Slot: The Team Entertainer
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Powerline at Wikipedia
Official Site: Disney

Battle Terrain
Entertainer: Hawaiian Luau

Ah, man, can't believe I still haven't seen A Goofy Movie. I used to kind of follow Goof Troop, and I even taped A Goofy Movie a good while ago. 

Judging from this vid, though, while Powerline is entertaining, it looks like he actually co-opted some of MJ's moves, as well as Goofy's: 

Meanwhile, MJ lived and breathed dancing and singing growing up, and invented/put his own spin on many dance moves. I like his odds of at least picking up hula and fire dancing better than Powerline, and he'd probably do his trademark scream every time his feet touched the hot coals. 😆

29 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

I feel like a cartoon character would fare better with accidentally burning himself.

Funny you mentioned this. MJ was actually so into his performance that he didn't even notice his hair was on fire until the crew rushed to put it out: 

That's damn near cartoon-like unawareness in my book. 

Besides, after going through something like that, MJ probably wouldn't be sweating hot coals too much, especially after being told the trick to doing the dance.

Just now, DSkillz said:

Funny you mentioned this. MJ was actually so into his performance that he didn't even notice his hair was on fire until the crew rushed to put it out: 

Besides, after going through something like that, MJ probably wouldn't be sweating hot coals too much, especially after being told to trick to doing the dance.

Oh shit, there's footage of this? How did I completely manage to miss this?

6 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Oh shit, there's footage of this? How did I completely manage to miss this?

Know your Draft picks, baby. ;)

2 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Besides, after going through something like that, MJ probably wouldn't be sweating hot coals too much, especially after being told the trick to doing the dance.

Isn't this, like, an anti-feat though? He has bad experience with fire lol. It's not like he builds a resistance to it just because he already got caught on fire. This seems like evidence that Powerline would win

3 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Isn't this, like, an anti-feat though? He has bad experience with fire lol. It's not like he builds a resistance to it just because he already got caught on fire. This seems like evidence that Powerline would win

Not really. It shows that MJ could perform through such a mishap.

Besides, as mentioned, fire dancing isn't nearly as dangerous and can be learned easily enough. I'm still willing to bet on the guy that's lived and breathed dancing his entire life to learn it more easily.

Also, how do we know that Powerline has the toon force to endure pain any better than a normal human can?

3 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Not really. It shows that MJ could perform through such a mishap.

Besides, as mentioned, fire dancing isn't nearly as dangerous and can be learned easily enough. I'm still willing to bet on the guy that's lived and breathed dancing his entire life to learn it more easily.

Also, how do we know that Powerline has the toon force to endure pain any better than a normal human can?

Everyone appeared very calm when the security guard went straight into a giant jumbotron during the "I2I" preformance which would surely electrocute a normal person. I think we can infer from that that this world is used to freak accidents not causing much trouble.

On another note, I also can't believe I have never seen the Michael Jackson video before.