Rumble 20533 Demoman vs. Ogra
MATCH SCORE
Demoman: 0
Ogra: 3

8:3 - Akuma (Tekken) vs. Ryuko Matoi

UMPIRE

SEASON 8, ROUND 3

Akuma (Tekken)

Slot: Vs. Battle Wiki Tier: Tectonic (Medium-High Power)
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Akuma (Tekken) at this Wiki
Official Site: Capcom comics

Ryuko Matoi

Slot: Vs. Battle Wiki Tier: Tectonic (Medium-High Power)
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Ryuko Matoi at this Wiki
Official Site: Funimation

Battle Terrain
Combat Terrain: Misty Mountains

Haven't really played the Tekken or SF games but from what I recall about Akuma, Ryuko is stronger, tougher and much faster than him, with a powerful healing factor and a crazy nearly unbreakable weapon. She should have this based on my knowledge.

9 minutes ago, C.T. said:

Haven't really played the Tekken games but from what I recall about Akuma, Ryuko is stronger, tougher and much faster than him, with a powerful healing factor and a crazy nearly unbreakable weapon. She should have this based on my knowledge.

Just out of curiosity, has she ever been faced with an attack that could destroy her soul?

28 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Just out of curiosity, has she ever been faced with an attack that could destroy her soul?

Not really an attack per se I don't think, but it is complicated. There was this one point where she was controlled body and soul by the big bad of her series and forced into serving as a loyal minion but through an open wound, two of her best friends were able to physically enter her body with anime flair, and this brought them both to a type of mental/soul space within her, I'd say like an astral plane of sorts for lack of a better way to put it and they were able to help her break free within there while knowing it could have done real damage to her spirit. And after she rips the outfit that was sewn into her skin and part of what was controlling her right off and with it a lot of her own skin and she drenched the whole area in a rain of blood in doing so but she still endured it and fought immediately after. 

So...complicated.

1 minute ago, C.T. said:

Not really an attack per se I don't think, but it is complicated. There was this one point where she was controlled body and soul by the big bad of her series and forced into serving as a loyal minion but through an open wound, two of her best friends were able to physically enter her body with anime flair, and this brought them both to a type of mental/soul space within her, I'd say like an astral plane of sorts for lack of a better way to put it and they were able to help her break free within there while knowing it could have done real damage to her spirit. And after she rips the outfit that was sewn into her skin and part of what was controlling her right off and with it a lot of her own skin and she drenched the whole area in a rain of blood in doing so but she still endured it and fought immediately after. 

So...complicated.

I'll have to look into this specific scene. Might be easier to understand from a visual perspective haha.

4 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

I'll have to look into this specific scene. Might be easier to understand from a visual perspective haha.

Only found it on Youtube real quick with original Japanese audio and Spanish captions so I don't know if you'll understand what's being said but for the visuals maybe this could help. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgOPpcNvZvs

So for those who don’t know Ryuko, Death Battle has done a match with her.

See 6:32 to 12:56 for information on Ryuko.

3 hours ago, C.T. said:

Still feel robbed here but nevertheless congratulations. 😁

I don't know about all that. Akuma hits about as hard, seems at least as fast, and has an attack that seems to be a pretty solid OHKO option. I feel like it's reasonable to vote for him 

28 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I don't know about all that. Akuma hits about as hard, seems at least as fast, and has an attack that seems to be a pretty solid OHKO option. I feel like it's reasonable to vote for him 

Apart from the OHKO option which is very true the more I’ve thought about it, what’s the backing on him being as strong or as quick? I looked through the vs battles wiki and respect threads, and barring some feats that the thread said was of dubious canon or straight up indicated weren’t canon, I didn’t see anything that showed he was anywhere near as strong or as fast.

Granted, doesn’t matter much now since the match is over lol.

Just now, C.T. said:

Apart from the OHKO option which is very true the more I’ve thought about it, what’s the backing on him being as strong or as quick? I looked through the vs battles wiki and respect threads, and barring some feats that the thread said was of dubious canon or straight up indicated weren’t canon, I didn’t see anything that showed he was anywhere near as strong or as fast.

Granted, doesn’t matter much now since the match is over lol.

Yeah, this is neither my character nor my match, and the match has expired lol. Disregarding her dip into 5-C though, they both hit at continental-multi-continental levels, they're both relativistic-sub relativistic speedwise, and their durability is about as strong as their striking distance. Granted, I don't know individual feats, but I'm not making a specific argument here, just saying that him winning seems justifiable to me