Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Match 16097 Michelangelo (Mirage) vs. Mai Shiranui

RakaiThwei

Both the Turtles and Psycho Soldier team watched on with anticipation and a sense of dread. The last match up was underway and it was so interesting to see two contrasting opponents engaged in battle. It was truly the embodiment of age versus youth. The embodiment of spirit versus experience. This would be the last match to determine whether the Turtles would proceed on with the tournament, or if any of them had to face the Drunken Master and perhaps risk losing it all right then and there. None the less, both sides had to have faith in the oldest and youngest members of their respective groups.

Michelangelo twirled his nunchaku within his hands, exchanging the handles swiftly as he worked to confuse and awe the Drunken Master— the wily red masked Turtle would swing the nunchaku within his right hand upwards, taking aim for the Drunken Master’s chin, but Chin served to the right all while swinging his left fist across for Michelangelo’s cheek. But Michelangelo raised his right arm up, blocking the strike with his forearm. Chin followed up with the motion by turning in a spin, bringing his right across but Michelangelo leaned back away from the incoming strike to the face. As he leaned back, Michelangelo snapped his right leg forward in a front kick. Chin, slapped the incoming blow down and leaned forward as he rolled out a series of punches.

Michelangelo moved with his body weight, positioning his forearms upward and he moved his arms inward, performing blocks which were motioned horizontally inward to divert the punches away from their intended target which seemed to be his face. The Turtle tensed up his legs, pushing himself up and thrust both his legs out as he slammed his feet firmly onto the older fighter’s chest. Chin, grunted as the Turtle’s feet made contact, and he was sent rolling backwards from the blow but he threw his weight back, and rolled onto his feet. Michelangelo rushed onward, nunchaku spinning within his hands and the moment he neared Chin, the Turtle unleashed the hot nunchuck fury onto the old Drunken Master as best as he could.

Chin ducked, leaned and weaved away from each swing of the nunchaku which the Turtle aimed to unleash. Michelangelo brought the nunchaku within his right hand downward, intending on striking the older fighter down onto the top of his head. Chin instead leaned moved his arms up, using his forearms to stop the wrist of the Turtle, and with a flick of his hand, he took hold of Michelangelo by the wrist, and began to tug back.  Michelangelo pulled back, but Chin leaned forward as he extended his arm, and he snapped his right foot forward, firmly jabbing a strong kick into Michelangelo’s shin. Then Chin shoved Michelangelo away, but rolled out several punches, impacting the young Turtle firmly across the cheeks. On the final strike, Michelangelo dropped down and firmly planting his feet and hands onto the ground, he pushed himself to spin on his shell— and he moved his nunchaku outwards.

“Oh?” Chin raised a brow.

Caught by surprise, Chin felt several blows slamming down onto his shins and knees and he was forced to double over and he curled himself as he threw his weight forward, now rolling away from Michelangelo. Chin winced as he then placed his hands onto his legs, rubbing away at the discomfort which he seemed to be experiencing.

Mikey flipped back onto his feet, already zeroing on Chin. Michelangelo snapped his left leg outward, aiming to deliver a front kick but Chin lurched forward and crossed his forearms, blocking the kick. Michelangelo responded by swinging his right arm down, aiming to deliver the blow onto the older man’s head with his nunchaku. Seeing this, Chin lowered a hand, raising his right arm upward to block away at Michenagelo’s wrist t prevent the weapon from making contact with him only to lean forward and ram his left shoulder into the Turtle’s plastron, pushing him away in the process.

Taking this moment, Chin gripped his flask and popped the cork, only to bring it to his lips and immediately chugged away at the beverage. With a sigh of relief, he placed the cork back and once more assumed his stance.

“Whoever taught you most definitely trained you well!”

Michelangelo just gave a subtle nod, and the red masked wily Turtle then had stepped forward and immediately rushed in towards Chin. The older fighter stood his ground, ready to face the hot nunchuck fury of the reptile but something unexpected happened. Michelangelo turned swiftly only to then drop down and he pulled his arms, legs and his head into his shell, spinning as he skid forward. Chin leapt as high as he could evading the shell of the mutant Red Ear Slider, but as he had landed— Michelangelo popped his head and limbs out once more.

Athena couldn’t help but widen her eyes at the display of unusual skill which Michelangelo displayed, it seemed that it was perhaps more than enough to actually give her Master something of a challenge. And she began to realize… that not everyone about her opponents was not that it seemed. There was no way that a man in a costume could do something like what Michelangelo just displayed. She couldn’t help but raise a hand to her mouth, and give off something of a light gasp. It was no wonder the previous team had something of a hard time.

“How did he do that?” Kensou asked, looking to Athena.

No immediate answer was given, as both had returned their attention to the fight.

Michelangelo twirled his nunchaku within his grasp, spinning them with a level of skill which would make even practiced wielders envious of his talent. He exchanged handles of the weapons, swinging them horizontally and then vertically only to tuck them underneath his arms as he swung downward with them.

Chin moved in, raising an arm as he aimed to slam the back of his wrist up for Michelangelo’s chin but the Turtle swerved his upper body to the left, evading the strike. Turning to spin, Chin leapt and then swung his back fist down for the Turtle’s head. Michelangelo immediately raised his left arm up, using his forearm to block the strike as Chin landed feet first to the ground. The elderly master thrust his right arm forward and out, palm open for a strike as he took aim for Michelangelo’s mids-section, but the red masked terrapin crossed both his arms out, taking the strike full on with his forearms. Chin snapped his right leg forward, striking his foot firmly into Michelangelo’s shin. The Turtle fought through the pain, and watched as Chin rolled out more punches.

“MIKEY, DON’T LET THIS GUY THROUGH!” Raphael shouted.

Michelangelo continued on turning with his hips, positioning his forearms vertically and he motioned them horizontally in an inside outside manner, diverting the punches away from himself. Immediately, he reached out with his arms while gripping his nunchaku, placing his hands down onto Chin’s shoulders and pulled him in. Chin leaned back and raised his right leg up, preventing from Michelangelo attempting to bring him in further. Chin swing his arms upward, breaking Michelangelo’s hold from him and using his raised leg to shove the Turtle away from him with a firm front kick.

Michelangelo glared to Chin, taking in several deep breaths of air all around himself. He couldn’t help but raise a brow as he watched as the older fighter took hold of his flask once more, popping the cord and began to take in large sips from it. He couldn’t help but wonder if he was aiming to get truly drunk in this fight. Chin continued to chug, and when he had his fill, his belly swelled with fluid. But there was more at play than what was shown here… Focusing on the energy flow within himself, Chin worked to have it act as an ignitor. And then whatever liquid was still in his mouth, would assist in what he aimed to do. Chin then blew the beverage out— and it caught a flame.

“MIKEY WATCH OUT!!” Leonardo shouted.

“OH SHIT!” Michelangelo widened his eyes and he immediately tensed up his leg muscles and pushed himself forward and up, taking to the air at a height of eight feet and a distance of six feet.

Gravity pulled the red masked Turtle down, and he slammed feet first down behind the older fighter only to hunch down. Turning in a spin, he brought his left leg back across to the right and smacked his foot to the back of Chin’s ankles. The old man widened his eyes in shock and he dropped back only to then hit the ground. There was an audible crack, and as the Psycho Soldier master rolled back— he raised his flask and saw that it was cracked. Michelangelo rushed in, moving for the final blow but Chin raised a hand.

“I concede. You’ve done well, lad! There’s quite a lot of potential within you! It was a pleasure fighting one as spirited and naturally gifted as you!”

Athena, Kensou and Momoko breathed a defeated sigh but at least they had given their all. Michelangelo nodded, and he gave a thumbs up to Chin before turning to rejoin his brothers. The members of the Psycho Soldier team moved towards the Turtles, sharing their congrats to the four brothers as they exchanged handshakes.

A hard earned victory for the Turtles.

It had turned to the early evening of the day, and the next match was arranged over at Washington Park. It had been something of a while since the Turtles had been there. Upon arriving they were immediately met with a sight that was truly beautiful. In the middle of the area happened to be the Washington Park fountain, and it was illuminated with ambient lights which changed colors of all kinds, giving the fountain something of an ethereal and magical look to it as it changed from violet, red, blue and white. It seemed as if the city really had gone through with the renovations with the park.

“Damn, that’s really nice to look at!” Raphael grinned.

“So this is where the next match is going to be, huh? Well, I have to say that it’s definitely a good spot. Wide open spaces, a good fountain to look at whenever we’re done… Really nice. Also, I am really digging the lights. Gives everything something of a Synthwave appeal to it.” Donatello chimed.

“Yeah, put some Peturbator, Dana Jean Phoenix, Gunship… You’re good to go! Oh, some trance wouldn’t hurt either! Definitely gotta have some trance music here!” Michelangelo smiled as he looked over to his intellectual brother.

Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello and Raphael stepped on ahead as they moved further towards the water fountain. It wasn’t long for them to notice that there already happened to be a group of four people. Three men, one woman and they all seemed to be uniquely attired. There was one man wearing a red cap and jacket, along with a pair of blue jeans and red sneakers— another, with rather eccentric hair and wearing nothing but a pair of orange colored boxing trunks, and wraps found on his hands and his feet. The third man seemed to be wearing something akin to a shinobi shozuko but modified in different ways, wearing colors of white, red and navy blue. And the woman… she was the one who seemed to draw quite the attention, as she appeared to be scantily clad in what seemed to be a red outfit which revealed her figure and cleavage.

“DAYUM!” Michelangelo exclaimed.

The man in the red cap and jacket stepped over towards the Turtles, nudging his head up as he placed his hands onto his hips. Leonardo looked over to the man for a moment, and he had motioned his right hand out—gesturing for his brothers to stop for a moment.

“I’m guessing you guys are our next opponents, huh?” Terry asked.

“We are...” Leonardo responded, matter of factly.

“Guessing the tournament committee decided this place would be where we would be meeting up. So far, you guys definitely have caught some eyes on you. Really hope you are as good as you’ve shown so far.” Terry grinned as he moved a hand up, giving a tip of the hat to the Turtles.

“Alright then, guess pleasantries are done here… Mikey, you’re up first!” Leonardo turned, facing his brothers.

Michelangelo grinned as he now rolled his shoulders forward and he stepped his way over towards the middle of the area, and he looked over to the opposition right now.

“Alright, which one of you wants to fight these cosplayers here?” Terry turned and looked over to his own group.

“These guys claim to be ninjas? They most certainly stand out and really don’t fit the role!” The woman in red stepped forward, her chest bouncing as she swayed her hips.

“Guess you decided to volunteer, huh Mai?” Terry smirked.

“…Seriously, this girlie is giving us a jab about us standing out? She looked in the mirror lately?” Raphael whispered.

Mai had reached in between her cleavage with a hand, only to draw out a red and white fan. Michelangelo couldn’t help but actually blink in momentary surprise as he then had turned around and looked over to his brothers. And then he returned his attention to Mai once more and frowned, slumping his shoulders.

“Dude, this is so not fair!”

“What is not fair?” Mai asked, raising a brow.

“How am I supposed to fight you with those in front of my face?” The red masked ninja pointed.

Mai grit her teeth as she then had flicked her wrist and unfolded the fan in her hand, now entering into the Shiranui-ryu fighting stance as she readied herself to deliver a beat down.

“Oh, not a good way to start the match out, broseph!” Joe spoke, cupping his hands around his mouth.

Leonardo then stepped over to Michelangelo, and the older sibling placed his hands onto the younger’s shoulders and stared him dead in the eyes. Mikey knew that whenever Leonardo had something to say— it was usually very serious and it seemed like one of those moments where he should listen.

“She’s Kunoichi, Michelangelo. We’ve fought other ninja before— especially from the Foot clan. That outfit… It’s meant to distract you, and she knows that. But we know that too… Remember when we fought Pimiko’s Kunoichi? Yeah… It’s going to be a lot like that. So… keep your head in the game.” Leonardo sternly spoke.

“Yeah, gotcha!” Mikey blinked as he nodded quickly.

The red masked wily Turtle moved his hands down, now grabbing onto the chained nunchaku and he twirled them with skill only to then swing them downward and tucked them underneath his arms. He bounced up and down onto his toes, taking in light breaths of air through his nostrils and then stared over to Mai.

“Guess this a match between beauty and the beast, huh?”

“In this story, beauty beats down the beast!”

“Joke. Overhead… Woosh!” Michelangelo responded.

A drone hovered over the area of Washington Park, focusing it’s onboard camera to zoom down on the Turtles and Team Fatal Fury. And from the audio speaker which was mounted on the drone, the announcer commanded for the match to begin.

“C’mon, Mikey! Show’em what Master Splinter taught us!” Raphael shouted, pumping a fist out.

Mai narrowed her eyes as she took in a moment to observe her opponent, and then placed the fan in hand close to her lips and clasped it between her teeth. She rushed forward as fast as she could, closing the space between herself and Michelangelo.

The mutant Turtle then twirled the nunchaku within his hands, and he rushed onwards.

And so, the first match between the Turtles and Team Fatal Fury began…

And now I have finished writing up the next part of my TMNT storyline and I hope that the next team is definitely going to be something of a challenge for the Turtles! I am very familiar with the Fatal Fury team as I have played a lot of the games featuring these characters and know that these guys are veterans as far as participating in the KOF tournament is concerned. A lot of people felt that the Psycho Soldier team wasn't really as much of a challenge for the Mirage Turtles, so I needed to consider my options here and what not. And I figured... why not Team Fatal Fury?

Again, for anyone who is new to this arc, I strongly recommend for anyone who ISN'T familiar with the Mirage Turtles to take a look at the Mirage TMNT Respect Thread to see what they are capable of.

Michelangelo is low tier superhuman in terms of physicals. Think Above Peak Human due to his mutation and physical conditioning.

Michelangelo possesses his Twin Nunchaku, Black Eggs filled with Slime, Sulfur Bombs and Kunai.

Mai Shiranui is in Peak Physical Conditioning.

Mai Shiranui possesses her Fans.

Mai Shiranui has her moveset from the Fatal Fury and KOF games.

Both Combatants are NOT fighting to the death.

I like the new Battle Image of Mai. 😍

8 minutes ago, Venom 2009 said:

I like the new Battle Image of Mai. 😍

You're welcome, because I added it... Seriously, she was due for an update as far as battle images are concerned.

Anyway, thoughts on the battle and potential outcome?

1 hour ago, RakaiThwei said:

You're welcome, because I added it... Seriously, she was due for an update as far as battle images are concerned.

Anyway, thoughts on the battle and potential outcome?

It’s hard for me to say. While I do like Mai, I don’t know much about her. I have seen a few of the TMNT shows and movies, but I’m not familiar with the Mirage comics. I like for Mai to win, but something tells me Michelangelo will be the winner of this fight.

Just now, Venom 2009 said:

It’s hard for me to say. While I do like Mai, I don’t know much about her. I have seen a few of the TMNT shows and movies, but I’m not familiar with the Mirage comics. I like for Mai to win, but something tells me Michelangelo will be the winner of this fight.

Then you might want to look at the Mirage TMNT Respect thread I linked!

I think Mai is tough enough to pull out a win here. Between her flames and fans she has more variety in weapons and can control whether to keep the fight at a distance or up close. In the Fatal Fury Motion Picture she was able to keep up with enemies that were seen catching bullets and flicking them through human skulls and her attacks were seen to create craters in solid stone. Plus, I don’t think Mikey has the discipline to over look her attire. He’s always been the least focused of the turtles.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

I think Mai is tough enough to pull out a win here. Between her flames and fans she has more variety in weapons and can control whether to keep the fight at a distance or up close. In the Fatal Fury Motion Picture she was able to keep up with enemies that were seen catching bullets and flicking them through human skulls and her attacks were seen to create craters in solid stone. Plus, I don’t think Mikey has the discipline to over look her attire. He’s always been the least focused of the turtles.

Mai is definitely someone not to be underestimated but neither is Michelangelo, especially the Mirage version. While most interpretations of Michelangelo as being lazy and undisciplined, this is not true for the Mirage version.

When Michelangelo gets serious, he's actually the Turtle with the most potential. And while Mai has the ability to manifest fire and using her fans, I don't see this as being a problem for Mikey. If you look at the Mirage Turtles Respect Thread, these guys are inhumanly fast.

You reference Fatal Fury the Motion Picture but I don't think that is stated to be canon to the Fatal Fury or KOF games as SNK hasn't mentioned its placement and those anime OVAs are more of an adaptation. 

22 hours ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

I think I agree with this thinking. Mai can match Chun Li in a fight from how I look at it. And while Mikey is good on his own, I don't think he could win this more often than Mai would. Mai wins a close fight. 7/10

Wow, the Fatal Fury Team, that is quite the jump up. I can't think of many teams in KOF better then them. They won in '99 if memory serves. It will be interesting if the pairings go the way I think they will. Although this particular one is already different from what I would have expected.

As for this match, I am also going with Mai. I think her ranged arsenal of pyrokenisis and a seemingly endless supply of steel fans puts her over the top in what should be a fairly even battle.

Excellent as always,  RakaiThwei. 

I guess I am going to have to be that guy who has to support Michelangelo. Well, so be it.

For everyone saying that Michelangelo is immature and undisciplined-- that would be true if this was any other version but the Mirage version. Mirage Michelangelo might be easy going and perhaps one of the more friendly of the Mirage Turtles but unlike every other version of Michelangelo out there, he loves a good fight. And he possesses a natural athleticism to him that even Master Splinter notes makes him so formidable, and he would have been leader of the Turtles had he really applied himself. But he is far from being lazy.

Also, people bring up Mai's fans. I don't think this will be a problem for Michelangelo as he can likely deflect them with his nunchucks. As far as I know, from the games, Mai's fans aren't as fast as bullets and lasers-- both of which Michelangelo has dodged.

https://m.imgur.com/vHdRYBH

https://m.imgur.com/GZ21Dzn

As far as the pyrokinesis or mino which Mai has, that might be an issue for Mikey to deal with... assuming Mai can hit him with techniques like the Ryu-Enbu or Hissatsu Shinobi Bachi. She has to deal with the Metsubushi eye closers or Black Eggs filled with slime. If her eyes get splashed with slime, it's going to distract her. But how is Michelangelo's accuracy to pull that off? Pretty good. In fact, quite impressive.

https://i.imgur.com/KTF0ULA.png

https://m.imgur.com/IuxIy6l

Michelangelo was accurate enough to throw one of his nunchucks against a gunman's throat from a distance, have it ensnare him and choke him out.

Skill wise, I would put Mai Shiranui and Mikey as even... But Michelangelo has been in more perilous situations than Mai. He's even beaten Metahuman level opponents when malnourished and abused.

This speaks volumes of his skill and pain threshold.

https://i.imgur.com/n159hsC.png

https://m.imgur.com/5AYufnM

I think folks are selling Michelangelo short here because they have the toon versions in mind.

Great set-up as always, Rakai. Nice recap with Mikey and Chin.  There's a small part of me that would've liked to see Mikey get tripped up a bit more by Chin's drunken style, though.  

As for the match? Man, I'm not sure I'll be able to decide by the time voting wraps.

I mean, both Michelangelo and Mai are experienced ninja, so they'll both be likely to be familiar with as least some of each other's tricks. As you mentioned, Mirage's Mikey shouldn't have as much of a problem getting distracted as his later counterparts. He also has experience with a good variety of opponents with powers. Mai, though, has experience with varied opponents as well, and has some extra abilities of her own with her flame attacks and apparently infinite supply of fans. I'm still torn here. What I know for sure is that the Turtles are likely to have their toughest time yet with the SNK crew.

As an aside, this Washington Park reminds me a good deal of Grant Park here in Chicago. Grant Park also has a big fountain (Buckingham Fountain) that lights up at night during the summers.

1 minute ago, DSkillz said:

Great set-up as always, Rakai. Nice recap with Mikey and Chin.  There's a small part of me that would've liked to see Mikey get tripped up a bit more by Chin's drunken style, though.  

As for the match? Man, I'm not sure I'll be able to decide by the time voting wraps.

Thank you for the comment regarding the recap fight. Writing down Chin's drunken style was especially difficult and a little frustrating because drunken style is so loose and fluid and it's so different than something hard style like Karate.

As far as the match goes regarding time limit, I think the system doesn't count it in for maybe two to three hours. I know that I submitted this in around 5:00 to 5:30 P.M. on Thursday.

5 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

I mean, both Michelangelo and Mai are experienced ninja, so they'll both be likely to be familiar with as least some of each other's tricks. As you mentioned, Mirage's Mikey shouldn't have as much of a problem getting distracted as his later counterparts. He also has experience with a good variety of opponents with powers. Mai, though, has experience with varied opponents as well, and has some extra abilities of her own with her flame attacks and apparently infinite supply of fans. I'm still torn here. What I know for sure is that the Turtles are likely to have their toughest time yet with the SNK crew.

Michelangelo and Mai Shiranui are ninja through and through but Michelangelo has been trained as a ninja since he mutated while still a baby Turtle, and he didn't see his first real action as a Ninja until the age of thirteen and then fought and killed the Purple Dragons, as well as Shredder and the Foot at the age of fifteen.

As far as Mai Shiranui goes, it's hard to pinpoint when her training began. Also as far as SNK canon goes, Mai Shiranui hasn't killed anyone-- and that's not counting the Fatal Fury OVA anime as they are non-canon.

Both have fought superhuman enemies.

Michelangelo fought mutants, metahumans, supernatural entities, other TMNT teams, and even a giant sized Utrom Shredder.

Mai Shiranui has fought Martial Artists who developed superhuman abilities through training, and some supernatural entities.

It boils down to now who has had the most time doing that.

Glad I caught this one in time this time. First of all, excellent write up as always. I docked you a fraction of a point cause of an extra word here and there but still definitely awesome work. The recap fight with Mikey was especially fun to read, I was as surprised by the shell moves as the Psycho Soldiers seemed to be. 

Now as far as this fight goes, I watched a youtube video of Mai's fighting in the older games as well as checked out her Wiki (which has a huge section on sex appeal which was pretty amusing to read) and I'm a bit stumped about how this might go. My first instinct was that Mikey would still find a way to win despite Mai's long distance fans and the ample distractions before him. Yet after reading some of the other comments, as well as those old fighting videos, it looks like Mai's long range arsenal extends way beyond just the fans. Those pyro attacks might be too much for Mikey to handle. I'll try to look up some more stuff about Mai later before I put my final vote in. 

Looking forward to the next part either way!

Oh, and one more thing, I think the Mai links need to be updated beyond the wiki. This is most likely more of an admin thing but the official site as well as the KOF wiki links are dead pretty much.

Thanks Marvel Man!

We're gonna see how this turns out but it's looking like Michelangelo might be losing out on this one.

I know enough about Mai Shiranui enough to believe that she would be a good match for Michelangelo, but I seeing some comments regarding Michelangelo being distracted by her outfit and shape is part of the stigma which the Mirage Turtles face due to later incarnations of the Turtles shaping public opinion of them.

And that's a tough thing to fight.

I also think that Mai having long range cause of the fans isn't an issue. Michelangelo's shell is more than durable enough to tank them and he could always deflect them with his nunchucks. The flames he has no defense against but consider the environment, they're fighting at a water fountain and he might be able to dodge them.

But the match is almost done here...

23 minutes ago, RakaiThwei said:

Thanks Marvel Man!

We're gonna see how this turns out but it's looking like Michelangelo might be losing out on this one.

I know enough about Mai Shiranui enough to believe that she would be a good match for Michelangelo, but I seeing some comments regarding Michelangelo being distracted by her outfit and shape is part of the stigma which the Mirage Turtles face due to later incarnations of the Turtles shaping public opinion of them.

And that's a tough thing to fight.

I also think that Mai having long range cause of the fans isn't an issue. Michelangelo's shell is more than durable enough to tank them and he could always deflect them with his nunchucks. The flames he has no defense against but consider the environment, they're fighting at a water fountain and he might be able to dodge them.

But the match is almost done here...

Yeah, I found an old Death Battle youtube video that kind of broke down Mai's abilities a bit more. Her level of control over fire seems a lot more advanced than I first thought and she seems to have a mastery over pressure points as well as close combat Judo? While I know the Mirage version of the Turtles is way more hardcore and they've dealt with more ninjas than you can shake a stick at, I am a bit worried about Michelangelo in this battle. He better camp out by that fountain. I think it will come down to his durability, he may just be able to outlast Mai over the course of the fight.

I agree that the steel fans are probably the least of his problems.

As far as being distracted, Mai is definitely a distracting figure, but you are very much correct that the later Turtle incarnations are probably haunting Mikey right now. 

3 minutes ago, Marvel Man said:

Yeah, I found an old Death Battle youtube video that kind of broke down Mai's abilities a bit more. Her level of control over fire seems a lot more advanced than I first thought and she seems to have a mastery over pressure points as well as close combat Judo?

I would not rely on Death Battle for information on characters as Death Battle omits crucial information on characters regarding their Death Battles, and even manipulate outcomes. See Ben 10 vs Green Lantern to see what I mean.

Also Mai might know pressure points but that is only useful if her opponent is human. Michelangelo is far from human and she likely wouldn't know the pressure points of a mutant Turtle, much less an ordinary Turtle.

8 minutes ago, Marvel Man said:

He better camp out by that fountain. I think it will come down to his durability, he may just be able to outlast Mai over the course of the fight.

Possibly.

9 minutes ago, Marvel Man said:

As far as being distracted, Mai is definitely a distracting figure, but you are very much correct that the later Turtle incarnations are probably haunting Mikey right now. 

That's why I link the Mirage Turtles Respect Thread in my matches. To educate people. Might wanna look at it!

33 minutes ago, RakaiThwei said:

I would not rely on Death Battle for information on characters as Death Battle omits crucial information on characters regarding their Death Battles, and even manipulate outcomes. See Ben 10 vs Green Lantern to see what I mean.

Oh I definitely agree. I guess I was more curious about her level of pyrokinesis. That was a bit hard to tell from the gameplay videos which seem a bit more artistic with the flames. It looks like she is pretty comfortable with her flames in combat though, which is really the biggest hurdle in my opinion. The pressure points are definitely out but it seems to me like Mai is skilled at both close range and at a distance. Michelangelo does have some pin point aim, but hitting a ninja is no easy feat.

33 minutes ago, RakaiThwei said:

That's why I link the Mirage Turtles Respect Thread in my matches. To educate people. Might wanna look at it!

The mirage Turtles are very impressive, that's for sure. I will note that the last link definitely looks like malnourished Mikey got some help taking down that grunt down (although he was still very impressive after weeks of prison rations). But either way, this is a very close fight in my opinion. I think it all comes down to how well Michelangelo can use his surroundings and how many hits Mai can take before it wears her down.

2 minutes ago, Marvel Man said:

Michelangelo does have some pin point aim, but hitting a ninja is no easy feat.

Good thing Michelangelo is a ninja himself and has fought Foot ninja, both lower and Elite Foot ninja. Also, in the original first issue, he and his brothers used shurikens and shirai-ryu throwing needles on Shredder, overwhelming him.

5 minutes ago, Marvel Man said:

But either way, this is a very close fight in my opinion. I think it all comes down to how well Michelangelo can use his surroundings and how many hits Mai can take before it wears her down.

If Michelangelo can get Mai dunked in the fountain, her kunoichi outfit, namely the tails of her outfit might get soaked and bogged down, making some techniques harder to pull off than normally. I would think that he might think of it. Not as fast as Leo but he might realize it.

Michelangelo definitely has some level of superhuman durability because of his shell. He can also pull his head and limbs in for overall protection.

Mai, as far as I know doesn't have superhuman durability. She's tougher than an untrained baseline human but that's it. Mikey has the edge in natural armor.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.80 - DSkillz
4.50 - Pizzaguy2995
5.00 - Venom 2009
4.00 - SSJRuss
4.70 - Marvel Man
5.00 - ViceCityMobster86
5.00 - JohnnyChany
5.00 - Boratz

FPA Calculation:
8 Total Votes cast
38.00 Total Combined Score
38.00 / 8 = 4.75 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Michelangelo (Mirage): 2
Mai Shiranui: 8

2 hours ago, RakaiThwei said:

Whoah! The votes were really lopsided here!

Yeah, I was definitely not expecting a landslide win for Mai. Maybe the new battle image pic is too powerful lol

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Marvel Man said:

Yeah, I was definitely not expecting a landslide win for Mai. Maybe the new battle image pic is too powerful lol

I wouldn't be surprised if people voted because anime titties. It just seems like people really underestimated Michelangelo, and didn't even bother looking at the Mirage TMNT Respect thread. Otherwise, the votes would've been closer.

I'll work around this... It's off-putting but I will work around this.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Marvel Man said:

Oh, and one more thing, I think the Mai links need to be updated beyond the wiki. This is most likely more of an admin thing but the official site as well as the KOF wiki links are dead pretty much.

Yeah, we can't change out profile links at this time. The abilities to change the name of a profile and switch it to other categories, though, are relatively recent developments. 

19 hours ago, RakaiThwei said:

Whoah! The votes were really lopsided here!

Wow. And I didn't even vote on this, since company kept me busy most of the rest of the day. Looks like my vote wouldn't have made a difference either way.

Just now, DSkillz said:

Wow. And I didn't even vote on this, since company kept me busy most of the rest of the day. Looks like my vote wouldn't have made a difference either way.

I already posted up the follow up match.