg

Fights rampaged throughout the Mugen Tenshin camp between the Mugen Tenshin ninjas and the United Nations Intelligence Service agents led by Master Raven. At the center was the fight between Kasumi and the leader of the agents herself. (REF: KASUMI VS. MASTER RAVEN) Master Raven jumped toward Kasumi with a side kick. Kasumi spun away from the attack and then jumped over Master Raven’s back and extended both her legs to kick the braided fighter in the back of the head. Master Raven flew forward and landed on her face. She tried a desperate swipe at Kasumi as the kunoichi came toward her, but Kasumi caught her arm and flipped her over. Kasumi then gracefully jumped on Master Raven’s shoulders before violently stomping on Master Raven’s face like a Stair Master to take her opponent to the ground. Kasumi picked up Master Raven off the ground, rolled backward, and used her legs to launch Master Raven hard into the trunk of a tree.

Kasumi looked around rapidly to take stock of how all the rest of the fighting was going. She could see Ryo Sakazaki and Hayate fighting off agents back to back. A sight that made her smile given their recent scuffle. (REF: HAYATE VS. RYO SAKAZAKI) Kasumi was willing to help wherever she was needed, but everywhere she looked the Mugen Tenshin appeared to be in control. Her contentment was suddenly replaced with some anxiety. What if this wasn’t it? Could this just be the first wave? The Mugen Tenshin clan now had a clear bullseye on their back, would they be too big of a target to effectively do what needed to be done? In a rash and sudden decision, Kasumi resolved to go at it alone. She figured she would be able to move faster on her own and they all would be able to cover more ground if they were separated. The goal remained to eliminate the evil that was feeding into Soul Edge. The Mugen Tenshin, led by Hayate, could focus their energy on eliminating some of the more obvious mass producers of negative energy while Kasumi targeted the ones in the shadows. And Kasumi knew exactly where to start.

There was no way Hayate would go along with this plan so Kasumi elected not to tell him.

“Good luck brother...Ryo,” she whispered before disappearing in a cloud of flowers.

Not long after Kasumi departed, the remaining members of the Mugen Tenshin plus Ryo Sakazaki fought off the rest of the UNI service agents. The few agents still standing decided to pick up their fallen leader and retreat. 

Hayate glanced over at Ryo approvingly. “Nicely done.”

“Thank you,” replied Ryo. “I don’t think I’ve ever been in a fight like that before.”

Hayate looked around for his sister, but he could not find her. “Where is Kasumi?”

“I saw her fighting the woman with the strange armor. I don't know what happened to her after that,” Ryo admitted. 

Hayate stepped on a broken tree trunk to get a different vantage point.

“You don’t think some of the agents who retreated could have kidnapped her do you?” Ryo wondered.

Hayate exhaled loudly. “No I don’t. I think she left on her own to take on some of these ‘ancient and modern demons’ as she called them by herself…..Kasumi, you are too impatient and it’s going to get you in trouble.”

“Isn’t that dangerous? Should we try to find her?” asked Ryo.

“No,” replied Hayate. “She said we need to exterminate the evil powering up the Soul Edge sword. Ryu Hayabusa is in possession of the sword now. The longer we delay in removing the sword’s sources of power, the more precarious I fear Ryu’s position becomes. Kasumi can take care of herself, and we can not get sidetracked anymore.” Hayate looked at Ryo for confirmation. “Are you with me?”

Ryo nodded. “Yes, let’s move.”

They had only walked a few feet toward the other ninjas of the Mugen Tenshin clan when an idea struck Hayate. “I suppose it wouldn’t hurt to send  a few of the clan’s ninjas on Kasumi’s trail. Just to provide backup if she requires it.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

227941802_devilkazumiandtiger.jpg.f89bd2fa86aaa4d5309fd1466261dfcc.jpg

After being unable to find any leads on Akuma’s current whereabouts, Kazumi Mishima decided she would just confront her former husband by herself. She was confident in her own abilities, despite the fact that she had failed to kill him before. The most important thing she had learned before her fight outside the library (REF: NYOTENGU VS. KAZUMI MISHIMA) was that Heihachi had turned into an even more ruthless monster than she had feared. He and their son needed to be destroyed. 

When Kazumi arrived at Heihachi’s residence, she did not find the father of her son. However, there was someone else there waiting for her. A brunette kunoichi dressed in blue.

“Kazumi Mishima! I can not let you pass!” Kasumi declared.

“Do you work for Heihachi?” asked Kazumi.

“No. I was nearby during your resurrection, though.  (REF: CHIZURU KAGURA VS. KAZUMI MISHIMA)  Perhaps if I hadn’t been distracted by a different battle I could have prevented it,” said Kasumi. (REF: TAKI VS. KASUMI)  “I’m not sure what demonic forces brought you back, but I am here to fix that mistake. The fate of the world may depend on it.”

Kazumi vehemently disagreed. “The fate of the world is why I must have been brought back, so that I could finish what I started. Heihachi is an evil man that needs to be expunged from this world.”

“The rest of the Mishimas will be dealt with in time, but you are the more immediate threat,” Kasumi countered. “You don’t belong in this realm or in this world anymore. Your continued hate-filled presence here only adds to the power of the Soul Edge sword. I can’t allow that to go on.”

“My mission, my destiny is too important to be dissuaded by the threat of some old weapon,” Kazumi insisted.

Kasumi stepped into her fighting stance. “I did not come here with a plan to stop you with words.”

Ooooooh... Shit, this is going to be tough.

I know for a fact that Kazumi Mishima is definitely someone not to be trifled with and the Devil Gene makes her so powerful... So very powerful to the point where Heihachi had to outright kill her to make sure that her power doesn't destroy him and presumably, the world, which he later set his sights on taking over. Kazumi is definitely one powerful fighter...

However, Kasumi is no stranger when it comes to dealing with supernatural enemies as she's more or less had her share in dealing with demons. Of course, I am speaking about the Fiends from the Ninja Gaiden games, assuming we count those as DOA and NG are in the same shared universe. We know she aided Hayabusa indirectly during the events of Ninja Gaiden 2 (although she was largely off-screen until two cameos) and then she also helped out in Ninja Gaiden 3.

It's going to come down to experience, speed, skill and strength...

Kasumi definitely has the speed, skill and experience considering she's helped Hayabusa take on Fiends and also had to deal with someone like Raidou and Alpha-152. But Kazumi Mishima... I would say she has more strength.

If I had to say... I'm going with Kasumi here as I feel like she has more versatility with her hand to hand skills, blade skills and technique, and even ranged abilities with her Torn Sky Blast ability and utilization of throwing weapons like shurikens. It's going to be close, Kasumi will be bruised and battered, possibly broken... but Kazumi Mishima won't be the one walking away from this.

On 5/31/2021 at 1:38 AM, RakaiThwei said:

Ooooooh... Shit, this is going to be tough.

I know for a fact that Kazumi Mishima is definitely someone not to be trifled with and the Devil Gene makes her so powerful... So very powerful to the point where Heihachi had to outright kill her to make sure that her power doesn't destroy him and presumably, the world, which he later set his sights on taking over. Kazumi is definitely one powerful fighter...

However, Kasumi is no stranger when it comes to dealing with supernatural enemies as she's more or less had her share in dealing with demons. Of course, I am speaking about the Fiends from the Ninja Gaiden games, assuming we count those as DOA and NG are in the same shared universe. We know she aided Hayabusa indirectly during the events of Ninja Gaiden 2 (although she was largely off-screen until two cameos) and then she also helped out in Ninja Gaiden 3.

It's going to come down to experience, speed, skill and strength...

Kasumi definitely has the speed, skill and experience considering she's helped Hayabusa take on Fiends and also had to deal with someone like Raidou and Alpha-152. But Kazumi Mishima... I would say she has more strength.

If I had to say... I'm going with Kasumi here as I feel like she has more versatility with her hand to hand skills, blade skills and technique, and even ranged abilities with her Torn Sky Blast ability and utilization of throwing weapons like shurikens. It's going to be close, Kasumi will be bruised and battered, possibly broken... but Kazumi Mishima won't be the one walking away from this.

Thanks for the comments. I had been eyeing this matchup since I brought Kazumi Mishima into the story and I am just glad that both have made it this far to make it a reality. 

Going with Kasumi here, she’s battled final bosses that were just as powerful as Kazumi and come out on top. Plus she’s just much faster and has more variety in her attacks, so I think she’ll be hitting Kazumi more times then Kazumi will be hitting her.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.80 - DSkillz
4.20 - Pizzaguy2995

FPA Calculation:
2 Total Votes cast
9.00 Total Combined Score
9.00 / 2 = 4.50 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Kasumi: 5
Kazumi Mishima: 2