Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Daddy Bigbucks at this Wiki
Official Site: EA Games

Battle Terrain
Detective Challenge: The Death Trap Challenge

12 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

Daddy Bigbucks would be a fun Batman villain though. If a little silly.

Which would make him just about perfect for the 1960's Batman show that starred Adam West (which this challenge seems to represent).

• Like 1

This match is rather interesting to me, as it is essentially comprised of two parts, A) if the Master Criminal can ensnare the detective in a death trap, and  b) if the detective can figure out a way to escape from said trap, and with that stated I can begin to evaluate both parts separately.

A) Could Daddy Bigbucks ensnare Robin in a trap?

• Personally, I'm thinking he could as Daddy B.'s main stick is finding law abiding ways to achieve his arguably criminal ends, with a lawyer as his personal henchwoman to assist him in making sure he can achieve what he desires while remaining legally innocent of any crimes, very similar to characters like Lex Luthor in particular.
  • In addition, Daddy Bigbucks seems to have a great, or least pretty impressive knowledge of science, biophysics specifically, as he create and utilizes a time machine to go back to the past of Miniopolis, the city that his game is set in, in order to alter events so that he owns and controls the entire city in the present. This point to me suggests that his intellect and resources are quite extraordinary as time machines are mostly theoretical in nature at this point and time of the real world, and to develop one would require some pretty intense and extensive knowledge of how the universe, space and time itself works as a whole.
  • Finally, in spite of his looks, Daddy B. is actually quite strong, as he managed to pick up and hurl the protagonist of his game far from the city and into a bayou on the off-skirts of the city, from a dock near a riverboat, which suggests that his age hasn't effected his physical capabilities all that much.

From these points I do believe that Daddy Bigbucks can create a death trap that could ensnare Robin as he often prefers to take down his opponents in ways that they wouldn't ordinarily suspect, and in looking at him, one wouldn't necessarily see him as much of a threat due to his age, and his nature as a greedy, but otherwise clean billionaire, and while Tim is certainly more intelligent than most of the Sims in Bigbucks' game, if Daddy B. did show up in the DC Universe with his abilities in check, I do find it somewhat easy to believe that Tim could be find himself underestimating the old man, and entering a trap because of him, possibly one involving space-time I guess.

B ) Can Robin find a way to escape Daddy Bigbuck's trap?

• This is a bit tricky to say, as Tim would need to know at least some of the more specific elements of Bigbucks' trap, before he could act against it, in order to escape, and in that I think Tim may be slightly out of his league.
  • To clarify, Bigbucks did manage to create and utilize a time machine in his game, a feat that could be slightly diminished due to the source material it originated from, however, one which suggests that Daddy B. has a a decent or strong understanding of quantum mechanics, in order to do so, as in spite of the thoughts that come to mind, time travel is a very hard thing to pull off for anyone in fiction, let alone some old rich guy.
  • Now, while it is a stretch to say that Daddy B.'s intelligence is greater than Tim's, I still see quantum mechanics a being something that Robin might not be able to counter or act against on his own, as I don't really believe Batman has any practical understanding of quantum mechanics either so there's that.
  • All of this is speculative based on the interpretations I can gather from the game in question and certain real life sciences, but if Daddy B. were to use these elements for a trap, against Tim, I could see him potentially gaining a win by forcing Tim into a circumstance he might not be able to escape on his own.
  • On the other hand, Daddy B. could also trap Tim in a legal deathtrap, involving framing, blackmail and the like, which could leave the boy facing death, but in that I don't think the arguments of Tim being able to escape on his own their, are as strong, as Tim would likely know how to deal with such a situation and possibly be ready for it when it comes, so it stands to reason that such a scenario would prove as feasible there.