Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

7:5 - Hermione Granger vs. Arya Stark

UMPIRE

SEASON 7, ROUND 5

Hermione Granger

Slot: The Team's Precocious Child
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Hermione Granger at Wikipedia
Official Site: J.K. Rowling

Arya Stark

Slot: The Team's Precocious Child
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Arya Stark at Wikipedia
Official Site: George R. R. Martin

Battle Terrain
Precocious Kids: Who tells the best ghost story

I am sure Hermione - who deals with actual ghosts at Hogwarts and their lore - would have spooky stories to tell. 

Obviously, spooky stories abound in Game of Thrones - although I think much of it is less spooky and more simply grim and horrifying.

I don't know who wins, but I would absolutely pay to see the episode. 

I think it would also have to go in how well they could tell a story. To be honest, I have not read Game of Thrones or seen the show so can't speak for Arya. 

I just re read Sorcerors Stone and planning on reading through Harry Potter. I think while Hermione is around ghosts and would know a lot of ghost stories, she may have a problem telling an interesting story

So I don't know, I'd have to see all of your thoughts 

9 minutes ago, Boratz said:

I think it would also have to go in how well they could tell a story. To be honest, I have not read Game of Thrones or seen the show so can't speak for Arya. 

Well, prior to the final season of Game of Thrones, I might have said that's a shame.  But now, I can only salute your wisdom.

And since the books remain unfinished, and likely always will be, seems little point in getting involved with them.

All that said, Arya is an interesting character but I don't recall her having a flair for spinning tales.  Someone may correct me, though.

9 minutes ago, Fox said:

Well, prior to the final season of Game of Thrones, I might have said that's a shame.  But now, I can only salute your wisdom.

And since the books remain unfinished, and likely always will be, seems little point in getting involved with them.

All that said, Arya is an interesting character but I don't recall her having a flair for spinning tales.  Someone may correct me, though.

Definitely sounds like it'll be a tough call if that is the case. I may lean more towards Hermoine as you said earlier, she is around ghosts more. One of their classes was even taught by a ghost. I'll hold off for now 

Most of the Hogwarts ghosts aren't really scary though, treated more like comic relief from what I recall. That, and Arya grew up at Winterfell where the legends about White Walkers and such are brought up as horrifying tales plenty of times. Those aren't ghosts but the general scary feel is still there. Not to mention, I feel like Arya's demeanor would help her a lot in telling a scary story. She can be really cold, almost emotionless and detached while Hermione is generally lively and spirited.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, C.T. said:

Most of the Hogwarts ghosts aren't really scary though, treated more like comic relief from what I recall. That, and Arya grew up at Winterfell where the legends about White Walkers and such are brought up as horrifying tales plenty of times. Those aren't ghosts but the general scary feel is still there. Not to mention, I feel like Arya's demeanor would help her a lot in telling a scary story. She can be really cold, almost emotionless and detached while Hermione is generally lively and spirited.

I was just about to say this. Hermione hasn't seen the kind of things Arya has. Arya could scare a grown man, and we've seen her do it.

1 hour ago, SSJRuss said:

I was just about to say this. Hermione hasn't seen the kind of things Arya has. Arya could scare a grown man, and we've seen her do it.

I understand that gritty and realistic is not present in Harry Potter, but Hermione hasn't seen the kind of things Arya has? Really? Release a single Dementor in GOT, it will have everyone soulless and shitting their bowels out in months.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Macklemore said:

I understand that gritty and realistic is not present in Harry Potter, but Hermione hasn't seen the kind of things Arya has? Really? Release a single Dementor in GOT, it will have everyone soulless and shitting their bowels out in months.

Not to many, its not only ghosts Hogwarts has. I mean if this was her years between 11-13 given age requirements in this tournament, that would place her between Sorcerors stone and prisoner of Azkaban. 

In that time period alone; she went through a lot. Dementors were just a small sample. Higwarts itself has moving staircases and while cool to see onscreen and reading about, would probably freak out most Muggles. Not to mention the Forbiddon Forest at night and a giant snake.

4 hours ago, Macklemore said:

There aren't enough happy memories for the Dementor to feed on in GoT. Poor thing would starve

I think based on personalities, Arya borderline crushes Hermoine. Arya is pretty intense by the end, and she has certainly heard more stories of white walkers and ice spiders from Nan. Hermoine is more practical in her knowledge and speaking style (IE LeviosA vs LEVIosa) and I think would struggle at telling an interesting story, Arya wins I would aay

44 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

I think based on personalities, Arya borderline crushes Hermoine. Arya is pretty intense by the end, and she has certainly heard more stories of white walkers and ice spiders from Nan. Hermoine is more practical in her knowledge and speaking style (IE LeviosA vs LEVIosa) and I think would struggle at telling an interesting story, Arya wins I would aay

Did you not hear Hermione narrate the tale of the Three Brothers? She's a wonderful storyteller. 

2 hours ago, Mercenaryblade said:

Did you not hear Hermione narrate the tale of the Three Brothers? She's a wonderful storyteller. 

Meh, I think that's her narrating a written story. I'm reading this challenge as more of who can come up with a better one on the spot and be entertaining. I still believe she has more ability there.

EDIT: That is, however, the only scene that I enjoyed in the Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows: Part 1 movie version.

Edited by Magnamax
Expanded discussion

1 hour ago, Magnamax said:

Meh, I think that's her narrating a written story. I'm reading this challenge as more of who can come up with a better one on the spot and be entertaining. I still believe she has more ability there

Same feeling, yeah. That's just her reading from a book. If you put Hermione on the spot, I think she'd have more trouble than Arya would. 

• Like 1