Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Black Cat at this Wiki
Official Site: Marvel Comics

Battle Terrain
Detective Challenge: Twenty-Four Hour Poison

9 minutes ago, RakaiThwei said:

Someone needs to bar Batman from these detective scenarios! This is a shoe-in for him!

Does this version of Batman really have that great detective feats? In my memory he's more of a strategist/schemer than an actual detective, and while last time I agreed that he would win against the Joker, that was because the Joker is someone every version of Batman is intimately familiar with, this one included. Beyond that though, does he have the detective feats to accomplish this fight within the time limit? I'm not so sure

1 hour ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Does this version of Batman really have that great detective feats? In my memory he's more of a strategist/schemer than an actual detective, and while last time I agreed that he would win against the Joker, that was because the Joker is someone every version of Batman is intimately familiar with, this one included. Beyond that though, does he have the detective feats to accomplish this fight within the time limit? I'm not so sure

You're right, but he still has the experience of Batman past a certain point. In that regard, he should definitely be able to work out the poison within him, but I don't know if he'd be able to talk the antidote out of Black Cat, or beat her in a fight for that matter. She's a Catwoman expy, sure, but she's a lot more powerful from a general sense. Unless he plays right into her tricks, and he won't, cause he's savvy of cat-related seductresses, it will end up being the wrong move when Black Cat is in question.

If this were a younger version of Bruce, he and Felicia would definitely enjoy a fling or two. :) 

• Like 1

I brought this up in the last match that the earth 31 Batman appeared, but it doesn’t just mean the older DKR Batman. We’ve seen this Batman before in All Star Batman and Robin. Even that younger version of Batman doesn’t display a lot of detective aptitude, his one feat that probably means he can win is him disguising his own death. Towards the end of TDKR he says something to the effect of how “good I am with chemicals” and how he was able to hide his death through that.

Edited by Magnamax

7 hours ago, Magnamax said:

I brought this up in the last match that the earth 31 Batman appeared, but it doesn’t just mean the older DKR Batman. We’ve seen this Batman before in All Star Batman and Robin. Even that younger version of Batman doesn’t display a lot of detective aptitude, his one feat that probably means he can win is him disguising his own death. Towards the end of TDKR he says something to the effect of how “good I am with chemicals” and how he was able to hide his death through that.

Yeah but the photo and webpage indicate this is him during the TDKR storyline, and I’m pretty sure that when this version was added to CBUB the idea was that this was the old Batman we saw in TDKR. Old Man Logan was at one point younger and stronger then what we saw in the main storyline, but when someone uses him in a match I’m pretty sure the idea is that he’s in the old man shape we saw him as, otherwise what’s the point in making him a different character from the regular Wolverine?

Anyways being good at faking your own death doesn’t necessarily translate to curing an unknown poison, Miller’s Batman was unfortunately portrayed as a straight knuckle brawler rather a detective or chemist so we really have no proof that he could concoct an antidote on his own. I also wouldn’t bet on him being able to take on Black Cat at this stage either, she’s too fast and skilled for the old man, and I’m pretty sure she could simply outrun him if she decides to simply escape from him.