Slot: The Team's Corporate Mascot
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Tony The Tiger at this Wiki
Official Site: Kelloggs

Battle Terrain
Marketing Challenge: Bic Disposable Underwear

Heh, second straight human vs. animal match-up for this challenge. 

I'm somewhat torn on this one. Tony has more lasting and proven appeal, but how many folks wouldn't want to see Erin in underwear, disposable or not?

There's an old adage in Marketing... give the people what they want.

You don't have to be a marketing pro to see what the people would want here.  And when I say people, I mean pretty much everybody except the furries.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Fox said:

I mean pretty much everybody except the furries.

Never underestimate the power of Tony's furry following. He had to limit his twitter presence and block thousands of accounts because the furries were so thirsty for him. I'm not even joking. If Tony were to say "As long as these products keep selling, I'll keeping showing up in underwear on your twitter feed," well, I guess we would fully test how ironic those comments were

• Haha 2

Erin in underwear and pantyhose. 😍

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Never underestimate the power of Tony's furry following. He had to limit his twitter presence and block thousands of accounts because the furries were so thirsty for him. I'm not even joking. If Tony were to say "As long as these products keep selling, I'll keeping showing up in underwear on your twitter feed," well, I guess we would fully test how ironic those comments were

How did I never hear of this, what the hell?

21 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I was planning on leaving that link unclicked and take everyone's word for it, but I see that it's actually a guardian article. 

As far as this match goes, I think it's a pretty even battle. While Erin definitely appeals to the broader masses overall, I think there is a bit of a novelty angle that Tony could play. Tony affiliated underwear is something that could appeal to adults and children alike, whether it's a gag gift or a novelty item. The tiger has years of history. That's without adding in the furry element of it all. Of course, if word got out to the public about the furry thing, then that might really torpedo Kellogg's chances to win here. Although does the  public really feel positive about the kind of stuff Erin was retired for? At the end of the day, I think the court of public opinion can probably accept Erin a bit more than what the internet did to the beloved Tony. 

4 hours ago, Marvel Man said:

At the end of the day, I think the court of public opinion can probably accept Erin a bit more than what the internet did to the beloved Tony. 

Can they? Erin is associated with failure, she absolutely failed as a mascot. Tony is still going strong.

4 hours ago, Marvel Man said:

Of course, if word got out to the public about the furry thing, then that might really torpedo Kellogg's chances to win here. Although does the  public really feel positive about the kind of stuff Erin was retired for? At the end of the day, I think the court of public opinion can probably accept Erin a bit more than what the internet did to the beloved Tony. 

I don't think that's super likely, honestly. This happened IRL and of the many internet savvy people on this board, very few of them had ever heard of it

*looks at both mascots*

*eyes pop out of socket when I see it's an underwear challenge*

AUUUUGAAAA AUUUUGA

No but for real, I think Tiger has a better chance cause I can't see this company making sexy/cute female underwear and I think Tiger will have an easier job rocking plain whities

<----- not a furry btw

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Can they? Erin is associated with failure, she absolutely failed as a mascot. Tony is still going strong.

Well, it wasn't the public that took down Erin so much as the insurance company itself right? I don't remember any calls to boycott Esurance. If anything, I think Erin became way more popular than the marketing team probably thought although most likely not for the reasons they would have wanted. But point made about Kellogg's ability to weather the storm. 

17 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I don't think that's super likely, honestly. This happened IRL and of the many internet savvy people on this board, very few of them had ever heard of it

Very true. It would have to be an incredibly slow news day to move the needle for the general public. 

11 hours ago, UMPIRE said:

Match Final Results

Erin Esurance: 6
Tony The Tiger: 7

A win for the furries. 🤦‍♂️