Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about The Mutants at this Wiki
Official Site: DC Comics

Battle Terrain
Cannon Fodder Challenge: Dodgeball!

A dodgeball game?

Well, since this is just a dodgeball game... then it's strictly athleticism coming to play here rather than which side has more combative skills, ruthlessness, brutality,  etc... I'm willing to go with my side, the mutants on this one. I'm pretty sure that they have some school athletes in their ranks, as a lot of the members in that gang happen to be wayward kids, and more are likely just guys who are in their twenties to thirties looking to cause some trouble. Some might even be athletes in sports for all we know.

Yeah... I'm going with the Mutants here.

There are members of the Crazy 88 who are very skilled, and others who completely suck. If it's a random sampling, the Mutants could definitely win, but if it's the best of them, then the Crazy 88 could probably win. I assume they get to pick their members, in which case I'm probably leaning towards the Crazy 88

20 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

There are members of the Crazy 88 who are very skilled, and others who completely suck. If it's a random sampling, the Mutants could definitely win, but if it's the best of them, then the Crazy 88 could probably win. I assume they get to pick their members, in which case I'm probably leaning towards the Crazy 88

I have to ask on the basis of picking their best...

Are you suggesting they pick their best based on how well they perform martial arts? Because if that's the case, I can say that's... not something to go with. Just because one side is trained in martial arts, doesn't necessarily mean they might be good at sports per se. I say this from personal experience, as back in high school, I was heavy into Tang Soo Do, and trained quite a lot but when it came to soccer games... I wasn't very good at the game, and just because I knew sets of kicks, didn't necessarily mean I was going to be winning the game for my team.

22 minutes ago, RakaiThwei said:

I have to ask on the basis of picking their best...

Are you suggesting they pick their best based on how well they perform martial arts? Because if that's the case, I can say that's... not something to go with. Just because one side is trained in martial arts, doesn't necessarily mean they might be good at sports per se. I say this from personal experience, as back in high school, I was heavy into Tang Soo Do, and trained quite a lot but when it came to soccer games... I wasn't very good at the game, and just because I knew sets of kicks, didn't necessarily mean I was going to be winning the game for my team.

To be fair, dodgeball is a far simpler game than soccer. The Crazy 88 are probably about as likely to have played dodgeball as the super rebellious Mutants are, and they are definitely more nimble, which helps at dodging 

Just pointing out that at the end of The Dark Knight, the Mutants join up with Batman and get trained by him.  Sons of the Bat, I think they start to call themselves.

Thrown Objects training probably on the menu.

On 5/15/2021 at 7:34 PM, Fox said:

Just pointing out that at the end of The Dark Knight, the Mutants join up with Batman and get trained by him.  Sons of the Bat, I think they start to call themselves.

Thrown Objects training probably on the menu.

Yeah but the fact is that the group listed in this match is ‘The Mutants’ not the ‘Sons of the Bat’ so I think we should assume this is the group before they joined up with Batman.

The Crazy 88 should win this match because as ninjas they are naturally more nimble, quicker, and faster on their feet then the Mutants. Another advantage they have are discipline and loyalty; when Batman was beating the crap out of their leader, not one Mutant lifted a finger to help and afterwards the group quickly disbanded and fractured. The Crazy 88 on the other hand fought to the last man against the Bride even after seeing countless man after man be dismembered and killed. Sure that one teen gave up at the end, but the fact that every other member literally threw themselves at the Bride without hesitation tells me they’ll fight longer and harder then the Mutants and won’t give up quite as easily when the tide turns against them.

13 hours ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Yeah but the fact is that the group listed in this match is ‘The Mutants’ not the ‘Sons of the Bat’ so I think we should assume this is the group before they joined up with Batman.

The Crazy 88 should win this match because ...

Solid points.  I think you sold me.